Chapter 11- Plan A

At Least I'll Always Have You

 

Na Hyun- If it’s too dangerous, if it can’t be helped, I’ll put up with staying away from Yo Seob. I’ll do it, because I love him.

Yo Seob- Na Hyun…

Na Hyun- It’s ok (sorrowful smile) I’ll have you in my heart always; I don’t even need to see you. So just go away; don’t get near me. You can come inside now Gi Kwang Oppa.

Gi kwang- Not if I have to go in alone. You don’t know how hard it was to drag this guy here! ^^ And I’m serious. I really won’t come in if this guy isn’t coming with me.

Na Hyun- Then I’m sorry; but I can’t risk his safety… not again.

-Na Hyun closes the door-

Na Hyun- In fact Gi Kwang Oppa, now that I think about it, you’re safety might be in danger too; you and all the others…Just being seen with me could put you in front of death, just like what happened to Yo Seob… Thanks for all your plans to help and take care of me but maybe I… I shouldn’t come out of this house anymore… I don’t want to endanger anyone.

Gi kwang- Ya! Don’t say things like that!

Gi Kwang- Hey you! This is your girl here! You should be the one comforting her!

Yo Seob- It’s over Gi Kwang…I’m going home.

-Just as Yo Seob turns around to leave, Gi Kwang takes hold of his arm.-

Gi Kwang- Ya! How could you do this? Do you have any idea what she’s been through? She doesn’t even have a father right now!

Yo Seob- !? What do you mean by that?

Gi Kwang- Jun Hyung’s missing. The Army leader took her dad thinking that Jun Hyung was with him. But since Jun Hyung wasn’t, the Army leader made a deal: If Na Hyun finds Jun Hyung first, she can trade him for her dad. But if the army finds Jun Hyung first, she’s getting no one back. She’ll be living alone.

Yo Seob- ! I-I…I didn’t know…

Gi Kwang- So is this how it’s gonna be? Are you going to leave her in painful solitude? Or will you spend this one night, even just this one night and I won’t ask of anything else, to show her you still care? 

If it’s not her dad or Jun Hyung,… I think she’d really appreciate it if it were YOU who’d bring the smile back on her face.

Gi Kwang- After all, just because you broke up, doesn’t mean you can’t still be friends. You guys were best friends before, right? Before she became your girlfriend?

Yo Seob-…yeah… but… you heard her, didn’t you? She told me to go away… what if she doesn’t want to be with me anymore?

Gi Kwang- (T_T) Well, you started it; you’ve convinced her that loving you means letting you go. So, go fix the situation.

 -Yo Seob slowly walks towards Na Hyun’s door, trembling with nervousness and discomfort. He does love her… and he feels terrible that such misfortune has come to her life… but could things really go well tonight?-

-KNOCK KNOCK-

Yo Seob- Ya… Na Hyun. Please let me and Gi Kwang in. We… we’ll take care of you tonight.

Na Hyun- Go take care of yourself…I don’t need your help; leave me as you please. As for Gi Kwang Oppa, thanks but I don’t think it safe to be near me. Please leave now; we don’t know if the Army Leader’s watching.

Gi Kwang- C’mon Na Hyun… the guy’s probably too busy looking for Jun Hyung. And… Yo Seob is on his knees begging at your door, isn’t that enough?

Yo Seob- What are you talking about? No, I’m not.

Gi Kwang- (-_-) Nice dude; that was our only way in. Don’t you know how to warm up to a lady? You’re quite bad at this.

Yo Seob- (sarcasm) Oh, I’m sorry; in case you’ve forgotten, we broke up. (T_T) It’s hard to warm up to her since it’s only been 2 days since that accursed day! I still feel slight discomfort!

Gi Kwang- (whispers) But I thought you said you still love her!

