Helping Someone Isn't Worth It

I Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Helping Someone Isn’t Worth It

Luhan lived in the evergreen fields of the Heavens. He had always wanted to go into the main center, but such a person like him had no chance to. His family was despised upon and the were cast to the greens to become farmers. All the luxury and lavishes he had once had, thousands of years ago, were long gone by now. 

Luhan was the only child and he only had one friend. There were little to no people around this part of the Heavens and Luhan only had a glimpse of the center from his childhood. 

A red envelope was set in front of his face by his best friend, Seoyeon.

“Look, Luhannie!” she said pouting. The royal seal was stamped across the envelope. “You know I can’t go meet the Prince, Lulu. Didn’t you hear about Hana? It seems like the green here only have bad luck.” She fluttered her brown wings. They seemed even dustier than the last time Luhan had seen them. 

Luhan sighed and rolled his eyes. “You idiot, Seoyeon! I can’t believe you still believe in that myth. Everyone knows Hana was just a legend to scare off people like us from entering the prince’s yearly hunt.” Seoyeon pouted and her eyes teared up in fear. “B-But what if he banishes me too? Look at me, I have brown wings that even my parents pity on, my hair is all frizzy from the heat and freckles are all over me!” She sobbed into Luhan’s arm. “You have to help me!” she whispered, “I can’t leave behind my baby.”

Seoyeon had gotten pregnant with a baby by her newly found love. The baby was coming in a few months and Seoyeon’s looked like her stomach would explode any second now, she was probably b with twins.

“Luhan, you know I can’t go,” her tears ran down her face. Luhan sighed and smoothed his white feathers. “Just don’t go, Seoyeon.” Seoyeon looked even more frightened. “No, if I don’t go they’ll look for me. You know how tricky the royals are.” she rubbed her stomach, “Please Luhan, please do it for the baby.”

Luhan sighed and looked into the sky. “I’ll go, only for your baby,” He stared into the sky. Luhan had a secret spot in his heart for children. He always wanted one, but was declared infertile or close to since the day he was born. 

Seoye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter