Chapter 6- What is love?

At Least I'll Always Have You

 

-Na Hyun wakes up from her nightmare-

Na Hyun- (looks at Jun Hyung lying motionless on her bed) ... did your soul really talk to me in that dream, Jun Hyung?...

-The sun rises. It was morning now; the last 24 hours with Jun Hyung. Prof. Woo enters-

Prof. Woo- Good morning Na Hyun.

Na Hyun- It doesn’t feel like a good one, appa (father).

Prof. Woo- (deep sigh) I know what you mean... anyway, let’s make the most out of this final day with Jun Hyung. You go and take a bath, breakfast is on the table. While you’re doing that, I’ll bring Jun Hyung into the lab and revive him.

-later on, Na Hyun waits for Prof. Woo before eating.-

Na Hyun- (thinks to herself) ...so this is it, huh?... the last day... I wonder if it really was him talking to me in my dream... I could have just dreamt that because I was thinking too much...

-In One of South Korea’s Army Bases-

Soldier- Sir, the computer has detected the activitation of the army robot Proffesor Woo was hiding from us. The location is exactly his house. No doubt about it, you were right all along Sir. But tell me, how come we’ve onlt detected it now?

Army Leader- That is because it has only been reset to it’s original setting now. For the past months, it has been modified by Professor Woo’s programing that made it undetected by the computer. But now, (evil smile) since he decided to re-activate the robot, I trust that everything is going as planned. And I only have you to thank my dear boy.-Na Hyun wakes up from her nightmare-

Na Hyun- (looks at Jun Hyung lying motionless on her bed) ... did your soul really talk to me in that dream, Jun Hyung?...

-The sun rises. It was morning now; the last 24 hours with Jun Hyung. Prof. Woo enters-

Prof. Woo- Good morning Na Hyun.

Na Hyun- It doesn’t feel like a good one, appa (father).

Prof. Woo- (deep sigh) I know what you mean... anyway, let’s make the most out of this final day with Jun Hyung. You go and take a bath, breakfast is on the table. While you’re doing that, I’ll bring Jun Hyung into the lab and revive him.

-later on, Na Hyun waits for Prof. Woo before eating.-

Na Hyun- (thinks to herself) ...so this is it, huh?... the last day... I wonder if it really was him talking to me in my dream... I could have just dreamt that because I was thinking too much...

-In One of South Korea’s Army Bases-

Soldier- Sir, the computer has detected the activitation of the army robot Proffesor Woo was hiding from us. The location is exactly his house. No doubt about it, you were right all along Sir. But tell me, how come we’ve onlt detected it now?

Army Leader- That is because it has only been reset to it’s original setting now. For the past months, it has been modified by Professor Woo’s programing that made it undetected by the computer. But now, (evil smile) since he decided to re-activate the robot, I trust that everything is going as planned. And I only have you to thank my dear boy.

...

 

-Prof. Woo enters with Jun Hyung following behind-

 

Na Hyun- ! Jun Hyung?

Jun Hyung-...

Prof. Woo- Well, he’s as good as new. But as I’ve said, he is back to his original setting. He doesn’t know who Jun Hyung is or who we are.

Na Hyun- So, what do I call him since he doesn’t respond to Jun Hyung?

Prof. Woo- He is an army robot, therefore he recognizes himself as A.R.#1 being that he is the first of his kind to be created.

Na Hyun- Oh...I...don’t think I’ll get used to that.

Prof. Woo- Well, anyway, after eating breakfast go and bring him wherever you like.

Na Hyun- Thanks Appa...(but... could I really enjoy my time with him when he’s like this?...he doesn’t even know who I am...)

-After Breakfast, Na Hyun takes Jun Hyung for a walk-

Na Hyun-... So... A.R.#1, where do you want to go today? It’s more or less going to be our last day together.

Jun Hyung- ...Who are you again?

Na Hyun-...I’m Na Hyun. We’re best friends. I’m your chin goo (friend).

Jun Hyung-... Chin goo? That word is not in my database. Please tell me more of this word.

Na Hyun- (annoyed)..Never mind that. Can you just tell me where you want to go?

Jun Hyung- I must go to only one place: The Army. It is where I belong; where I was born to be. Prof. Woo said I will be enlisted in the army tomorrow. That is my destiny.

Na Hyun- ...(wasn’t your destiny before...) (smile) (I still remember how you used to tell me that your destiny was with Girl’s Generation..) (sad face) Well, since you don’t have any plans made, I guess we’ll just go to places I’ll choose, ok?

Jun Hyung- Affirmative. My current duty to the Professor is to accompany you wherever you go.

Na Hyun- (Duty? We’re supposed to be hanging-out! Having fun...)

 

We’re not even apart yet and I already miss you...how you used to be..