Yo Seob- (whispers) I know what I said! (speaks normally) But despite that, things are complicated in this relationship… (T_T) I’m not even supposed to be here, remember? If my parents find out, they’ll never let me out of the house without someone following me around… But… I’m here already… So, whether you like it or not Na Hyun, I’m going to help Gi Kwang take care of you, just for tonight.  So, you better let us in ^^

Gi Kwang- That’s the spirit ^o^

Na Hyun- (He… (a smile slowly appears) still cares for me?...!.. but (thinks seriously)… it’s still a risk to have him near… One night could change everything; I won’t know if tomorrow will be a safe day for him or for Gi Kwang Oppa…) Sorry but I really can’t let you guys in, it’s too dangerous to be with me. But… thanks for wanting to care for me… in the same way, I also want you guys to be safe so I can’t let you in.

-No reply-

Na Hyun- ?? Guys, are you still there?

-BEEP-

-Na Hyun receives a text message from Gi Kwang: “Na Hyun-sshi, Yo Seob and I knew that you still wouldn’t let us in so… we’re coming in through the kitchen window ^^”-

Na Hyun- ! (Oops… I remembered to lock all the doors, but forgot to close the kitchen window… (-_-) how come that’s the only window I forgot to close? Weird.)

-Suddenly, Yo Seob and Gi kwang appear in the living room where Na Hyun is-

Gi Kwang- So, you guys ready for dinner? Unfortunately, since I only knew we’d be doing this today I only have ramen for the 3 of us. I hope that’s okay with you guys^^ If you’re wondering where I got these, I was supposed to eat them all today- breakfast, lunch, dinner^^

-Yo Seob and Na Hyun look at Gi Kwang with a questioning face as if saying “You mean you didn’t eat anything the whole day?” Gi Kwang understood their looks perfectly-

Gi Kwang- But I didn’t feel like having ramen anymore, so I just ate kimchi, hehe :> It’s a good thing too, or else we’d be hungry tonight.

Yo Seob- Yeah… (looks at Na Hyun and talks in a nervous tone)… Sorry I didn’t bring any food; (looks at Gi Kwang sharply) Gi Kwang surprisingly invited me here without making me aware of the situation until we reached the door. (flashes a shy smile at her) Let’s just act how we did before we became boyfriend-girlfriend: when we were best friends ^^ Alright? Just for one night; let’s pretend nothing ever happened between us and just chill with each other the way we used to.

Na Hyun- (shyly replies)… ok.

-In the dining room-

Gi Kwang- (Hmm… I think using Plan A will be effective tonight^^) Ya, Yo Seob. Can I talk to you for a sec?

Yo Seob- Sure.

-Takes him out of the room while Na Hyun waits for the ramen to boil-

Gi Kwang- You still seem uncomfortable being around her. You say “let’s pretend to be best friends again” but you yourself can’t do it.

Yo Seob- Mianhe (sorry)… I’m trying my best not to get too attached to her, but I don’t think I can act as if we’re just friends… I act the way an ex does… I still care a bit… but I’ll keep trying to just be her friend. Besides, I’ll only be with her for this one night. After that, I can forget all about her…

Gi Kwang- (T.T) (Yeah, right; what makes you think you can do that? Say that to my face when you change your phone’s password and wallpaper. Anyway, on with plan A!^^) Well… since you plan to forget about her anyway… I guess you won’t mind if I give her a shot^^

Yo Seob- (O.O) HUH?

Gi Kwang- You know what I mean ^^ Na Hyun needs someone to take care of her; (T_T) someone who doesn’t have parent issues.

Yo Seob- (-_-;)

Gi Kwang- So, I figured I’d be perfect for the job. I’ve actually been waiting for this opportunity; for you guys to break up^^ I’ve always thought she was cute and that I could treat her way better than you can; a 2-month relationship isn’t very long, is it? Hehe^^; bet I can make her love me just as much as she loves you, maybe even more than how she loves you.

Yo Seob- (O.O) EH? (Is he serious?) Uh, Gi Kwang…

Gi Kwang- I’ve never told you that I secretly liked her because we’re buddies, and you got to her first. But since you broke up with her, and even though the guys and I kept telling you to get back with her you still won’t, it’s settled then!^^ I should start hitting on her tonight; the perfect time. No father, no Jun Hyung, broke up with Yo Seob, then Gi Kwang comes to the rescue!

