Chapter 9- “Him”

At Least I'll Always Have You

 

-After being comforted by Gi Kwang, Na Hyun heads home-

 Na Hyun- Appa (father)! I’m home!

-Only silence replies-

Na Hyun- Appa?

-Na Hyun rushed to every part of their house, and still her father wasn’t there. Oh wait; she forgot to check their lab. As she stepped in the lab, only disappointment came to meet her. Again, no appa. Suddenly, the screen in the lab -

Army Leader- Good Day to you, maam. Have you noticed anyone missing?

Prof. Woo- ! Sir, did you take my father?

Army Leader- I don’t know. Maybe I did, and maybe I didn’t. But the thing is, he’s not the only one missing here. Jun Hyung is gone.

Na Hyun- !

Army Leader- We left him shut down in our Army Base’s lab, but this morning he had disappeared. We assumed that your father had taken him. So we took your father. Questioning was done and your father denies taking Jun Hyung. Am I to believe that’s true?

Na Hyun- Completely! We didn’t take Jun Hyung! Please let Appa go!

Army Leader- Well, tough luck kid. Your father’s not going anywhere until we get Jun Hyung. He already denied having Jun Hyung before remember? It’s just like the previous: an exchange is what I want- your father for Jun Hyung. Come to think of it, your father is very useful. Why should I still send him home if I could just make him stay and work here? I’ve thought of a new deal now: I’ll be sending soldiers out to look for Jun Hyung. If you find him first, I’ll let your appa go. But if we find him first, both Jun Hyung and your appa will stay in the Army Base. You on the other hand, well, take care of yourself; we don’t need you around here. So that’s the deal. Good luck dear; you’ll need it.

-the screen turns off-

- At the shock of things, Na Hyun sits down in the lab with her face on the palm of her hands. How could this happen to her? She loses Jun Hyung, followed by Yo Seob; will she lose her father too? “This is just so much to take in”, she thought. She kneels down and prays. She tells God about everything and begs for mercy. She doesn’t cry this time. How could she? Her tears are drained. After prayer, she sits down and thinks. Where could Jun Hyung be? He was shut down when the Army Leader last saw him. Did he turn on all on his own? Or did someone else do that? How could anyone penetrate the security system of the Army Base? How did they get to the lab without activating any alarms?...but even worse...who would steal Jun Hyung and why? Na Hyun shudders at the thought of anything bad happening to Jun Hyung. It scares her so much that she runs outside to look for Jun Hyung, even though it never even crossed her mind that she doesn’t know where to look. She looks everywhere. That night, she comes home disappointed. No Jun Hyung, and now, no appa. She is alone in her house; she can’t sleep. She starts to feel restless as the tension and stress start to sink in. What if the soldiers find Jun Hyung first? She doesn’t want that to happen...if it does...she just might go nuts. Feeling so uncomfortable, she decides to go out and look for Jun Hyung again. She ended up searching for him the whole night. It was soon the dawn of a new day. When she noticed the sun rising she realized that morning had come and she had to go to school. She hurried home to prepare. She took a bath hastily, took her bag and ran through the door. She arrives at school just in time.

Due to looking for Jun Hyung the whole night, she was so tired sheslept through all of her classes. This resulted to being reprimanded by all her teachers. One of Gi Kwang and Yo Seob’s friends, Hyun Seung, noticed this and felt worried. He and Na Hyun are in the same section, so he sees her being scolded by the teachers. He decides to talk to her during recess.-

-Walking on the corridor approaching a staircase –

-Hyun Seung calls Na Hyun-

 

Hyun Seung- (Ah! There she is!) Ya! Na Hyun-sshi! Wait up!

Na Hyun- ?? (turns around)

Hyun Seung- Whoah! (She looks so tired.)...uh..Gi Kwang told us about your break up with Yo Seob. I know you’re taking it hard, but don’t worry (smiles). We’ll do everything to help out. Don’t think about it too much; anyone who looks at you can tell you didn’t get enough sleep.

Na Hyun- ...(yawn) (rubs her eyes)

Hyun Seung- (T.T) Hey, were you listening? I’m concerned here.

-Suddenly, Na Hyun starts to lose balance and falls off the staircase-

Hyun Seung- ! Na Hyun! (slides down the rail of the staircase and catches Na Hyun)

Na Hyun-…zzzzz

Hyun Seung- (T.T) She fell asleep. (worried) Poor Na Hyun…She was so groggy shefell down the stairs. Thanks be to God for giving me speed, or else she’d be flat on the floor. (annoyed) Man, Yo Seob better pull his act together; it’s so obvious that neither of them will survive one week without each other. He should really just get back with her.

-just then, Gi Kwang, Dong Woon and Doo Joon came by-

Gi Kwang, Dong Woon, Doo Joon- (SHOCK O.O)!?

Hyun Seung- ! ... Uh…

Gi Kwang- (-_-) Here we were talking about how to get Na Hyun and Yo Seob back together, and now we see her in YOUR arms.

Hyun Seung- (embarrased) Dude; it’s not what you think. She fell down the stairs because she was too sleepy.

Dong Woon- Oh really Hyun Seung hyung? (wink) you naughty trouble maker, hehe^^

Hyun Seung- (pissed) Dong Woon, you’d better knock it off.

Doo Joon- Hmm…I wonder how Yo Seob is…it’s only been his 2nd day in his new school after all.

-The boys start to walk to bring Na Hyun to the clinic-

Hyun Seung- (carrying Na Hyun) I’m sure cutie boy will be fine; he was probably talk of the town the minute he entered class. The only problem would be if he met a pretty girl. She’ll try to charm him for sure.

Gi Kwang- Nah; Yo Seob won’t fall for that. I don’t think it’s so simple for him to forget about Na Hyun, even if he meets a pretty girl. The guy can take care of himself.

Dong Woon- I think so too. Yo Seob Hyung really loved Na Hyun. And I bet he still does.

Doo Joon- Yeah; he’s probably as messed up as she is right now.

-And truth be told, Doo Joon’s hunch was correct. Even though many girls crowded Yo Seob because of his looks, he could only give off fake smiles. When it was time for recess, he avoided the girls by quickly going to the guy’s comfort room. And there, he didn’t restrict himself any longer; he was missing Na Hyun, and he knew it. It’s only been 48 hours since their break up, but he already feels guilty about making her cry. He tried hard to pretend she didn’t matter; he really really tried. But he was losing his mind by yesterday evening; he couldn’t take even just one day knowing that they broke up. He took out his phone and typed in the password. He went to his inbox…and starts to read Na Hyun’s past messages to him. He was told to delete them…but that’s just too much to ask. He reads them all with lonely eyes.-

 

Yo Seob- (sigh)…(Reading Na Hyun’s messages- “ Good Morning Seobie ^^!”; “ Have you eaten yet? Please take care of yourself! J”; “I’m Genie for your wish ^^ (joke!)”; “Study hard ok? Always do your best; Seobie Fighting! J”; “Seobie Oppa, Saranghaeyo! (Seobie, I love you!) ^o^)”…

-Yo Seob sighs heavily and puts the phone back in his pocket. He looks up in despair then closes his eyes and puts hands on his forehead. He suddenly shouts-

Yo Seob- GAAAHHH! I can’t take this anymore! I’m going to go insane! It’s so hard to push myself to do this!

Boy 1- (inside C.R.’s cubicle) Hahaha! Ya! Yo Seob-sshi! Is it a big one?

Yo Seob- (annoyed) ! Huh!? What’re you freakin’ talking about?

Boy 2- (also inside C.R.’s cubicle)Haha! You’d better go to the clinic if you’re constipated! The nurse can give you some medicine to help with the pushing^^

Yo Seob- (T_T) What the-that’s not what I meant! I’m not even doing that! (frustrated, he starts pulling on his hair)AAAHHH! Why is this happening to me!?

