chapter two

The forgotten

The sunlight woke Kris up. He could smell Bella’s scent on the bed and on the pillow she used. He touched her side, but she wasn’t there. Bella was probably cooking. Slowly, he found his boxer and put it on. He walked to the kitchen to find Bella.

She was cooking for breakfast with only his shirt on. Kris could see her slender legs. ‘y’ he thought. Belle didn’t know Kris was awake, until she could feel his hand hold her waist.

“Oh, you surprised me.” She said.

“I missed you on my bed.” Kris whispered and kissed her neck.

“I’m making breakfast so you won’t be hungry at work.” Bella said

“You know, we could stay in bed all day long if you decided to stop your work.” Kris said.

“Come on Kris, I don’t want to talk about it again.” Bella said while trying to lose Kris’s hold on her waist.

“You can just stay at home or study at the university, I can afford everything for you.” Kris insisted.

“I don’t need to depend on someone. I told you, I want to earn money by myself to go to the university. I’ll stopped working when I’m married and have a baby.” Bella said. She was such a fool to think about him marrying her, but she wanted to hope. Maybe he could change his mind for her.

“Can we just drop this matter?” Bella pleaded. “Let’s have our breakfast”

After that, the two of them had a silent breakfast. Bella avoided an eye contract with Kris, she was afraid that he could read her.

After the breakfast, they separated ways to go to work. Kris didn’t know where Bella works, because he never asked and he never brought her to work They don’t want people to suspicious something between them.

 

The next day, Bella went home early, because she wanted to prepare dinner for Kris. Today she decided to confess to Kris that she loves him. She wanted their relationship to step forward.

At 7 pm, Bella heard the door opened. Kris was home.

“Babe, are you home?” She could hear his deep voice.

Kris was surprised to see a lot of candles and rose petal on the floor. Bella came up and welcomed him.

“What is this all about?” Kris said and he kissed her on the lips.

“I came home early today and I prepared dinner.” Bella said

“Oh, really. Let’s eat then. I’m really hungry.” Kris said and he walked to the table with a lot of food.

Kris sat down and he started to eat the food that Bella prepared. Kris looked up after he noticed that you didn’t eat anything.

“Is there something?” Kris said

“Kris, I-I love you.” Bella said

“Kris, I… I” Bella couldn’t find the right word to explain.

“Stop it, Bella. I don’t want to talk right now.” Kris turned to look at her.

‘How could she think that she loves me. She shouldn’t love me’ he thougth.

“I need to go and don’t contract me tomorrow.”

“Kris, don’t do this.” She cried.

When Kris saw tears on her eyes, he knew he has hurt her. But he shouldn’t try to comfort her and he left.

Bella found herself alone and tears rolled down from her eyes. Her cheeks were wet because of the tears. Kris has gone for an hour.

She felt stupid for confessing to him. He would think that she would hope of something from him. She lost him. The moment she told him her true feeling.

 

The next day, she went to work as always. The only different is that her eyes are red and swollen.

“Wow, what happened to you?” Mira, one of her colleague said

“I just have an allergic. It’ll be fine. I’m sorry that you need to see this at work.” Bella said

“It’s okay, but why didn’t you called sick today?” Mira asked

“I don’t want to leave you to do extra work, because of me.” Bella said

“You’re such a good colleague.” Mira said and she hugged you to give you encouragement.

For a few days, Bella just spent her time in the office. She does everything that she could do. She even skipped lunch to work. She refused to let her mind empty. She would think about Kris. After work she just go straight home, but it’s different. The apartment was never her home.

Bella didn’t eat properly. She just spent her time working or in front of the TV. Suddenly, she saw the news was reporting about Kris. He was attending an event in China. He was walking on a red carpet with a beautiful and slim lady who was clinging on his side. The lady was Mr. Lee’s only daughter, the owner of Lee technology. Bella felt tears running out of her eyes. She turned off the TV and refuse to believe that Kris left her and forgot her, his Mistress.