Yo Seob- (annoyed) Listen, Gi Kwang…

Gi Kwang- Hmm… I guess I shouldn’t have invited you here. You can leave if you want to^^ That way, only Na Hyun and I will be here.

Yo Seob- (annoyed) Ya! Listen to me! Are you serious? You drag me here, force me to take care of her, get me in a house through a window, and now that I’m here and cooperating, you’re telling me to get lost!? So YOU can catch her on the rebound?

Gi Kwang- Yes^_^ (Fudge; this is so much fun. I should fool around like this all the time^^ He’s so mad at me; I’m gonna enjoy tonight^^) It’s ok; I can take care of Na Hyun from here. Bye Yo Seob^^ Shoo away now.

Yo Seob- (-_-) (pissed off) What on earth makes you think I’ll leave NOW? I may still be uncomfortable near her because it’s deliberately against my parents to even think of her, but no way I’d leave you 2 alone!

Gi Kwang- LOL!!!^^ I thought you said you’d forget about her anyway!

Yo Seob- (annoyed) I know! But… AAAGGHH! (Annoyed) You know I still love her! Why would you do this to me if you know I still love her?

Gi Kwang- Because you don’t know how to love! Love her tonight and forget her tomorrow?

Yo Seob- (T.T) I’m not like that!

Gi Kwang- (rolls his eyes) Whatever^^

-Gi Kwang cuts the conversation by going into the dining room where Na Hyun is. Yo Seob is left freaking annoyed by what Gi Kwang said; he never expected Gi Kwang to say something like that. So what’s he gonna do? It’s true that he can’t be with Na Hyun, his parents won’t approve of that; but it’s also true that he still loves her, and though they broke up already, he can’t stand hearing that she might end up with another guy; even if that guy is his friend Gi Kwang. What’s he gonna do now? If he sees Gi Kwang hitting on Na Hyun, it’s gonna drive him crazy! But if he leaves them alone, it’ll still drive him crazy! What’s a poor guy to do? Finally, he decides to stay; at least he’ll be able keep watch over Gi Kwang if he stays around-

-Yo Seob enters the dining room just in time: the ramen were ready-

Na Hyun- Ok; let’s eat.

Gi Kwang- Na Hyun-sshi, can I sit next to you?

Na Hyun- Sure.

-Gi Kwang sits on the chair on her left, while Yo Seob decides to sit on the side opposite them to keep his distance from Na Hyun; even if he wants to sit closer to her, he can’t get too attached. He looks at Gi Kwang with a raised brow; as if saying “You really gonna hit on her with me around?” Gi Kwang’s naughty grin answers back “Duh. Afraid I’ll steal her away from you? Oh yeah; you guys already broke up^^” Once again, Gi Kwang successfully irks Yo Seob to the maximum level. So the war begins^^-

Gi Kwang- Here Na Hyun; I’ll open your ramen for you (opens ramen).

Na Hyun- Thanks Gi Kwang Oppa.

Gi Kwang- I don’t want you to call me Gi Kwang anymore^^ Give me a cute nickname like you gave to Yo Seob when you 2 were together.

Na Hyun- ! Hehe^^ Why?

Gi Kwang- Nothing; I like it. “Seobie”, right? I want one too^^

Yo Seob- (T_T)…

Na Hyun- Ok then. Hmm… how about Gigi! Hahaha^^

Gi Kwang- EH? Why’d you make me a girl!?

Na Hyun- No reason; I’ll call you Gigi Onii from now on^^

Gi Kwang- Michyeo! (crazy!) (Messes up Na hyun’s hair)

Na Hyun- Heehee^^

Yo Seob- (T_T)…

-Gi Kwang goes into the kitchen and comes back with a big bowl-

Na Hyun- what’s that for?

