Forget Me Not

I Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4: Forget Me Not

The familiar man looked at Luhan and narrowed his eyes. “What are you doing?” whispered Subin, her once perfectly molded face was contoured into a nervous scowl. 

Luhan blinked. Wasn’t that Youngsoo? 

The man walked closer to Luhan, every step echoed across the painted floor. The girls all looked the Luhan, some were nervous and others, jealous. 

The man grabbed Luhan’s head and turned it upwards to meet his eyes. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have never seen you in my entire life, how dare you shout to me when you have no idea who the prince is? Luhan nervously stepped back, “Aren’t you Youngsoo? I met you last night.”

The man rolled his eyes, “How desperate, I’m Oh Sehun. I have never heard of this Youngsoo in my entire life. How pitiful, already making up stories to gain my attention.” Luhan gripped his skirt and slowly flapped his wings, he was doing this for Seoyeon and he couldn’t back out now.

The prince stared at Luhan again before turning his head away in ignorance. Luhan slowly started regretting coming here, or even talking with what seemed to be Prince Sehun’s twin..? Possibly.

Subin tapped on Luhan’s arm, her hands twisted in her pin straight black hair, her teeth bit down on her thin red lips, smearing the painted gloss over her front teeth. Luhan had never seen this weird shiny paint on one’s lips before. If it would smear then why would one wear it?

“Seoyeon,” whispered Subin, “Can I talk with you?” 

Luhan slowly nodded; he thought that Subin thought of herself as being high and mighty but this shy girl in front of him was anything but high. Subin glanced behind her making sure that the other contestants were busying themselves with Sehun.

Subin dried her eyes with her red sleeve. “I-I I don’t know if I can trust anyone else,” she glanced behind again before continuing. “They all seem untrustworthy, they all know of the secret.. and none of them trust each other, but I know you’re from the greens..” Subin’s purple wings enveloped her. “I am the sacrifice. At least that is the plan.” Her lips quivered, “I know I have the best chance with the prince, but I have no intention of being here.”

Luhan nodded; he connected with Subin, but what was this ‘sacrifice’?

Subin edged closer to Luhan’s ears to whisper in his ears, “Every year, when a child is born. The King and Queen select one girl to become a possible sacrifice. A sacrifice is the most profitable position in which a girl can become the prince’s bride, but if she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter