BONUS CHAPTER!!!!

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BONUS CHAPTER!!!

 

A/N

 

Well, this is another bonus for the 300+ subs milestone of this fic: ‘The Cheonsa Rising’. This is on Seungcheol’s POV so I hope you like it.

 

 

********

 

 

 

It was the day before my birthday party and I am being forced to attend a dinner. My father invited the Jung family to yet another dinner and I have to suffer the company of the two people I would least like to be with. I’ve always avoided being with my father before because he’s always disappointed with something. He’s never been one of those dads that is very affectionate about their kid. I have always been his heir to the company; never his son.

 

And now, he’s arranging a union between his company and Jung Entertainment by marrying me off to it’s daughter; Jung Soojung. She’s a girl the type of girl that thinks she matters when she doesn’t; so she makes these attempts to make herself more visible in my life. She’s just someone who’ll be married to me because of a business deal.

 

Poor girl.

 

I sat in front of her while my mom faced her mom and our dads as well. It was a typical marriage meeting of families so I knew that this was gonna be a drag. Nothing much will happen; they’ll just be complimenting each other’s lives, businesses, properties, and whatnot. I’ve heard about these things from my peers. It was really tedious thing to do.

 

I’ve already told my mom that I don’t like Soojung so I won’t marry someone I don’t like, let alone love.

 

I don’t like her because I like Jeonghan.

 

Yoon Jeonghan.

 

And my mom knows about him, too.

 

 

Flashback

 

I stood in front of my parents’ room, preparing myself to talk to my mom. I knew from the staff that my father isn’t around that day so I took it as a chance to speak to my mom.

 

I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. I was sweating while waiting because this is the first time I’m gonna do something to deliberately go against my dad and his plans. She opened the door and was surprised when she saw me.

 

“My son! What are you doing here? To my room, of all places?” She asked with a surprised expression. It was a bit weird for me to speak with her this way because she’s always been the perfect wife to my dad. It was as if her life’s goal to serve my dad her wifely duties. Sometimes, I think she’s so into that role that she forgets she has other roles in her life.

 

Like her role as my mom

 

Shaking that thought aside, I followed her as she led me to a coffee table.

 

“To what do I owe this pleasure, my son? It’s so nice to have you here!” She said.

 

“Mom! Don’t say things like that, okay? It’s like I don’t even live here!” I protested. I do come here every week. I may have an apartment for myself, but I always make sure to go here every week.

 

“I’m sorry, Cheollie. It’s just a surprise to see you not on the weekends.” She said with a soft chuckle. Honestly, my mom’s chuckle is one of the best things I’ve heard in my life. It certainly is the most comforting sound. Her chuckle right now is not a fake one like when she’s with my father’s friends. It’s not like when she is with the wives of other company presidents or wives of politicians. This one is a real one.

 

“I just had something to talk to about with you.” I told her. She gave me a glass of orange juice before sitting down in front of me.

 

“What is it, Seungcheol-ah?” She asked me. I was ready to tell her my problem; I knew that this was what I wanted for the long haul so I shouldn’t let my father dictate this part of my life.

 

“I don’t want to marry Jung Soojung.” I told her confidently. It wasn’t like me to be shy about my thoughts; I’m like my father that way. “I don’t want to so I won’t” I added. Mom looked a bit taken aback by my statement because it wasn’t until after a few moments before she replied.

 

“Are you sure?” She asked me. I appreciated the fact that her first question wasn’t ‘why?’.

 

“Yes, mom. I’m sure.” I told her honestly. She took a sip from her glass before speaking again.

 

“Is there someone else in the equation that I don’t know about? I know that it isn’t like you to openly go against your dad.” She told me, with equal honesty. I nodded my head.

 

“Yes, mom. There is someone in the equation.” I admitted. “But the thing is; Soojung was never in the equation at all. I just thought that dad was just saying that.” I added, clearing out the facts. “But now that he is preparing engagement parties and whatnot, I’m getting anxious because I don’t want to be married that girl.” I added, my worries must’ve been clear on my face because my mom took my hand in hers.

 

“Would you tell me a name? I know you swing both ways.” She asked me; curiosity filled her eyes. I was surprised because I thought she didn’t know.

 

“Yoon Jeonghan. He’s the same age as me, but he’s a year below me.” I told her. She perked up at the mention of Jeonghan’s name and looked at me with wonder.

 

“Is this the guy who topped the entrance exam with Mingyu?” She asked me. I didn’t know that she remembered that! How did she remember that?

 

“Yes, mom. That’s him.” I answered curtly. My mom gave me a curious look, like she wants to study me.

 

“Well, tell me about this boy that had my son all in this mess.” She said, waving her hand as if to say ‘come at me’.

 

“What do you want me to say, mom! This is so awkward!” I complained. It’s starting to feel like an interview, and talking about Jeonghan is a little bit embarrassing!!!

 

“What?” She asked me innocently. “This is nothing to be shy about, son!” She said, waving me off. “Well, don’t tell me what he looks like; I want to have my own first impression on him. Just tell me how you feel when you’re around him. Does he make you feel elated, or meek and shy? Tell me your over-all feeling when you’re with him.” She said.

 

What? How am I supposed to answer that? That’s even harder than telling her about Jeonghan’s looks! I thought about it for a moment before answering. Taking a deep breath, I spoke.

 

“Sorry for cussing mom, but well, Jeonghan doesn’t give a about me.” I admitted, not looking at my mom. She gasped at my words and suddenly looked a bit anxious and worried.

 

“What? You mean to say that you’re having an unrequited love for him? Didn’t you woo him like how you normally do?” She asked me. I chuckled a bit because my mom surprisingly knows about my dating game. It was unexpected.

 

“No mom, I didn’t.” I admitted.

 

“What? Why didn’t you? You’re so flashy about how you treat your previous relationships! Mingyu’s mom told me all about it because her son told her.” She added. I was shocked at this revelation.

 

KIM MINGYU, YOU BASTARD!!!

 

“Well, let’s just say that we started on the wrong foot. He’s irritated with me since we met and he called me a delusional case of prince syndrome! Can you believe that, mom?” I protested; hoping to have my mom back me up.

 

“Well, yes I can, son. I can believe that.” She said.

 

“What! MOM! YOU SHOULD BE ON MY SIDE!” I complained, whining a little bit.

 

“Well, you are Choi Seongnam’s son, Seungcheol. I’m not at all surprised by this.” She said nonchalantly. Wow! “I’m more surprised that this Jeonghan kid had the guts to call you that. Now, I definitely want to meet him!” She said excitedly. Like really? Jeonghan passed on my mom’s test because he called her son delusional? WOW!

 

“Well, you’re definitely gonna meet him on my party, mom. I would bring him there.” I informed her.

 

“Really? Then what are you gonna do about your father, son? You know that I can’t disagree with your father in public.” She asked me; looking down when she said the last part. I placed my hand on top of hers and gave her a smile.

 

“Don’t you worry about me, mom. Just knowing that you support me is enough. I can handle this on my own.” I assured her.

 

“Well, you could always talk to me son. Maybe I could help you by talking to your dad; calming him when you make your move.” She said, giving me a hopeful smile.

 

“That would be the best, mom. Thank you.” I replied, smiling myself.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

Now, sitting in front of the Jung family is definitely uncomfortable. I can see my mom feeling a little bit awkward with the situation, knowing where I stand in this matter. I gave her hand a light squeeze from under the table. She gave me a small smile.

 

President Jung and his family sat in front of us with their smile like we really are gonna be a family soon. As if.

 

“I heard you invited business moguls nationwide, Mr. Choi.” President Jung said as we ate. They were making small talks, but it seemed like Soojung’s father wants to talk about something else. My father smiled like he was waiting to be asked this; he looked pleased and ready to answer.

 

“Of course, Mr. Jung! This is my son’s first official party after all. I even extended my invitation from my acquaintances in Japan and China; even a person from the U.S.” My father replied proudly; he wouldn’t pass on the opportunity to show off his wide connections, showing his power. The Jung family was impressed by this feat naturally; giving my father the reaction he wanted.

 

“Did you know that a friend of my wife is coming as well? She’s a businesswoman from Italy that imports all the Italian roasts in South Korea.” He boasted; my mom was a little bit embarrassed by this, seeing as she blushed a little bit.

 

“Really?” Soojung’s mother asked.

 

“Yes, Madame Jung. She was supposed to fly here a month from now, but I convinced her to attend Seungcheol’s party. She was so kind that she agreed to move her visit a month earlier than planned.” My mom answered. “I just wanted to reach out to an old friend and ask her to witness my son’s start on his way to become the future president of Choi Industries. It’s certainly a sight to see his friends as well; our Seungcheol has become so much favorable these days, and I think it’s because of the friends he’s been hanging out with.” She said proudly. I didn’t miss the knowing smile she sent my way when she answered Mrs. Jung’s question.

 

“I certainly hope your side didn’t invite Yoon Jeonghan tomorrow, sir.” Soojung said, deciding to but in. “After the insult he’s given our family, I definitely don’t want him there.” She said with pleading eyes. She was acting sad like she was bullied when in fact; it was her who started a fight with Jeonghan. What a desperate move. I wanted to throw the girl off the roof of a building for ruining the mood my mom has built up. It became even worse when my dad decided to be empathic to her.

 

“Well of course, I didn’t invite that orphan, Soojung. I only invited people from our circles.” He said, assuring his supposedly future daughter-in-law. “Also, I’ve had the displeasure of meeting the boy and I must say that I shouldn’t have expected more from such an uneducated and parentless person.” He added. I didn’t know whom I should be more irritated with. I can’t believe my dad would stoop so low! I already am anxious enough when I think about my dad, if had something to do with Wonwoo’s family problems! I really don’t know what to do if it proves to be true.

 

“Aren’t you forgetting that tomorrow’s party is for me, Shijung? Or are you so threatened of a mere orphan, as you’ve put it?” I snapped her, not masking the venom that covered my words. At this, my mother looked at me with scolding eyes at me while Soojung’s mother gasped at me.

 

“Seungcheol! Where are your manners?” my dad asked me, giving me a dark look. Most of the time, I’ll be dead afraid of him when he gives me this look; I just know that there would be trouble for me afterwards. But this time is different; I won’t have Jeonghan be insulted anymore.

 

“I don’t know father, I must’ve left it where you left yours at. You certainly didn’t feel ashamed of saying what you did earlier.” He answered back, glaring at his father straight in the eyes.

 

“Did you know that Yoon Jeonghan has more land than you even father?” I asked him. Jeonghan is better than me, that much I know. My dad still has his head in the clouds. “Do you know that he’s educational background more impressive than any of your circle’s kids? Do you also know that he threatened to buy off Jung Entertainment if Soojung even dared to touch him again?” I added, gesturing to the Jung family.

 

“Is this true, Soojung?” Her father asked Soojung; she nodded. It pleased me a bit to saw that Soojung shrink in shame.

 

“It’s true.” I answered. I turned to my father and saw a surprised yet dark expression. I started it already? Why not go further? “He would buy off their company because he could.” I stressed out the last part. “I haven’t been able to see his international accounts, but his local ones definitely proves he’s a chaebol on his own.” He clarified. “Why did you think you weren’t able to get anything on him, dad? It’s because I already did, so they made sure it won’t happen again.” His father stared at him with shock in his eyes. He knew that his father is starting to realize how much he underestimated his friend.

 

“Soojung definitely knows who Jeonghan’s uncle is, and what he does. They’ve warned me to keep to myself or else; Soojung is gonna be next if she keeps on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter