Chapter Nineteen

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

 

 

Jeonghan stood in front of his boyfriend and friend; watching as they argue over the tiniest of things. They were in front of Jeonghan’s car and Seungcheol and Mingyu are having a go at each other.

 

“Yah! Kim Mingyu! I told you that you’re driving!” Seungcheol told the silver haired boy. “Jeonghan has been driving you guys everywhere and it’s about time that he rests! We’ll seat in the back while Wonwoo can take shotgun as you drive.” He explained.

 

Yes, it’s true. For someone who dislikes driving, Jeonghan has been driving everyone everywhere.

 

“Then I don’t see the reason why you can’t drive, hyung!” Mingyu argued. “Han can take shotgun while you drive, Wonwoo and I can take the backseats!” He said. Seungcheol shook his head violently.

 

“It’s because I want Jeonghan to take a rest comfortably, Kim Mingyu. Don’t be insensitive!” He protested. Seungcheol didn’t know how to wiggle his way out of this one smoothly without announcing his newfound relationship with Jeonghan. He still couldn’t understand why it has to be a secret. It’s not like revealing it would make a big impact.

 

“Don’t you think I want to cuddle with my boyfriend, hyung? Why don’t you be sensitive?” Mingyu debated, with hand gestures and facial expressions to boot. Seungcheol found it a bit irritating when Mingyu mentioned being Wonwoo’s boyfriend. His pride took a hit. He looked to Wonwoo and gestured to Jeonghan with a look. He hoped that being the #1 fan of his love for Jeonghan, Wonwoo would help him.

 

And help him, Jeon Wonwoo did!

 

“Yah! Kim Mingyu! Whoever gave you the idea that I will let you cuddle with me?” Wonwoo said, smacking Mingyu’s arm. Seungcheol guffawed at the silver-haired boy. ‘Burn’ he mouthed teasingly.

 

“What? I want to cuddle with you because I’m your boyfriend. I want to and I can!” Mingyu protested. This didn’t sit well with the raven-haired boy. He fixed his glasses before replying.

 

“Well, if you don’t let my hyung be comfortable while taking a rest in the backseat, I don’t see why you can cuddle with me at all!” Wonwoo said, glaring at Mingyu. He then proceeded to seat at the passenger seat of the car. “Aren’t you gonna drive?” He looked back at them, eyeing Mingyu sharply, daring him to protest.

 

 

Least to say, it was a pleasant drive for Seungcheol.

 

He was sitting on the backseat with Jeonghan, but he decided to send him a message.

 

 

To: Jeonghan J

 

This is utter torture, Yoon Jeonghan!

How can I keep our relationship a secret this way?

 

 

He received a message not long after that. He glanced beside him and saw his boyfriend pleading to him with wide eyes.

 

 

From: Jeonghan J

 

I’m sorry…

Can’t you keep it a secret for a little longer?

I’m just not prepared yet.

 

 

Seungcheol immediately felt bad about his behavior. He did promise Jeonghan to understand his reluctance to jump in a relationship; he said that he’d accept it all. To suddenly guilt trip him this way was shameful. He wrote a new message.

 

 

To: Jeonghan J

 

I didn’t mean to make you feel bad. Sorry.

You’re just too pretty, Princess. I can’t control myself  ;)

 

 

He waited for the other to read his message and chuckled when he saw Jeonghan’s blushing expression. He couldn’t quite meet Seungcheol’s eyes and made his reply hurriedly.

 

 

From: Jeonghan J

 

Yah! Choi Seungcheol! How can you call a man pretty!

Princess your arse!!

 

 

To: Jeonghan J

 

Because you are. What can I do about it?

You’re my pretty princess :*

 

 

From: Jeonghan J

 

Then you’re bug-eyed.

 

 

To: Jeonghan J

 

Heol! Aren’t you being a little bit unfair?!

You should say that I’m handsome! Grr.

 

 

From: Jeonghan J

 

‘grr’ yourself. You’re still bug-eyed.

Now, let me sleep. I thought you wanted me to rest?

 

 

 

To: Jeonghan J

 

Sleep well, princess.

 

 

Jeonghan didn’t reply after that, but Seungcheol saw him smile before closing his eyes and going to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

There was a bomb scare inside the University so the heads of the school board decided to cancel all classes. They said that it would take a whole of two days to thoroughly search the premises and guarantee its safety to accommodate the students once again. Naturally, it was a long weekend for the students; since the two days happened to be just before the weekend.

 

Mingyu told them that they could spend their weekend at their vacation house in the province.

 

The drive was a bit long and tiring, at least for Mingyu, so by the time that they’ve arrived, everyone was hungry.

 

“There is no staff here, because it was a sudden trip.” He announced. “Aside from the caretakers of the place, there is no one here who’ll assist us.” He explained. “We have to fend for ourselves.” He said with an almost petrified look.

 

“Hey Mr. Rich Kid, that’s not a problem at all. Your boyfriend and I know perfectly well how to take care of ourselves. I think even Seungcheol does because he lives alone. You’re the only one new to this.” Jeonghan commented. Mingyu scoffed at his words.

 

“What? Choi Seungcheol? He has his staff come to his apartment everyday!” He said, defending himself. “It’s just that they come whenever he’s not around!” He added proudly. “He’s the same as me if not worse!”

 

Kim Mingyu, you bastard! Seungcheol thought.

 

“Really? We’re gonna have to change that Choi Seungcheol.” Jeonghan nudged him.

 

“Why don’t you make me, babe?” He whispered in reply; Jeonghan blushed and turned away.

 

It’s so hard to not act like his boyfriend if he blushes like that! It’s unfair!  He complained internally.

 

“Well, Mingyu, I think you should just follow Wonwoo around and ask him what you can do.” Jeonghan suggested. “I know you’re just dying to spend time with him.” He winked at the silver-haired boy. Mingyu didn’t seem to disagree one bit.

 

With that, they spent their day, preparing for dinner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo was preparing the grill; they decided to have barbeque for dinner as per out-of-town traditions. Jeonghan was preparing the meat to be grilled while Seungcheol just followed the longhaired boy’s instruction. Mingyu on the other hand was sleeping; driving for few hours must’ve tired him out.

 

“Woo-ya, I think it’s safe to wake Mingyu up by now.” Jeonghan called out from the kitchen. Wonwoo made his way inside before answering.

 

“Its okay, hyung. I can do his chores for him” He answered. “Mingyu was pretty tired from driving. We can let him sleep a little more.” He added. Jeonghan shook his head in disagreement.

 

“No, he won’t sleep a wink at night at this rate. He’s rested enough.” Jeonghan explained to him. Wonwoo nodded in understanding. He decided to leave the grill when it’s good for cooking.

 

“Hyung, the grill is working now, you can cook now!” He happily informed Seungcheol. “I’ll just wake Mingyu.” He added as he passed by the elder.

 

“Okay, Wonwoo.” Seungcheol replied, standing by the grill. “Don’t do anything else, okay?” He teased with a wink. Wonwoo blushed in embarrassment.

 

“Hyung!” He protested. “What are you talking about?”

 

“Oh, I dunno.” Seungcheol replied innocently. “Why are you embarrassed? What are you thinking about?” he asked. Wonwoo didn’t bother hiding his embarrassment anymore; he only ran to Mingyu’s room without replying.

 

He entered Mingyu’s room and saw the silver-haired boy sleeping peacefully; laying sideways with his hands clasped together under his face. In his current position, Kim Mingyu looked like a little kid and Wonwoo found that absolutely adorable. He walked towards the bed and sat beside Mingyu’s lying figure that stirred when he felt the bed dip.

 

“Wake up, Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo told him, using his hand to shake the other. Mingyu’s eyes opened a little.

 

“I don’t wanna.” Mingyu answered with sleep-laced voice.

 

“You won’t be getting anymore sleep if you keep this up!” Wonwoo explained him as he shook the other. “Come on already! The hyungs are waiting for-” He said but was cut off when Mingyu pulled him down. How could he have such strength when he just woke up? Wonwoo thought. They now laid together, Wonwoo’s back to Mingyu; the younger’s arm wrapped around the older.

 

“Five minutes.” Mingyu said; nuzzling his head on the back of his head.

 

“Yah! That tickles! Stop that!” He scolded the younger. He heard a chuckle from behind.

 

“Turn around already then!” Mingyu whined. Humoring the other, Wonwoo turned.

 

Mingyu’s eyes were still closed and his lips were in a light pout; Wonwoo had the strongest urge to take a bite.

 

“Stop staring at my face, babe. I can feel you lusting over my handsomeness.” Mingyu whispered. It took Wonwoo a few moments to realize what he just said because the other’s lips moving so slightly entranced him.

 

“Yah! What do you mean by lusting? You’re delusional!” He protested, hitting Mingyu lightly on the chest.

 

“Don’t need to be weird about it, babe. Only you have access to all of this.” Mingyu said confidently, raising his hand to gesture to his whole body. “Don’t hold yourself back.” He added. Wonwoo didn’t know what came over him. It might be Mingyu’s words, it might be how confident Mingyu was, or it might even be how he can’t take his eyes off Mingyu’s lips, but what he did next surprised the both of them.

 

He kissed the younger’s lips. Feeling the soft, soft lips against his. Wonwoo didn’t hold himself back, ravishing the other’s lips according to his heart’s content. He wasn’t even aware that Mingyu had his eyes wide open in surprise, but it wasn’t long until he reciprocated the kiss.