-Na Hyun’s school-

-In the clinic, Na Hyun wakes up-

Na Hyun-…! I’m in the clinic?

Doo Joon- Yup; you fell off the stairs, but luckily Hyun Seung was able to catch you.

Na Hyun- ! Really? Thanks so much Hyun Seung Oppa.

Hyun Seung- It’s nothing^^ I’m glad you’re safe.

Gi Kwang- You know, you really mustn’t tire yourself too muchNa Hyun-sshi. What if you fall again when no one’s around to catch you? We don’t want you getting hurt.

Na Hyun- Mianhe (sorry)..but you see, I was out all night looking for Jun Hyung.

All- !!

Hyun Seung- No wonder you’re so tired! You mean to tell me you literally spent the whole night looking for him?

Na Hyun- Yes.

Dong Woon- Wae (why) Na Hyun-sshi?

Na Hyun- Well…when I got home yesterday, I couldn’t find Appa (father). Then the Army Leader suddenly told me Jun Hyung was missing. He took Appa thinking that Jun Hyung was with him. But as it turns out, Jun Hyung wasn’t. So the Army Leader said if I find Jun Hyung, we’ll make a trade and I can get Appa back. But if the army finds Jun Hyung first, then they won’t give me Appa back anymore.

All- !

Doo Joon- Wow; somebody was able to take Jun Hyung!? How did he avoid the army base’s security system?

Gi Kwang- Well whoever he was, we’d better find him. But that’s going to be tough since we don’t have the slightest clue of what he looks like.

Dong Woon- How are you going to take care of yourself, Na Hyun-sshi?

Na Hyun- It’s ok; I’ll be fine^^

-GROWL-

Boys- !! What was that?

Na Hyun- !...hehe (embarassed) I might’ve forgotten to eat breakfast this morning.

Hyun Seung- Well that’s not good. C’mon, let’s go to the canteen. I’ll treat you.

Na Hyun-! Thanks so much, but it’s ok :> I’ll be fine.

Doo Joon- Sorry Na Hyun; but I’ll have to agree with Hyun Seung on this one^^ Go eat.

Na Hyun-Oh…Ok, thanks. Sorry to be a bother Hyun Seung Oppa.

Hyun Seung- Nah; it’s nothing. C’mon, let’s go.

Na Hyun- What about you guys?

Gi Kwang- We’ll catch up; go on ahead.

Na Hyun- Araso (okay).

-Na Hyun and Hyun Seung leave-

Doo Joon- Don’t you guys think something fishy is going on?

Gi Kwang- Yeah.

Dong Woon- What do you mean Doo Joon hyung?

Gi Kwang- He means that it’s pretty obvious that an army base has spy cameras all over the place. It’s a highly secured facility, so surely it has at least one for each room. The fishy thing is how come the culprit who stole Jun Hyung wasn’t seen on the spy cameras.

Dong Woon-!

Doo Joon- It’s possible that we’re against someone very dangerous. There’s no way that he’d be able to escape the spy cameras unless he knew the army base from head to toe. And I believe that no one would steal Jun Hyung without knowing that he’s actually the perfect army robot.  Whoever this person is, he’s no ordinary guy. He knows about Jun Hyung’s secret, and there’s no telling what he wants with Jun Hyung.

Dong Woon-!

 

 

Dong Woon- (scared) Who could he be??

-Army Base-

Army Leader- What!? How can there be no footage recorded in the spy cameras!?

Soldier- For some reason Sir, the spy cameras were shut down at that very night. In fact, not only the spy cameras but also all the other security defences. We were very sure we set them up, just like every night. But we don’t know how in the world they got switched off!

Army Leader-!... only someone who has been in here already would have that kind of know-how…could it be “him”?...

Soldier- ? What do you mean Sir?

Army Leader- If it is…then the Korean society may be up against its worst threat yet…