Chapter Twenty

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

 

 

“What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?” Jeonghan heard his boyfriend ask. They were currently by the pool; Jeonghan was sitting down with his feet in the water while Seungcheol was lying down with his head on the other’s lap.

 

“I really don’t eat that much ice cream, but if I really have to pick, I’d have to say Cookie Dough.” He admitted as he played with Seungcheol’s hair. Seungcheol looked up to him in wonder before speaking again.

 

“Are you drunk?” He asked. Jeonghan looked down and smiled mindlessly.

 

“Not hammered, but yes.” He answered truthfully. They didn’t say much after that for a while before Seungcheol broke the silence. Choi Seungcheol fired one question after another.

 

“Your favorite color?”

 

“Blue.”

 

“Favorite genre?”

 

“Ballads.”

 

“Favorite place?”

 

“London.”

 

“Favorite food?”

 

“Banana split.”

 

“Why banana split?” Seungcheol broke the game, asking for his reason. Jeonghan playfully hit his arm.

 

“Why are you discriminating? You have something against desserts?” He protested. “It’s my favorite food, so why are you asking me the reason?”

 

“Why are you being defensive about it? I just want to know!” Seungcheol argued. “I’m not discriminating, it just because its a little bit different.” He explained. “So why banana split?” He asked again. Jeonghan, who was drunk enough to not filter his words, answered his question.

 

“Because I had it once for free in Paris. This hunky French guy was working part-time and he gave me that for free every time I ate there.” He answered. Seungcheol was so surprised by the other’s reason that he stood up with irritation.

 

“So that’s why you’re being defensive! Because of another man!” He protested. “And you dare to call me discriminating!” he exclaimed, letting out a ‘hmmph’ in annoyance. Jeonghan merely gave him a non-committal shrug.

 

“Did you really have to say that he’s hunky?” He asked again, glaring at the longhaired boy. Jeonghan answered with pleased nostalgia, not minding his boyfriend at all.

 

“Oh yes, Cheollie. YES.” He said, with dazed eyes. It wasn’t till he had water sprinkled onto him that he broke out of his daze. He looked to Seungcheol and saw that he was glaring at him.

 

“Are you thinking of another man while you’re with me?!” Seungcheol asked irritably. “Is he that y in your eyes?” He asked.

 

“It’s hard not to find that man y, Cheollie! If it were you, I think you would be the same!” He answered, too drunk to be modest. “You know European guys have great facial features, right? But then even among them that guy was especially handsome!” he said, clasping his hands together. “That shirt he wore clung to him like second skin, it was almost obscene! He had broad shoulder and a muscular back, and those arms!” he said dreamily. “Ooh! Those arms!” He repeated, fanning himself. By now, Seungcheol was fuming and had to distance himself from Jeonghan. He sat by the poolside chair and only glared at his boyfriend.

 

“Are you finish?” he yelled from the chair. Jeonghan must’ve been not paying him attention because he was surprised to see Seungcheol not beside him but on the chair. He stood up and sat beside Seungcheol.

 

“Why are you here?” He asked, not knowing what he just rambled about.

 

“Because it seems like I was disturbing you from your day dreaming about your French boyfriend with his muscular back and arms.” Seungcheol whined, crossing his arms together.

 

“Eyy, is my boyfriend jealous?” He asked.

 

“Oh now, I’m your boyfriend? I wasn’t your boyfriend when Seokmin asked it, and I definitely didn’t seem like your boyfriend when you were talking about that French dude!” Seungcheol asked in anger.

 

“But you know what?” Jeonghan asked, not fazed by the other’s angry outburst. “I really like your thighs.” He added, looking over Seungcheol’s thighs.

 

“Wh-what?” Seungcheol stammered. “You like my what?” He asked in open wonder, with eyes wide open. It was such a random thing to hear that it knocked him out in surprise.

 

“Your thighs.” Jeonghan reiterated. “I said I like your thighs.”

 

“What about them?” Seungcheol asked again not able to get over what Jeonghan’s answer.

 

“Yah! Why are you asking me that?!” Jeonghan protested, suddenly acting shy. Seungcheol also didn’t miss the blush that was getting more and more red by the minute.

 

“I don’t know!” He answered with a laugh.

 

“Then don’t ask anymore!” Jeonghan said, covering his face.

 

Seungcheol was wondering why his boyfriend was acting this way until it clicked. A smirk grew from his lips.

 

“Yoon Jeonghan, you weren’t, perhaps, thinking thoughts about my thighs, were you?” He asked, feeling good about himself; any trace of the French guy out of his head. Jeonghan only blushed more and turned away from him. He started to howl in laughter.

 

“You get by my thighs, don’t you?” He whispered, teasing him. “That’s why you’re being this way!”

 

“No, I don’t!” Jeonghan answered.

 

Liar. Seungcheol thought.

 

“I don’t think so.” He teased, suddenly feeling elated. “You’re blushing, did you know that you’re blushing, Yoon Jeonghan?” He asked.

 

“Blushing your !” The longhaired boy said. Seungcheol couldn’t hide his smile, he was grinning.

 

“Now you’re even mentioning my ! Oh my god, Yoon Jeonghan!” He exclaimed. “Are you a ert?!” He asked in mock disbelief, covering his chest.

 

“I hate you!” Jeonghan whined before standing up and drunk-ran his way back to the house.

 

 

***

 

Mingyu still wasn’t able to get over the fact his dear boyfriend told everyone earlier. It really didn’t occur to him that Wonwoo might have had a relationship with a girl before! Considering his looks, it doesn’t come as a surprise that Jeon Wonwoo had few admirers behind him; but Mingyu just didn’t thought that it would be a girl.

 

Of course, Wonwoo is with him now so it means that he likes boys naturally; it just didn’t occur to Mingyu that Wonwoo might have been the same as he was: a first timer in a boy-to-boy relationship.

 

So now, who is this girl that dared to kiss his Wonwoo even before he did?

 

Getting really frustrated and infuriated with the whole situation, he got out of his bed and looked for his boyfriend. What he saw astounded him in so many levels.

 

He was with Lee Seokmin, in the living room. Both of them were lying on the floor.

 

Studying.

 

Yes, Law students Jeon Wonwoo and Lee Seokmin, even in their drunken states, were studying.

 

He didn’t know how Seokmin got here! He was sure that Jeonghan and Seungcheol left the boy on his bed; He was with Wonwoo when they checked on him, so how the hell did Seokmin get here?

 

And Wonwoo! He only said that he’d be showering. Mingyu might not have noticed the time because of his thoughts, but he didn’t expect this. Why the hell did they even bring their books to a vacation?!

 

He made his way beside Wonwoo and shook him awake.

 

“Babe, wake up.” He said, but the raven-haired boy was still sleeping. Mingyu then leaned down and neared his lips to the other’s ears.

 

“I’m gonna bit your nose, if you don’t wake up, babe. You know I’ll do it so wake up already.” He whispered. He saw how his boyfriend shuddered from his breath and slowly wake up.

 

“What the do you want, you nose biter?” Wonwoo whined, but opened his eyes.

 

“You should sleep beside me, not with your books and this booger!” Mingyu replied, pointing to Seokmin.

 

“How the hell did he get here?” Wonwoo asked him rubbed his eyes as he sat up.

 

“I dunno. Let’s go.” Mingyu said, not really minding Seokmin. He led his boyfriend to his bedroom, helping him lay down by his bed.

 

“What the? I’m supposed to use my own room!” Wonwoo complained as he tugged the sheets closer to him. He was making himself comfortable so Mingyu didn’t think that Wonwoo was really complaining.

 

“Can’t you wake up for a bit? I want to stay up late while talking to you.” Mingyu asked him. He was surprised when Wonwoo scoffed at him.

 

“What the? Just talking?” he asked indignantly. It was Mingyu’s turn to scoff at him. “.” Wonwoo added. By now, Mingyu was standing up, staring at his boyfriend with wide eyes.

 

“Okay, fine. Just talking.” Wonwoo said, pulling him down by the hand. Mingyu was surprised by Wonwoo’s action. So he had this side to him, huh. He thought.

 

They were now lying side by side. Considering the things they’ve done earlier this evening, this was pretty bland for Mingyu.

 

“You can hold my hand if you’re feeling shy, Mingyu.” Wonwoo muttered while he was closing his eyes. “Do I really have to do the first initiative all the time?” He whined.

 

“Yah! Are you saying that I’m slow witted?” He asked with indignation. Wonwoo’s taunts are insinuating that he’s a coward and he didn’t like that one bit.

 

“Don’t worry, love.” Wonwoo replied, his voice going down octaves. Mingyu blushed when Wonwoo called him ‘Love’. “You’re cute when you hesitate.” He said, reaching out to give Mingyu a kiss on the cheek. He really didn’t know if that should hurt his pride or should be taken as a compliment.

 

“What are you talking about?” He asked with embarrassment.

 

“I feel like you’re going to ask me about my ex-girlfriend. I won’t hide it from you even when I’m sober but I’ll answer you right now so that you can put yourself at ease-” Wonwoo took Mingyu’s arm below his neck. He positioned his head on the other’s chest. His hand found the hem of the neck hole of Mingyu’s shirt. “-You don’t need to worry about her.” He said.

 

“She was a great girlfriend, but we’ve broken up. It wasn’t like Jeonghan hyung’s breakup with Jisoo hyung without a proper closure; we ended it cleanly because it just wasn’t working out for the both of us.” Wonwoo explained as he played with the younger’s shirt. “I wasn’t dumped either so I don’t have any lingering feelings for her. We both fell out of love and separated as friends.” Mingyu now started to wonder if they were seeing each other or if they have any recent contact.

 

“And I haven’t seen her in more than a year if you’re thinking about it.” Wonwoo answered his thoughts. “I didn’t contact her since, so be assured with that.” He added as he dug his face in the crook of Mingyu’s neck. Mingyu was losing his mind as he felt the older’s warm breath against his skin. Mingyu adjusted both of their positions so that they were facing each other sideways. He brought the older next to him and Wonwoo wrapped his arms around him.

 

“Don’t think any unnecessary thoughts, Kim Mingyu. I’m all yours now.” Wonwoo assured him. This made Mingyu’s heart soar, and what he said next made him laugh.

 

“Only you have access to all this handsomeness.” Wonwoo said, gesturing to his body, copying what Mingyu said earlier.

 

“You’re all mine.” He said. He felt Wonwoo nod against his neck.

 

 

***

 

 

Seungcheol woke up with a smile on his face. He never really knew that one day he’d wake up to a sight like this.

 

Yoon Jeonghan in his sleep in front of him.

 

It was such a sight that it made Seungcheol’s heart race. His previous relationships have all been mainly physical, so he couldn’t put it upon himself to lay with his partners until the morning.

 

But Jeonghan is different. They didn’t even have the night before, but Seungcheol felt closer to him than any of his previous partners. They didn’t make him thank the heavens the he woke up to see them another day like Jeonghan does.

 

His blonde hair was giving him a halo when the sunlight touches it. His lips were so red from the cold and his skin was still flushed from the alcohol last night.

 

Seungcheol wouldn’t be surprised if he saw a pair of white feathery wings behind Jeonghan’s back at this point.

 

The longhaired boy’s current appearance was such a distance to how he was last night. Jeonghan brought him up and down and up again all within the span of few minutes. Seungcheol didn’t know when and how he allowed someone to affect him this much; the influence Jeonghan had in him was so unprecedented that sometimes it even scares him.

 

Jeonghan was lying on his stomach, while his head was facing him. Seungcheol could just spend the day in this position, admiring the beauty that is his boyfriend, but he knew that they had other things in mind for the day and he wouldn’t want to waste the day in bed. He decided to give Jeonghan a few more minutes before waking him. He went to the bathroom the shower first, starting his day, and when he returned to the room the other was already awake.

 

“You’re awake already?” He asked the longhaired boy.

 

“No, Cheol. You’re dreaming.” Jeonghan answered sarcastically as he clutched his head as if in pain.

 

“Grumpy when hung over, huh?” Seungcheol remarked, the other just glared at him. He went in front of his boyfriend and took his hand. “Come on, I think Mingyu has aspirin somewhere in this house.” He said, leading him to the kitchen.

 

Apparently, they were the lasts to wake up. Everyone was in the kitchen; Mingyu was cooking while Wonwoo and Seokmin were sitting by the marble island counter.

 

“Good morning.” Seungcheol greeted them; only Mingyu gave him attention because the other two had their heads down the counter top.

 

“I think you mean afternoon, hyung.” The youngest corrected him. “It’s almost 2 PM.” Seungcheol shrugged, not having the energy to care about the time just yet.

 

“You have any aspirin in this place? Jeonghan is getting irritable.” He asked, whispering the last part. Mingyu pointed to the bottle of aspirin, sitting by the counter with a pitcher of water beside it.

 

“Just get a glass hyung, I’ve prepared everything.” He said, turning his attention back to his dish.

 

“I really won’t mind if you move in with us, Gyu.” Jeonghan commented before taking the medicine. “You can probably stay with Wonwoo in his room.” He suggested. Almost all of his friends looked to him in surprise; Seokmin and Wonwoo lifted their heads.

 

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Wonwoo asked in confusion.

 

“As long as he cooks everyday.” Jeonghan added his condition. “The pasta dish you made me before was fantastic!”

 

“When was this?” Seungcheol asked Mingyu.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter