chapter five

The forgotten

One week later….

Bella recovered really fast and she didn’t think about Wang Lu anymore. The doctor told her that she could discharged in the afternoon. In the morning, she walked to the baby room to see Seojin. She took the elevator to go down and she immediately saw Wang Lu was standing before the baby room. He was watching Seojin.

Bella walked towards Wang Lu and she got blocked by two of the bodyguards.

“I’m sorry, miss. You can’t go near him.” The bodyguard said and Wang Lu looked up.

“How dare you blocking young miss. Let her go.” Wang Lu said and the bodyguard immediately let her go.

“I’m sorry about my men. I don’t want too much people to know your existence yet and let unimportant people to bother you.” Wang Lu said and he turned to see Seojin.

“Can I asked you why are here?” Bella carefully asked

“I can’t see my own granddaughter and great grandson? You named him Seojin, right? It’s a nice name. I like it.” Wang Lu said

“Are you sure that I’m your long lost granddaughter?” Bella asked and Wang Lu shook his head.

“Doctor Lee just called me and he said that the results of the new DNA test just came out. How about we go together?” Wang Lu said and Bella nodded

“Ok.” Bella agreed.

Wang Lu and Bella walked together to the room of doctor Lee.

“Good morning, Mr. Lu and miss. Please sit down first. I’ll grab the documents.” Doctor Lee said

“Will you believe I’m your real grandfather if the results say that?” Wang Lu asked

“I’ll believe the results, because it’s the hard truth. I can’t think of a reason why you should make me your fake granddaughter.” Bella said

Doctor Lee came back with the documents and she sit before Wang Lu and Bella.

“So, the results came out and it says that the possibility that you two are related it’s 90% which means that you are grandfather and granddaughter.” Doctor Lee said and he let you see the results.

It was like a thunder shock came through her body. Her body froze and she didn’t even know how long she was in that state.

Bella came back to earth when she heard the door closed. Doctor Lee just went out of the room.

“So, my granddaughter, how about we eat lunch together and I’ll tell you everything.” Wang Lu or her grandfather said and Bella could only nod her head.

The butlers helped Bella to pack her things and Wang Lu assistant, Mr. Kim, settle your discharged like the fee and information. Bella walked with Wang Lu to the baby room to pick up Seojin.

“I’ll miss this handsome guy.” The nurse said and she gave Seojin to you.

“Today, we can finally go home.” Bella said and she kissed his forehead.

“These information folders will help you to take care of your baby. It’s your first child right?” the nurse said and Bella nodded.

Wang Lu took the folders over from the nurse, because your hands were carrying Seojin.

“Thank you very much and goodbye.” Bella said and the nurse waved you goodbye.

 

An expensive car was already waiting when Bella and Wang Lu walked out of the hospital. Mr. Kim opened the door for them and they went in the car. Seojin immediately started to cry and Bella tried to make him stop crying.

Seojin cried and cried. Bella didn’t really know what to do anymore.

“How about I tried to calm him?” Wang Lu said and Bella gave Seojin, because she didn’t know anymore. Giving Seojin to her grandfather was the only thing she could do. Seojin immediately stopped crying when Wang Lu took over.

“Everything is okay.” Wang Lu said and he smiled while Bella pouted.

“You don’t have to be upset. You’ll learn really quick. We all will help you.” Wang Lu said

The car came to a stop and Bella looked around. She saw a really really big mansion.

“You don’t mind if we eat lunch in my mansion right?” Wang Lu said and Bella shook her head.

They walked out of the car and Wang Lu let the way to the dinner hall. Seojin was still in his hand, because he felt asleep in his arms. The dinner table was already full with a lot of foods and the maids already prepared a baby bed beside the chair. Wang Lu carefully put Seojin on the baby bed and tried not to wake him up.

“Sit down first.” Wang Lu said and Bella just obeyed.

“I let the maid prepared a special soup for you. It’s good for woman that just gave birth.” Wang Lu said and he put the soup before Bella.

“Th-thank you, Gr-grandfather.” Bella stuttered.

“What did you just call me?” Wang Lu asked in disbelief

“Grandfather?” Bella said unsure if It’s right.

“Oh, my lovely granddaughter. You finally called me grandfather. I waited this for so long. Can you call me again?” Wang Lu said almost crying.

“Grandfather.” Bella said and he nodded in happiness

“Eat before the foods are getting cold.” Her grandfather said

“You need to eat too.” Bella said and they both ate.

Seojin started to cry again and Bella immediately pick him up to calm him down.

“I think that he’s hungry. You can use that room there. We’ll talk afterwards.” Wang Lu said and Bella obeyed.

She walked in the room and locked the door behind her. Bella opened a little of her shirt and let Seojin her s.

 

Bella walked out of the room after Seojin felt asleep again. She saw that Mr. Kim was talking to Wang Lu. Bella carefully put Seojin on the baby bed and she sat down again.

“Aigoo. Sleepyhead.” Wang Lu said and Mr. Kim walked a little further again.

“How about we talk now? I don’t want to leave too late.” Bella said and Wang Lu face changed a little, but Bella just ignored it.

“Ok, it started when you were one-year-old. Your parents went to Singapore for business trip and holiday, but they got in a car accident. They died. The police found their bodies in the car, but you just disappeared. Probably you crawled out of the car and some citizens found you. They brought you to an orphanage. The workers there found a necklace. The necklace is from a Korean goldsmith and he only sale this kind of necklace to Korean citizens so they presumed that you're Korean. So they contracted an orphanage in Korean with the hope that your family can find you faster.” Wang Lu said and sighed.

“Unfortunately, someone burned the building beside the orphanage and it went to the orphanage. Luckily, you was saved, but the necklace got damaged. The letters y-o were no longer see and somehow two points got above the u. So the orphanage in Korean thought your surname is Lü and your first name Bel as in Bella. That’s stated your name, Bella Lü. This made us more difficult to find you.” Wang Lu said a little angry.

“In these 18 years, we searched over the whole world for a girl named Byeol Lu, but it ended with no results. We were so desperate that we went over to DNA tests. I almost lost hope, but we found your existence when you fainted and someone brought you to hospital. But you already left before we got in the hospital. That’s why we immediately went to the hospital no matter what when you gave birth. I’m so sorry to let you suffer so much. I should have find you earlier. From now on, let grandfather take care of you. Please move in with me.” Wang Lu ended his story.

“I can’t.” Bella said

“Why? You’re smart enough to know that you can’t work and take care of Seojin. Without work, you can’t pay for your living and you can’t let Seojin home alone. Hyemi and her parents can’t always take care of Seojin.” Wang Lu said and Bella looked down, because she knew that her grandfather was telling the truth.

Actually, she didn’t really think about it. She couldn’t offer to bring Seojin to the day care with her salary. Hyemi and her parents offered help, but she knew that she couldn’t always bother them.

“I already hired professional nannies to take care of Seojin and you don’t have to worry about your living anymore, because I’ve enough money to take care of you. I even enrolled you to Sky university. Your dream is to study in a university right?” Wang Lu continued

Bella knew that she didn’t have a choice, but to agree.

“ok, I’ll move in with you.” Bella agreed without a choice and her grandfather smiled.

“I know that you’ll agreed. I even resigned for you.” Wang Lu announced

“What? How can you do that.” Bella said.

“You worked for my company, remember. I can arrange a more suitable position for you after some years if you would like to work.” Wang Lu said and Bella nodded.

“Let me take you around for a tour through our mansion, ok. The maids will take care of Seojin. Don’t worry. We’ll have a camera here. You can always know what’s happening in this room.” Wang Lu said and Mr. Kim let you see the tablet.