chapter nine

The forgotten

Luhan gave Seojin back to Vivian and he walked back to his room. He called Kris and told him to meet him in the café at 9 o’clock. He didn’t even let Kris to respond and he hung up. Then Luhan walked to grandfather’s room. Grandfather just came home from work and he was in his room.

“Is there something urgent that you can’t wait until dinner?” Grandfather asked when he saw Luhan opened his door.

Grandfather was sitting on his massage chair to relax his muscles after his tiring work from the company.

“It’s about the father of Seojin.” Luhan said and grandfather immediately stopped the massage chair and he gave full attention to Luhan

“Did you do investigation about him?” Luhan asked

“We were working on it, but there are no results. We only know that his surname is probably Wu.” Grandfather said and sighed.

“I know who the father is in all probability.” Luhan said

“Who is that bastard?” grandfather said

“It’s probably Kris Wu.” Luhan said

“What?! Kris Wu as in your friend and the CEO of Wu electronics. How do you know? He’s one of your best friend.” Grandfather said in disbelief

“I didn’t notice before, but Seojin really looks like Kris and today I saw Kris and Byeol outside of our mansion. They were discussing about things, but when I asked if they know each other. They said no and quickly went away.” Luhan explained.

“Let’s ask her during dinner.” Grandfather said and Luhan nodded.

They went to the dinner room after the maids called that the dinner was ready. Byeol was busy putting the food on the table when Luhan and grandfather arrived. Seojin was in the dinner room also. He was playing with his toy that Luhan gave him in his baby chair.

“I heard that you made the dinner.” Grandfather said

“I did. I made Ginseng chicken and pork belly. I hope you like it.” Byeol said

“We like everything that you make.” Grandfather said and they sat down to eat dinner.

“This is really delicious. You should make it more often.” Luhan said and he rubbed is belly when he finished his dinner. Probably Seojin is not really happy that he can’t eat his mommy’s foods and he threw his toy towards Luhan, but it just landed 10 centimetres before himself.

“Thank you. I’ll try to make it more often. I think that I need to go. Seojin is bored I think.” Byeol said and she grabbed the toy to give it back to Seojin.

“The nannies can take care of Seojin. We’ve something to talk to you.” Grandfather said and he motioned the nannies to take Seojin back to his room. After that all the workers also left.

“Is Kris the father of Seojin?” Luhan asked and Byeol looked down while getting nervous.

“You can’t hide it anymore. We can always do a DNA test.” Grandfather said and Byeol sighed.

“Kris is indeed Seojin’s father.” Byeol said

“That bastard.” Grandfather said and he slapped the table. Byeol got shocked

After Byeol calmed down from her shock, she told Luhan and her grandfather the whole story. From being a mistress to giving birth to Seojin.

“How dare that bastard left you like that?” Grandfather angrily said

“It doesn’t matter anymore. It’s the past already and I’m really fine to be a single mother.” Byeol said

“We’ll respect your decision. We won’t do anything to Kris. Let’s talk about it any other time.” Grandfather said and Byeol nodded

Byeol left the room and grandfather’s attention went to Luhan

“I already called Kris and I’ll ask for his explanation.” Luhan said and grandfather nodded.

Luhan immediately left the mansion to meet Kris after he left the dinner room.

 

“Hi, deep.” Luhan greeted Kris when Luhan went in the VIP room.

“Is this how you greeted a good friend of yours?” Kris said a little irritated.

“Yes, if it’s the one who make my cousin pregnant and left her.” Luhan said and he sat down before Kris.

“You know everything?” Kris asked

“Byeol told me her past with you and I’m here to listen to your side of the story, before I decided to break your bones or not.” Luhan said.

Kris told Luhan the whole story of how he met Byeol in the club to her being his mistress and why he left her.

“It wasn’t my intention to just leave her like that, but my parents force me in an arranged marriage as you know. I don’t want to hurt two women so I ended things with Bella or Byeol. If I knew that she was pregnant that time, I’ll never leave her. I’ll fight for her. I’ll try all the ways to search for her.” Kris said

“What are your plans now that you found her?” Luhan asked

“I’ll take responsibility and marry her.” Kris immediately said

“Do you love her?” Luhan asked and Kris stayed silence.

“Then leave your responsibility. We’ll take care of Byeol ourselves.” Luhan said and he was about to leave, but Kris stopped him

“What do you mean that I need to leave my responsibility?” Kris said

“You know that we lost Byeol when she was 1-year-old. She grew up in an orphanage. She never got love. If you only marry her, because of responsibility then leave it. We can do a better job than you. At least she’ll get love from us. She won’t be happy if you marry her because of your responsibility.” Luhan said

“But I love her.” Kris said

“Are you sure? Why didn’t you answer me when I asked you?” Luhan said

“I love her, but I don’t know if I’m good enough for her that why I didn’t answer.” Kris said

There was a pregnant silent until Luhan broke the silence.

“I believe you for now, because we’re best friends. But if you hurt her then say goodbye to our friendship and Byeol. Is that clear?” Luhan said

“Krystal.” Kris said

“I won’t help you to take Byeol back, but I and grandpa won’t block you too.” Luhan said and he walked away.

Kris sighed and he really needed to think of a plan to get Byeol back. His phone vibrated and he got a message from Luhan

‘This is your son, Seojin Wu’ it says with a picture of Seojin.

He immediately set the picture as his background.

 

The next day, Kris went to the Lu’s mansion with some presents and fruits. The maids let him in and he met Wang Lu in the living room.

“Good afternoon, Grandpa Lu.” Kris greeted and he bowed.

“Good afternoon. Long time no see. I supposed you’re not here for me or Luhan right?” Grandfather said

“These presents and fruits are for you. And I indeed would like to meet with Byeol.” Kris said and grandfather nodded.

“I think that Luhan already made things clear with you.” Grandfather said

“It’s krystal clear. Don’t worry. I’ll break my own bones if I hurt Byeol.” Kris said

“Good. She’s in the dinner room.” Grandfather said and Kris nodded.

“Thank you.” Kris said and he left for the dinner room.

Byeol was learning how to feed Seojin with the bottle in the dinner room. Kris secretly made a picture of Byeol and Seojin, before he walked further in the dinner room. Byeol notice someone and she looked up.

“Hello.” Kris said

“Hello, you’re here for Seojin?” Byeol asked

“No. I’m here for you” Kris said and Byeol looked confused.

“Can we talk in private without Seojin? I mean outside of this mansion.” Kris asked and Byeol nodded.

Byeol picked Seojin up and she walked to the living room.

“Grandpa, I’m going to talk to Kris outside. Can you look over Seojin?” Byeol asked and grandfather nodded.

“Of course. Don’t worry.” Grandfather said

Kris and Byeol walked out of the mansion and Kris opened the door for Byeol. Byeol stepped in the car and Kris drove away.

“Ok. Do the talking.” Byeol said

“Can we not talk it in the car?” Kris asked and Byeol sighed.

“Whatever.” Byeol said and she looked out of the window.

Kris stopped his car and Byeol looked at her surroundings. This is the place where the apartment is where Kris and her lived. Kris stepped out of the car and Byeol followed. Kris grabbed her hand and he dragged her in the building. He walked in the elevator and pressed the floor. Kris let go of Byeol’s hand after they’re in the apartment. The apartment was still the same when she left it.

“You didn’t sell it?” Byeol asked and Kris nodded.

“I didn’t want to sell it. Here are the happy memories where you and I create.” Kris said

Byeol weakened a little after hearing what Kris said.

‘He wants to keep the memories with me in his life’ Byeol thought

Kris walked to the kitchen and he poured Byeol’s favourite juice in the glasses.

‘He still remember my favourite juce’ Byeol thought

Kris placed the two glasses on the table in the living room and motioned Byeol to sit.

“It wasn’t my intention to leave you…” Kris started his story

“Please forgive me and come back to me. I really love you. I changed after I left you. We can take tings slowly. How about we start where we ended it? Not as my mistress, but as my girlfriend?” Kris ended his story.

 “What if your parents tell you to leave me?” Byeol asked

“I would not listen to them and fight for you.” Kris said

Byeol thought of a while and she decided to give Kris a chance. She didn’t told him that she was pregnant afterall and she knows that Kris is a filial son that didn’t disobeyed his parents.

“Ok. I’ll give you a chance.” Byeol said and Kris immediately hugged her tightly.

“Thank you so much. I love you.” Kris said

After the long hug, Kris suggested to play Wii sports like the old times. Byeol played tennis, golf and boxing with Kris. He’ll always win, but sometimes he’ll lost deliberately. Byeol was really tired and sweats was all over her body.

“I’ll take a shower.” Byeol announced

“Don’t take it for too long. I’ll miss you too much.” Kris said and Byeol just ignored him.

Kris had already take a shower in the guestroom and now he was lying on the couch. Byeol lay beside him, but Kris moved her to lie above him. One arm on her waist and the other was her hair. Unconsciously, Byeol felt asleep.