 

It was hot and heavy; it was intense. Wonwoo hasn’t let himself go this way in a long time, and now he’s back completely. Mingyu was returning every kiss, battling for dominance. Wonwoo lifted himself without breaking the kiss. Expertly maneuvering himself to make sure he didn’t let go of the other’s lips as he straddled Mingyu.

 

He ran his tongue along Mingyu’s bottom lip; ling it like a candy treat. Mingyu was losing his mind, having never met this side of his supposedly shy boyfriend. Wonwoo held the other’s head, placing his hands around the back of Mingyu’s head; pulling him closer.

 

Mingyu has long lost the battle for dominance and just let Wonwoo savor him, and return the kiss. They stayed that way for what seemed like hours, until Wonwoo decided to let the younger breathe. Sitting back up, he looked down on Mingyu’s breathless expression.

 

“You awake yet?” He asked the younger who was still catching his breath.

 

“How are you not breathless?” Mingyu protested. Wonwoo was indeed breathing properly, as if he wasn’t kissing the younger out of his mind just moments ago. The older shrugged his shoulders.

 

Wonwoo stared at Mingyu’s abused lips; feeling more by the sight of the younger’s flushed face and red lips. He realized what he just did, and on the back of his head, bad memories are daring to resurface.

 

Choosing to ignore that, he concentrated on his boyfriend who was staring at him with wide eyes.

 

“What are you staring at, babe?” He asked, using Mingyu’s nickname for him.

 

“That was…” Mingyu started but wasn’t able to finish. Wonwoo chuckled at the other’s wide-eyed expression. Wonwoo climbed down from the younger, standing beside the bed.

 

“What’s with your expression? No one’s kissed you that way before?” He asked the younger. Mingyu shook his head wordlessly.

 

“Why? You have?” Mingyu asked him back. With reluctance, he nodded. Mingyu sat up straight in surprise.

 

“What? Who? When? How? Why?” Mingyu asked. Wonwoo chuckled at his boyfriend’s cuteness.

 

“Forget about it Kim Mingyu, what matters is I’m only gonna be kissing you from now on.” He assured the other, touching the side of his head. Mingyu’s expression softened and his eyes blurred in a daze. It wasn’t until a moment later when it hardened again and a pissed expression came.

 

“But still! Someone’s kissed you that way before! Before I did! Before me!!!” He complained. Wonwoo decided to kiss him again, a softer kiss than their previous one.

 

“Well, you’re my best kiss.” He assured the younger. “So stand up and help us already! It’s dinnertime!” he added before heading out of the room.

 

With a sudden confident and smug expression, Mingyu joined the others.

 

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol watched Wonwoo make his way to Mingyu’s room; with a knowing smile, he went to Jeonghan’s side by the kitchen counter. The longhaired boy was busy marinating the meat they were gonna grill later on.

 

“Jeong, what do you think they’ll do inside?” He nudged Jeonghan as he browsed through the side dishes the other was preparing.

 

“Well, Wonwoo is probably waking Mingyu. That’s what I asked him to do.” Jeonghan answered distractedly. Seungcheol scratched his head.

 

“No, but really.” He insisted. “What do you think they’re doing by now?” He asked again. Jeonghan ‘tsked” and finally gave him his attention.

 

“Get your mind out of the gutter, Choi Seungcheol. Can’t you see I’m busy?” The longhaired boy scolded him. He murmured in annoyance. “Didn’t I tell you to bring these side dishes outside? Aren’t you gonna help me?” He said. Seungcheol grumbled and lowered his head.

 

“Yessir.” He said begrudgingly. He noticed that most of the plates and utensils are in set of five. He looked at Jeonghan with wonder.

 

“Jeong!” He said, recounting everything. “Why are there 5 sets of utensils? Are we expecting someone else?” He asked. He glanced at the other again and saw him nodding while he resumed his work. “Who is coming?” He asked again.

 

“Oh, I invited Seokmin.” The other answered.

What? Seokmin is coming? He complained internally. It’s already hard enough not to show Wonwoo and Mingyu that they are still just friends; how is he gonna be able to sneak enough time to spend with his boyfriend here now that someone else is coming?

 

“Ah really? That’s nice.” He remarked lifelessly.

 

“I remembered him saying he wants to come with us when we go out of town. I kind of felt bad for not remembering him earlier.” Jeonghan explained. Seungcheol knew of the other’s friendship with Seokmin. It was nothing worth bothering; he knew that Seokmin is safe, but still, he would’ve preferred to spend alone time with his boyfriend. It was nothing personal.

 

“That’s really nice of you to do.” He commented with the same enthusiasm as his previous reply.

 

“You don’t sound like you mean that, Cheollie.” Jeonghan noticed, stopping what he was doing. “Did I make a mistake?” he asked. Seungcheol looked up and turn to his boyfriend.

 

“Not really. It’s just that, its gonna be even harder for us to spend time together because there’s gonna be someone else now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter