Chapter 10- No change

At Least I'll Always Have You

 

Army Leader- If it is…then the Korean society may be up against its worst threat yet…

-Doo Joon, Dong Woon and Gi Kwang meet up with Na Hyun and Hyun Seung in the canteen-

Doo Joon- Feeling better?

Na Hyun- Ne (yes). Go ma weo (thanks) for the food Hyun Seung Oppa.

Hyun Seung- It’s nothing, really.

Dong Woon- I don’t think you should be left alone in your house Na Hyun-sshi. How can you take care of yourself?

Na Hyun- Aww ^^ It’s so nice of you to worry Dong Woon Oppa. Thank you; but I’ll be ok.

Gi Kwang- No, I think Dong Woon has a point. Who will protect you without a man in the house?

Na Hyun- I’ll be fine; don’t worry about me.

Hyun Seung- I’m afraid it’s too risky for you to live alone Na Hyun. You have to understand that.

Na Hyun-…(deep sigh)…I guess you guys are right. I just don’t want to trouble you guys. You’re already helping me get back with Yo Seob; I don’t want to ask of so much.

Doo Joon- Hehe^^(pats Na Hyun) Don’t you see we all WANT to help? It’s very ok with us; taking care of you is another exciting page added to our boring lives^^ We feel like we’re in some kind of fictional story ^_^

Dong Woon- Yeah. We’re also doing this for Yo Seob hyung.We’re sure he can’t live without you; he’s just being stubborn.

Gi Kwang- So, how do we make sure Na Hyun’s safe?

-The guys start thinking-

Dong Woon-…! My parents will be out on a business trip starting tomorrow. They’ll be gone for at least 3 weeks. Why don’t I take care of Na Hyun?

Hyun Seung- Hmm… sounds good to me. What do you guys think?

Gi Kwang- Seems ok. Then when the 3 weeks are up, anyone else who’s free can take Dong Woon’s place.

Doo Joon- Would you like that Na Hyun?

Na Hyun- Yes; of course ^o^

Dong Woon- But who will stay with Na Hyun-sshi tonight?

-The guys think-

Gi Kwang-! I have an idea! I know exactly who.

Na Hyun- Who?

Gi Kwang- That will be a surprise for you

Na Hyun- Ok?...

Other guys- ??

-Dismissal-

Gi Kwang- You go on ahead to your place Na Hyun-sshi. We’ll be going somewhere first. We’ll see you tonight; make sure to lock your doors, ok?

Na Hyun- Ok. Bye ^^

-Na Hyun leaves-

Doo Joon- So who is it Gi Kwang? We’ve talked to each other and none of us are free tonight.

Hyun Seung- is it you?

Gi Kwang- Yeah; I’ve already asked permission from my parents. I told them I’m going to a guy’s house ^^ But I didn’t necessarily lie because (dials a number on his celphone) someone special is coming along too (grin).

-RING RING-

Yo Seob- Nuguseyo? (Hello?/Who’s this?)

Gi Kwang- Hey there Yo Seob!

Yo Seob- Wah! Gi Kwang! What’s up bro?

Gi Kwang- You free right now and tonight?

Yo Seob- I think so. Why?

Gi Kwang- I’m inviting you to a sleep over.

Dong Woon- Heehee^_^ Sleep-over ^^

-Doo Joon and Hyun Seung hit Dong Woon-

Doo Joon- (Keep it down Dong Woon)

Hyun Seung- (SHHH)

Dong Woon- (hehehe^^)

Gi Kwang- So, how about it?

Yo Seob- Will the sleep over beat your house?

Gi Kwang- Uhh…It’s going to be at the house of a friend of mine. I want you to meet him and we’ll hang-out at the sleep-over. But before going to his house, we’ll be going to our usual hang-out.

Yo Seob- You mean your uncle’s dance practice place?

Gi Kwang- Yeah.

Yo Seob- Oh, ok. Where do we meet?

Gi Kwang- I’ll be waiting here in school. Do you still remember where?

Yo Seob- yeah, I got it. After all, I’ve only been in my new school for 2 days. I still remember where my old school is.

Gi Kwang- Great. The gang’s all here: Doo Joon, Hyun Seung and Dong Woon are also waiting for you. They’re joining the dance session but they’re not coming with us to the sleep-over. They’re all busy.

Yo Seob- All right then. I’ll tell my parents about it. I’ll text you the reply and meet you there if I’m allowed.

Gi Kwang- Ok. Bye.

-Puts down the celphone-

Doo Joon- I can’t believe you actually called Yo Seob.

Hyun Seung- Is that really a good idea? It’s only been 2 days since he and Na Hyun-sshi broke up.

Gi Kwang- Exactly. ^^ I’ll be playing around tonight.

Dong Woon- What do you mean Gi Kwang hyung?

Gi Kwang- I’ll pretend to have a crush on Na Hyun ^_^

All- (O.O)(SHOCK)!!

Gi Kwang- I’ll show Yo Seob how to handle a lady (wink), hehe. Enough to make him jealous and want to forget he and Na Hyun ever broke up. That’s plan A.

Doo Joon- Plan A?

Hyun Seung- What’s plan B?

Gi Kwang- If he has completely put his feelings for Na Hyun aside, I can’t do plan A. He’ll just ignore it. Plan B is talking to him sincerely; a man-to-man talk regarding his decisions with Na Hyun. I’m sure the wound in his heart is just as fresh as Na Hyun’s, since it’s only been 2 days after the break up. I have to try and heal that wound before it dries up. We all have to.

Dong Woon- What do you mean?

Gi Kwang- If the wound dries up, that means Yo Seob has really gotten over Na Hyun and any plan to get back with her will never cross his mind because he’s over her. If we try to heal the wound while it’s still fresh, while he still has feelingsfor her, there’s a bigger chance to patch up the wound, meaning to get them back together.

-Later on Yo Seob texts Gi kwang: His parents had allowed him. He then meets them at the school-

Yo Seob- Hey guys ^^

-The guys hug Yo Seob-

Doo Joon- Hey there shorty (teasing face). How’s it been?

Yo Seob- It’s been fine; still adjusting to the new school schedule, that’s all. Everything else is basically the same.

Gi Kwang- Let’s get going guys. Let’s just talk while walking.

-Walking-

Yo Seob- Wah! (STRETCHES) MAN! It’s been a while since we went dancing ^o^ I can’t wait to get on the floor.

Doo Joon- Hehe. Can you really dance comfortably after what happened?

Yo Seob- Hmm? Why? What happened?

Hyun Seung- Didn’t you break up with Na Hyun-sshi?

Yo Seob- !(Yo Seob starts to speak seriously) ... y-yeah…

Doo Joon- Why didn’t you tell us?

Yo Seob- Well…it’s not really something fun to share…So, how’d you guys find out?

Gi Kwang- The moment she didn’t say “Seobie” when referring to you. I asked why and that’s how I found out. I told the guys about it.

Yo Seob- Oh…H-how has she been?

Other guys- (O.O)

Dong Woon- Why are you asking that Yo Seob hyung? I though you said you guys broke up.

Yo Seob- (annoyed) It’s not that I care or anything… I …just want to know if she’s blaming me or something; if she resulted to making me sound like a bad guy for making her cry. You know that? Maybe she makes up stories around school saying I’m a terrible guy.

Hyun Seung- Yeah right. You’re such a bad liar Yo Seob.

Yo Seob-!! I’m not lying! I really don’t care anymore!

Dong Woon- Oh really? (snatches Yo Seob’s phone and makes a run for it)

Yo Seob- YA!! DONG WOON!

-Dance Practice place-

 

Doo Joon- Is this thing on?

Gi Kwang- Yeah, but I think the camera’s too close.

Doo Joon- Ok, wait a sec. There.

 

Doo Joon- Hello everyone. We’ll be filming our group’s dance number pretty soon. As you can see behind me, Hyun Seung is troubled. Tell us why Hyun Seung.

Hyun Seung- Because Yo Seob won’t admit that he can’t live without his ex-girlfriend. (T.T) The guy’s not a real man! He’s a wimp! Hiding his true feelings for his lady and then acts as though she’s the bad one!

Yo Seob- (still chasing Dong Woon around the place) I can hear everything you’re saying Hyun Seung! If that ever gets out, you’ll be in for it!

Hyun Seung- Oh really? Tell that to my face when you’ve the guts to tell Na Hyun you don’t want her back!

Yo Seob- To all the viewers of this video, don’t believe anything Hyun Seung is saying! He’s crazy!... !? Where’s Dong Woon?

-In one of the rooms-

 

Yo Seob- ! Ya! Give it back Dong Woon!

Dong Woon- ^^ Bet you I know the password.

Yo Seob- ! (O.O) (BLUSH)

Dong Woon- (Types in password) (phone unlocks) See? I told you (^_^)

Yo Seob- (annoyed) Ok, ok. Now give it back.

Gi Kwang- What’s the password Dong Woon?

Yo Seob- (annoyed) Don’t say it!

Dong Woon- What else? The date Na Hyun-sshi became his girlfriend.

Other guys- WOOOOOHHH!

Doo Joon- You heard it live! He still loves her!

Gi Kwang- Poor old man! Bottled up his feelings.

Dong Woon- Don’t even get me started on his wallpaper ^_^

Hyun Seung- Can I see? (runs to the room where Yo Seob, Gi Kwang and Dong Woon are) ! Hey Doo Joon! Bring the camera here!

Doo Joon- Coming! (goes to the room)….! Unbelievable! His wallpaper is a picture of Na Hyun!

Gi Kwang- Talk about getting over her; it’s more like the opposite. There’s no change at all!

Yo Seob- (irritated, snatches phone and walks away)…

Doo Joon- Sorry viewers, Yo Seob’s a little grumpy for now. We’ll be back later.

-After a few minutes-

 

Doo Joon- And we’re back! As you can see, Dong Woon watches attentively as the heart-broken Yo Seob drinks his cup of Chocolate milk to ease his pain. Ironically, his ex-girlfriend also enjoys Chocolate milk. ^^

Yo Seob- (T_T) Stop it please. Just stop it.

Doo Joon- Ok; I will stop teasing him now. We shall start our dance routine^^

 

-After dancing-

Doo Joon- Thank you very much for your participation ^^ This is our rooky group copying B2st’s Shock dance performance. We’ll continue to post more dance practices for you guys to learn them. Today you’ve seen our fun-loving sides as we teased Yo Seob.^^

Hyun Seung- And we sincerely apologize for Yo Seob’s grumpy side.

Gi Kwang- Yeah; we truly apologize for it.

Dong Woon- If Na Hyun is watching this; Yo Seob misses you ^^

Yo Seob- (-_-)…

Doo Joon- Ok; this is our rooky group, signing out.

-Doo Joon shuts off the camera-

Yo Seob- You guys… (annoyed) Can’t you see I’m trying to forget about her? (sits down and looks sadly at the ground)… Why do you guys have to make it so hard?

-The guys look at each other in awkward silence. They then sit down with Yo Seob-

Gi Kwang- You want to know why?Because we’ve just seen no change.

Yo Seob- No change?

Doo Joon- Uh-huh. No change with how you feel towards Na Hyun.

Dong Woon- And no change with how she feels towards you.

Hyun Seung- Why try to forget about her? We all know it’s taking its toll on both of you.

Yo Seob- ... But… my parents. They’re the ones who don’t want me to be with Na Hyun. Even if I do want to be with her, it’s not something I can just decide on my own; my parents have to approve. But they can’t because of… uh… something personal.

Doo Joon- It’s ok dude. We all know about Jun Hyung, the Army Leader and everything else. Na Hyun shared it with Gi Kwang.

Yo Seob- !... Oh… She told you everything?

Gi Kwang- Yup; even the part where she traded Jun Hyung to get you back.

Hyun Seung- Then after that, you broke up with her.

Dong Woon- What an unfair trade.