-Gi Kwang pours his and Na Hyun’s ramen into the bowl-

Gi Kwang- Let’s eat together^^ I’ll feed you.

Na Hyun- ! (BLUSH)

Yo Seob- (O.O) (he wouldn’t dare!)

Gi Kwang- Say Ah (tries to feed Na Hyun)

Na Hyun- (blushing) No, it’s ok; I can do it myself (moves her head farther from Gi Kwang)

Gi Kwang- Hurry; the noodles will fall! (Noodles slipping from the chopsticks)

Na Hyun- Oh, alright^^ (Na Hyun eats the noodles)

Gi Kwang- Hahaha^^ 

My turn; you feed me now.

Yo Seob- (O.O)!

Na Hyun- ! No; haha, are you crazy? (turns redder)

Gi Kwang- Not fair; you gave me a girly nickname and now refuse to feed me? Don’t you appreciate me?

Na Hyun- Silly; of course I appreciate you.

Gi Kwang- Then feed me (uses puppy dog eyes) Jebal? (Please?)

Na Hyun- Hahaha! You’ve really lost it!

Gi Kwang- Pleazy-weazy extra cheezy?

Na Hyun- (O.O) HAHAHAHA^^! What in the world? Ok; I give in! Say ah (feeds Gi Kwang)

Gi Kwang- (eats) hehe^^ Delicious.

Yo Seob- (Gi Kwang, I will seriously kill you…)

-Dinner went on with Gi Kwang and Na Hyun feeding each other, while Yo Seob can’t even eat watching as the 2 enjoy each other’s company. It’s clear- Na Hyun forgot he was there sitting at the same table; all she could see was Gi Kwang, Yo Seob thought. When the 2 were done eating, that was the only time Na Hyun noticed Yo Seob hadn’t even taken a bite-

Na Hyun- ?? How come you didn’t eat Yo Seob?

Yo Seob- Huh?... Oh… I’m not hungry.

Gi Kwang- Oh really? (smiles) (this is a good opportunity^^) Na Hyun-sshi, why don’t you feed him too?

Yo Seob- (O.O)

Na Hyun- Sure. (sits next to Yo Seob) It’s the least I can do for his helping out in taking care of me.

Yo Seob- No thanks; I don’t need you to…

-At that moment, Yo Seob was paused as he gazed into the tranquillity that were Na Hyun’s eyes. How long has it been? To be this near her? And to stare straight into those Hazel eyes… could there be a more peaceful place than where he is right now?-

Na Hyun- Say ah (tries to feed Yo Seob)

-Yo Seob eats up; not taking his eyes away from Na Hyun’s. It’s as if a spell was cast; he felt so relieved and relaxed. He didn’t speak a word; indulging in the silence of his addiction: he knew that getting near Na Hyun would arouse his feelings of wanting to care for her again; and now it’s too late. Finally, Yo Seob finished eating the ramen-

Na Hyun- Ok^^ All done

Yo Seob- ! (Back to reality)… thanks (blushes a little)…

Gi Kwang- (I bet he wishes there was another cup of ramen^^ Anyway, it seems that the plan is working well. I have at least aroused his feelings for Na Hyun again; now it’s time to provoke him some more^^) Ya, Na Hyun-sshi, let’s go to the living room.

Na Hyun- Alright Gigi Onii^^

Gi Kwang- (-_-) If you call me that in public, I don’t know what I’m gonna do.

-The 3 go to the living room-

Gi Kwang- It’s still too early to go to sleep. Perfect timing; I need help with homework (^^;) Could you help me Na Hyun-sshi? I at Science.

 Na Hyun- Ok. (sits next to Gi Kwang)

Gi Kwang- Hmm… the topic is the human body. It says eating healthy and daily exercise is important for the body’s development. Find a person who will examine your body and tell you whether or not you have a good diet and exercise habit. Ask that person to write his or her observation on your notebook. Is that ok with you Na Hyun-sshi?

