chapter three

The forgotten

Two days later, Kris came back to Seoul. He immediately went back to the apartment. He knew that Bella was in their apartment, because it’s Saturday. He really missed her and he couldn’t wait to see her.

He opened the door and he found Bella was sitting on the couch. She quickly looked up and smiled.

“Kris” she said and Kris just nodded, remaining cold towards her.

“I missed you so much.” Bella said and she hugged him, but Kris didn’t hug back.

“I’m sorry about that night. I was hoping too much. Let’s forget about it and go back like before.” Bella said

“I don’t think so.” Kris said

“What do you mean?” Bella asked

“Bella, I told you before. I’m not intended to marry you. You’re just my mistress. I’ll marry someone else in the future. Someone that my family like me to marry to” Kris said.

Bella had a little hope that Kris has changed his mind, but she guessed not. How does Kris know that his family won’t like her? Only because she’s an orphan and can’t help their company.

Suddenly, Kris took a tiffany blue box out of his pocket and he gave it to Bella.

“It’s for you.” Kris said and Bella opened it. It was a bracelet with diamonds.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you so much.” Bella said

“Let’s end our relationship here and now.” Kris said

“Wh-what?” Bella asked shocked.

“My parents arranged a marriage for me. Next month, my family will announce it and hold an engagement party. My fiancee is Lee Wen, the only daughter of Mr. Lee from Lee’s technology.” Kris said

“But I thought…” Bella said, but Kris cut her off

“I have made it clear. I’m not intended to marry you. That bracelet was my last present for you and this is for you also.” Kris said and he put a check on the table.

Bella looked at him in disbelief.

“Do you think I’m a ? I don’t want your money. All I want is you. I don’t mind to remind as your mistress.” Bella said

“No, you can’t. I need to cut all the strings with you now, before it’s getting out of hand. You’re hoping too much now. I’ll give you a day to pack. I’m going to sell the apartment. The money is enough for you to buy a luxury place to live and it could pay your bills and university fee for another five years. I’ll leaving.” Kris said and walked away.

Bella could hear the sound of the door being slammed. Kris left her and won’t come back to her. She collapsed to the floor and just let her tears fell. The memory with Kris hooded back. She closed her eyes and let all the memory flashback in her mind.

After the flashbacks, she decided she wouldn’t let Kris think so low about her. She started packing and she only took her own belonging. She left all the things that Kris brought for her. After that, she wrote a letter for Kris.

I want to thank you for giving me good times. I’m really happy to be your mistress. I never thought that I would felt in love with you. That night was my mistake. I let my feelings took over me.

And I never want your money. I love you and not your money.

Bella

Bella put the letter on the bed together with the tiffany blue box, the bracelet and the check. She didn’t need it. She took her belongings and left the apartment

 

The next day, Kris went to the apartment to get his things. He found the things that you put on the bed. He couldn’t believe she didn’t take it. Every woman is willingly to take the money. He then walked in the closet to see that all the things that he brought for Bella were still there. She didn’t take the money and all the expensive things with her.

Kris went back to the bedroom and he read the letter. He got confused about Bella. Maybe he really has a false imagination of Bella, but nevermind he ended their relationship anyway.

 

The time went by and his family planned his engagement party and wedding while Kris was busy with his company. He didn’t really care about his fiancée or wife, because it’s an arranged marriage which means no feelings. Sometimes he’ll accompany his fiancée to go shopping, because their parents asked him to. She was a clingy woman.

“Which one do you like?” his fiancee asked

“the white one.” He said bored

“But I like the red one more.” she said

“Then take the red one.” He said

“but you like the white one.” She asked

Kris was really annoying and he took out his credit card.

“Take both then, here.” Kris said and he handed her his card before he walked away.

He never went shopping with a girl. His mistress Bella never liked shopping so he didn’t need to.

 

Bella just ended her work and she went back to her rooftop house. A rooftop house was the only thing that she could offer with the money that she earn. She couldn’t even save money for her university fee. Her dream of studying in a university is unreachable now. All the money will go to rent, living and other fees.

Bella has lost some of her weight, because she hardly ate. She always ended up throwing all the foods in the past few weeks. She felt a little bit dizzy and she was about to fall down when someone catch her.

A white ceiling and the smell of hospital greeted her when she awakened. She was confused of what happened.

“I see you’re awake, miss.” A nurse said

“What happened?” Bella asked

“You passed out on the street. A girl called the ambulance. That’s why you ended up here.” The nurse said.

“So, I can go home now?” Bella asked

“The doctor need to see you first. Wait until the doctor come and he will explain your condition.” The nurse said

Moments later, the doctor came.

“Miss Bella right?” the doctor asked

“Yes, everything is fine right?” Bella asked

“No, I don’t think it’s alright for you to be in this state. You need a lot of nutrition with your condition. If not, It’s going to harm the baby.” The doctor said and Bella widened her eyes

“Baby?” She asked in disbelief.

“Yes, miss. You don’t know. You’re four months pregnant.” The doctor said and Bella’s face became paler.

“I suggest you to eat properly and eat some multivitamins if you still want to keep the baby.” The doctor said

‘Kris left me one more present before he left.’ Bella thought

“I’m going to keep the baby.” Bella said

No matter what Bella is keeping the baby. The baby is the only and last thing that Kris gave her. Bella never had anybody that love her, even Kris doesn’t love her, but the baby will love her. The baby will give all the love that Kris didn’t give her.