The War part 4

At Least I'll Always Have You

 The robots will come get you in 30 minutes, you have until then to make your decision.

-After that line was said, the man disappeared from the scree, and the news report went back to normal.-

Yo Seob- (worried) (That guy… he has Na Hyun?… Jun Hyung… Professor Woo… this is… Just what is this??)

 

-At the thought that Na Hyun has been enduring a broken family… Yo Seob just feels so terrible at the thought of leaving her… he cries silently… to leave his beloved one feeling crushed and alone… and crying on her own…-

 

Yo Seob- (Lord… I can’t leave… not like this… What do I do?)

-Suddenly, Yo Seob receives a call-

Yo Seob- Yobeoseyo? (Hello?)

Prof. Woo- Yo Seob my boy, are you safe?

Yo Seob- Ah! (whispers) Professor Woo! Yes, yes; I’m safe. What about you? What are you going to do about…

Prof. Woo- Yes, I saw the news… I just wanted to make sure that you didn’t get entangled with our family’s problems again like the last time. I’m thankful that you’re safe. Please stay out of harm. I’ll figure this out somehow, don’t worry ^_^ God is with us so everything will be alright. Good bye Yo Seob.

Yo Seob- Professor, wait! … (beep, beep) Professor… hello? …he hung up

Professor Woo was concerned about me… even though I broke up with his daughter to ensure my own safety, he still worried about me… I truly feel that… I can’t leave like this… my friends… and the girl that I loved together with her father… I can’t… Lord, I’m sorry, but just this time… I have to let my parents down…

 

-Suddenly Yo Seob stood up from his seat-

Mr. Yang- What is it Yo Seob?

Mrs. Yang- Is something wrong?

Yo Seob- Omma… Appa (gets on his kness and kneels down with his face to the ground)…

 

I’m sorry… I can’t leave like this… I need to go back and help save Na Hyun and the others.

 

Mr. Yang- (!) What are you saying!? It’s dangerous to go back! Didn’t you see the news?

Mrs. Yang- Yang Yo Seob, there is no way we can let you do that.

 

PLEASE!

Just this once I really need to be there! My friends, to the very end of their lives wanted to make sure I was safe… from the moment we met, they did nothing but support me and care for me. What am I if I can’t be there for them? And Na Hyun… when you told me to break up with her, I did. When you told me to forget about her, I tried. When you said to leave everything behind and start anew, I agreed. I want so much to be the son that you deserve… but (tears up)… not one day did I ever forget her smile… not one day did I ever stop missing her… she who knew that I didn’t mean to break up with her still accepted me wholeheartedly as I am…

Appa… would you leave omma behind if she’s in danger? Would you suddenly disappear from her sight right when she needs you the most?

Because I go crazy and mad at myself when I can’t be beside Na Hyun… when tears stream down her face, I want to be the one to wipe them away… I want to be there… Please… these people are like family to me… even Professor Woo thought about me… what did they ever do for me to leave them like this?

 

-At Yo Seob’s words, everyone in the plane felt sympathy for him… they too had people they would be leaving behind, just for their own safety… Even the pilot and plane staff heard what was going on…-

 

-Mr. Yang and Mrs. Yang kneel down… Mr. Yang puts his hand on Yo Seob’s shoulder-

Mr. Yang- Son… I can never know or understand the intensity of the pain you’re feeling but I know one thing… it must hurt a lot. But Yo Seob, if we did agree, if we let you go back there would you really be of much help?

Mrs. Yang- (ruffles Yo Seob’s hair) That’s right dear. All of us in this plane could wish to help out the people we’re leaving behind, but we’re just ordinary people. We don’t have any abilities or super powers—we’ll just add up to the people in danger. Even more for you—you’re just a kid Yo Seob. What could you do?

-Meanwhile, in the army base-

Professor Woo- The robots will arrive for me in 30 minutes… I have to go with them Sir.

Army Leader- What!? But we need you now more than ever! We need all the help we can get! If we lose you professor, the situation could worsen.

Professor Woo- Listen to me Sir, the best thing right now is to buy you guys some time. He decided to leave us alone for the rest of the day today, and if I go with his robots, another 24 hours will be added to your time. Right now, it is the smartest decision we can make—if I refuse, who would know if his robots start shooting people here? Come, let’s have a meeting. This may actually be a turning point for us; assemble all scientists and generals.

Army Leader- Alright.

-15 minutes later, in the small house on the way to the safe zone-

Doo Joon- Dong Woon, Hyun Seung, how are you guys doing? Better?

Hyun Seung- Yeah…

Dong Woon- better than before, at least.

Gi Kwang- the soldiers said that you won’t be in much condition to fight, so the next time we run into more robots, you two have to run away ok?

-A soldier approached them-

Soldier- Kids, we’ve received a call from the army base. The roads have been cleared—all of the army robots have temporarily evacuated. It seems that the controller of these robots have struck a deal with Professor Woo as well. This is the safest time to get to the safe zone, so we’d better run ok? And also, even though it was said that the robots evacuated, still be alert ok? There’s a bad man controlling all this, so you won’t know when he’ll turn on his word. And don’t worry about Dong Woon and Hyun Seung, some soldiers have volunteered to carry them.

Doo Joon- Thanks you so much.

Soldiers- Alright everyone; let’s ove out!

 

-10 minutes later-

Professor Woo- Is the plan understood?

Yes professor!

Professor Woo- Remember, the lives of our countrymen are in our hands. We absolutely cannot fail.

Army Leader- Alright everyone! Disseminate the plan to your squadrons!

Yes Sir!

-the scientists and generals left-

Army Leader- the plan just might work… but are you sure about pulling kids into this?

Professor Woo- They are more than that… I believe that things will work out. Please take care of them when they arrive ok?

Army Leader- Ok… you too Professor. Take care of yourself. You are the brains behind this operation, so you cannot die, is that clear?

Professor Woo- Crystal clear Sir.

-In the plane-

Yo Seob- You’re right omma… I can’t help on my own because I’m just a kid… but (faces other passengers) what if I’m not alone? What if everyone else joins me too?

Mr. Yang- Yo Seob…

-ring ring-

Yo Seob- (?) Yobeoseyo? (Hello?)

Soldier- hello? Is this Yang Yo Seob?

Yo Seob- Um yes… may I ask who this is?

Soldier- I’m a soldier from the army base, we need your help.

Yo Seob- What!?