Yo Seob- !... Hey; I already told you, it’s not me who wanted to let go of her. It’s my parents.

Doo Joon- But did you even fight for your relationship with her? Did you try to save it?

Yo Seob- Well…no…but only because I know that my parents would never make decisions bad for me. Also, because before I loved Na Hyun, I loved my parents first. I think you guys see that if I had to choose between Na Hyun and my parents, I’d obviously go with my parents.

-After putting things that way, Yo Seob’s friends understood his situation. They agreed that although it’s the sad truth, obeying his parents really was the best decision at the time; even though it required the ending of a beautiful relationship with the one he loves -

Gi Kwang- Yeah…good point. God and family always go first. And (smile) I think God’s really proud of the decision you made.

Yo Seob- Thanks.

-all the guys hug Yo Seob-

Doo Joon- You’re such a good boy.

Hyun Seung- It’s really just too bad though… we want to see you and Na Hyun together.

Yo Seob- Sorry; but that won’t be happening anytime soon.

Dong Woon- Well then, doesn’t that ruin the sleep-over plan?

Yo Seob- Hmm? Why? What does that have to do with me and Na Hyun?

-the guys hit Dong Woon-

Dong Woon- Ow…

Gi Kwang-(be more careful Dong Woon)

Hyun Seung- (we can’t let him know yet, he’ll find out later)

Yo Seob- ?? Why’d you guys hit Dong Woon like that?

Doo Joon- Nothing ^^ Let’s go now. You and Gi Kwang have a sleep-over to go to. The 3 of us will be heading home for some of our own matters.

-The group parts ways outside the dance practice place; Gi Kwang and Yo Seob head for Na Hyun’s house. At first Yo Seob didn’t suspect anything, but when he recognized the road and exactly where it leads, he quickly backs off-

Yo Seob- ! Gi Kwang, are you sure we’re in the right place? This road leads to…

Gi kwang- Na Hyun’s house?

Yo Seob- ! (-_-) You planned this didn’t you? Are you telling me her house is where the sleep-over is?

Gi Kwang- C’mon! (drags Yo Seob)

Yo Seob- Ack! (resists) I thought you understood me!

Gi Kwang- (still pulling) I do! But I told Na Hyun I’d bring a surprise someone to her house tonight! If I came alone, that wouldn’t seem so special (T_T) It’d be a disappointing surprise.

-Finally they reach Na Hyun’s house. Gi Kwang knocks, while Yo Seob, not knowing what to do, hides behind Gi Kwang. How awkward it was to show up at his ex’s place just 2 days after they broke up-

-Na Hyun opens the door-

Na Hyun- Gi Kwang^^ So you’re the surprise guy huh? Well you’re right; I didn’t think you’d be the one to stay with me first ^_^ Please come in.

Gi Kwang- Uh, Na Hyun, I’m not the surprise; it’s the guy behind me who’ll be helping me take care of you.

Yo Seob- (T.T) (If my parents find out, I’m gonna kill you Gi Kwang!)

-Gi kwang moves aside and shows Yo Seob-

Gi Kwang- TADAAA! ^^ Do You like the surprise?

-Na Hyun and Yo Seob just stare at each other shocked by the sudden chance of having laid eyes on one another. They felt so awkward… they could even hear the cricket noises because of their awkward silence. Finally…Na Hyun slams the door -

Gi Kwang- (O.O) HUH!? Na Hyun! Let us in!

Na Hyun- No! Are you crazy Gi Kwang Oppa? Bringing him here?

Gi Kwang- Why!? I thought you missed him! Isn’t that what you told me in the ice cream shop? That you love him so much? That you want to get back with him?

Na Hyun-…I do. I do love him so much and I do want to get back with him…that hasn’t changed…no change at all… but… I also want him to be safe; him and his family.

-Na Hyun opens the door and looks Yo Seob straight in the eyes-

Na Hyun- If it’s too dangerous, if it can’t be helped, I’ll put up with staying away from Yo Seob. I’ll do it, because I love him.

Yo Seob- Na Hyun…