Na Hyun- Sure Gigi Onii^^

Gi Kwang- Ok, that’s it; give me a guy nickname!^^

Na Hyun- What if I don’t want to?

Gi Kwang- I’ll tickle you! (Starts to tickle Na Hyun)

Na Hyun- Hahaha! Stop! Stop! Gi Kwang Oppa!

Yo Seob- (annoyed)(T.T)(You confuse me Gi Kwang: you say you want Na Hyun and you’re provoking me like this, but you had her feed me a while ago. What’s your real deal?)

Na Hyun- Ok! Ok! Hahaha! I’ll change your nickname!

Gi Kwang- (stops tickling) it’s about time^^

Na Hyun-Hmm... (thinks hard)...Ah! How about AJ?

Gi Kwang- AJ? I like it^^ You took it from that solo artist who later on joined B2st, didn’t you?

Na Hyun- Yup^^ Fits you perfectly.

Gi Kwang- Speaking of perfect, time for you to examine my body:

Na Hyun, Yo Seob- (O.O)…

Gi Kwang- Well, how is it?

Na Hyun- (Blush) It’s…it’s… You’ve been taking good care of it^^

Gi Kwang- Aww; is that all you’re gonna write on my notebook? Not even “He’s so y” or “I want to touch his abs”?

Na Hyun- Hahaha!^^ Crazy AJ Oppa.

Gi Kwang- All this can be yours if you make me your boyfriend; hahaha!^^ C’mon, you know you want me! I know you want me! Because I’m too y for my shirt! Hahaha!

Na Hyun- Hahaha! AJ Oppa!

Yo Seob- (T.T) (Why did Gi Kwang have to be y and funny at the same time?... compared to him, I’m…pathetic…)

Gi Kwang- Do you want a hug Na Hyun? So you can feel my abs and muscles?^^

Yo Seob- (O.O) (angry) You better not hug her! Why don’t you hug me instead?! So I can punch you!

Gi Kwang- Hehe^^ Whoah; cool it down boy! I was just kidding! (pulls down shirt)

Na Hyun- Yeah Yo Seob; he’s just kidding around^^ And besides, there’s no way I’d hug AJ Oppa with his shirt up; no way!^^

Yo Seob- (-_-) Stop calling him AJ…

Na Hyun- Why?

Yo Seob- I just don’t want you to…

Gi Kwang- She can call me whatever she wants; you’re not her boyfriend anymore, remember?

Yo Seob- ! (pissed off) Take that back!

Gi Kwang- Why!? ‘Cause it’s true!?

Gi Kwang- You can’t make me; after all, I’m stating a fact aren’t I? Stop living in fiction.

Yo Seob- (T.T) You got that from one of B2st’s albums.

Gi Kwang- Whatever^^ You’re not Na Hyun’s boyfriend anymore, so stop bossing her around.

Yo Seob- I’m not bossing her around; I just don’t want her to call you AJ…

Gi Kwang- Because you miss being called Seobie?

Na Hyun- (O.O)!

Yo Seob- (O.O)! I never said that! 

Gi Kwang- You don’t need to; it’s written all over your face.

Yo Seob- (irritated) C’mon dude! You know it’s still hard for me to get over her! You know about the phone password and wallpaper, so how could you just walk up to my face and tell me you want her as your girlfriend?

Na Hyun- (O.O)?? Girlfriend? Password and wallpaper?

Gi Kwang- (Tricking time^^) 

Gi Kwang- Huh?? Me?? What are you talking about Yo Seob? I SAID NO SUCH THING!

Yo Seob- (O.O)! HUH!? (irritated) Then just what were you talking about a while ago? Saying things like you’ve been waiting for us to break up and you’d come to her rescue?

Gi Kwang- I’m so sorry Na Hyun; looks like Yo Seob has completely lost it^^ I don’t know what he’s talking about.

Yo Seob- (O.O)! (confused) WHAT!? GAAAHHH!! YOU’RE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

-Yo Seob walks out of the house-

Na Hyun- (??) (What’s going on around here? I can’t understand anything!)