-Na Hyun brought Jun Hyung to music shops, restaurants and karaoke places but since Jun Hyung doesn’t sing, listen to music, look at K pop posters or eat anymore, it was no fun at all. At the end of the day, she brought him to an old playground. When Jun Hyung still had emotions, he and Na Hyun would go here and take turns pushing each other on the swing, then later on play tag. This is also the place where she and Yo Seob usually have their dates. -

-Na Hyun and Jun Hyung sit on the swing-

Na Hyun- (looks at the sky with a deep sigh, remembering old times with Jun Hyung) (What can I do to make you stay without risking the life of someone I also love? Surely if appa (father) can turn you back into an army robot, he can also make you emotional again...) (looks at Jun Hyung)

(..but...my poor Seobie.)

Jun Hyung- Yes, Na Hyun?

Na Hyun- Eobseo (nothing).

Jun Hyung- We have 35 minutes and 45 seconds until dinner. We must head back now, or the professor will be very worried.

Na Hyun-...but if we go back now, dinner will be finished and next thing you know it’ll be time to sleep. After that, the sun will rise and you’ll be taken away to the army...

Jun Hyung- confirmatory; that is my life’s destination.

Na Hyun- (mad) could you stop saying that? your so-called “life’s destination” was only decided last night! Your life’s destination or in other words, your dream, was to be able to go on stage while Girl’s Generation is performing and there ask for autographs!

Jun Hyung- What is Girl’s Generation? A feminist movement? Or is it a Guerilla movement by females?

Na Hyun- Huh? what are you saying?! It’s a girl band!

Jun Hyung- What is a girl band? That is not stored in my database.

Na Hyun- (-_-)forget it, just forget it.Let’s go home.

-Na Hyun’s house-

Prof. Woo- So Na Hyun and A.R.#1, how was your day?

Na Hyun- (annoyed) This tin can is hard to be with (-_-)... by the way, your identity’s a lie. YOUR NAME IS JUN HYUNG!

Jun Hyung- Mm? what is a Jun Hyung? I am A.R. #1.

Na Hyun- (T_T)...

Prof. Woo- Hehe^^

-Bed time-

Na Hyun- (still annoyed).. Hey robot, how do guys like you sleep anyway?

Jun Hyung- We don’t. We are awake all the time.

Na Hyun- Don’t you run out of batteries or something?

Jun Hyung- I will; but I’m part solar powered and if I run out of energy, I can be charged. Prof. Woo will give my charger to the army leader tomorrow.

Na Hyun- Oh... so you really won’t be sleeping?

Jun Hyung- Affirmative.

Na Hyun- Ok...then I’ll stay up with you. After all, we won’t see each other anymore after tonight.

Jun Hyung- That’s a negative. You humans must sleep.

Na Hyun- Ani (no). I will stay up with you whether you like it or not. Actually...I’m still annoyed since you don’t remember all we’ve done together and how we enjoyed each other’s company...But...you know what? Even though you don’t have feelings for me anymore, I just want you to know, if you were human, and if Seobie wasn’t my namja chin goo (boy friend), ....I’m sure it would be you.

Jun Hyung- What is namja chin goo? That is not in my...

Na Hyun- not in your database. I got it.

Jun Hyung- Go to sleep now. Good night.

Na Hyun- Hey! Don’t finish our conversation!

Jun Hyung- Good Night^^

Na Hyun- Hey! ^^ !!(hey...)

(He’s smiling... I think I must’ve activitated his emotional program. Just the happy emotion, but I’m alright with that. :) )

Na Hyun- Keke (haha)^^ It’s just too bad I can’t reach your memories, huh Jun Hyung?^^

Jun Hyung- Mm? What was that?

Na Hyun- Nothing. I will miss you A.R.#1. I’ll go to sleep; but one condition.

Jun Hyung- Ne(yes)?

Na Hyun- Hug me good night^^

Jun Hyung- What is a hug?

Na Hyun- Never mind; I’ll just hug you myself.

 

Jun Hyung- so this is a hug...how long does it last?

Na Hyun- For as long as you like.

Jun Hyung- Ok...why do humans do this?

Na Hyun- Enough with the questions^^ I’m going to sleep now.

Jun Hyung- Ok. Good night.        

Na Hyun- Good Night...I love you as an oppa (big brother); Don’t forget it ^^

Jun Hyung- Love? What is love?

Na Hyun- Love is a tingly feeling you get^^ You express this feeling to God, friends, family, and your life partner. Though I guess you can’t feel any tingles cause you’re not human.

Jun Hyung- (@.@) You have such a wide range of vocabulary. I don’t know half of anything you said today: Boy friend, girl band, love, hug. I’ll store their meanings in my database. You said something earlier about being my chin goo, right? Show me what love is since I don’t know the application of your definition.

Na Hyun- ! (*_*) Show you what love is? ... Good night.

Jun Hyung- ! Wae (why)?? Na Hyun, wake up! I still don’t get it! What is love? You said it is expressed towards family and friends! Why can’t you tell me!?

Na Hyun- ^^ (giggle).