Six

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jungkook POV

 

 "That was good Jungkook! All in one take!" I took of my headphones, and smiled at my music teacher's compliment.

 "T-thanks." I said, feeling my cheeks flush red.

 "I'll be sure to add this to your portfolio. Since we got done early, you can have some free time before your next class." He said, typing on his computer.

 "Really? That would be great! Thank you!" I said, smiling and rushing to get my books.

 "No problem Jungkook-ah. Have fun." He said. I clumsly grabbed my bag, and ran from the room. I looked at my watch, which Jimin had bought for me, no big surprise there. '1 and a half hours till Art! I have time to get home for lunch! Maybe Jimin will be home..' I thought, getting to the bus stop. 'I'll pick up something for us to eat together.'

 

Jimin POV

 

 I was still in bed. I remembered the night before, Jungkook had snuck in my room and played video games with me. This happened most nights, and Jungkook has only been living here for about a week. I would always doze off, and when I would wake up the next morning, I either heard him leaving the house to go to class, or in the shower after going to private dance lessons with Hoseok. Always when I woke up, I was tucked comfortably in bed, with a breakfast bar and thermos of coffee on the bedside table. I had no idea if he had slept in the same room as me, because even before he moved in, whenever he would sleep over, I would fall asleep first. There was only one instance where he dozed off first, and I decided to play it a bit risky and curl up next to him. He didn't smell sweaty or dirty, but he smelled earthy, if that makes any sense. I could slowly see his improvement. I was glad, but I was praying to any god that might be out there that he wouldn't end up like Myung's last victim. Her last main target was a closeted bi. At the time I was still in my junior year of highschool, and I was friends with Myung, who was in my year, and Mi-Jee, who was a freshman. Myung's hair was still black at the time, and she wore pink circle lens to contridict Mi-Jee's blue ones. I, as I shamefully admit so, was one of them. I was rich, I held my nose high, and I bullied those who I thought weren't good enough. At the time, I was both closeted and in denial. I didn't want to be attracted to guys, and I felt angry at this boy. I try to forget his name, but it's engraved in my mind. It was Kim Ja-Hoon. He started out as a normal boy, he had a decent amount of friends, had things that he liked to do, and he had a girlfriend. Then they broke up, and she approached me. She said that she broke up with him because he admitted to her that he was biual, and that he had a small crush on me. She gave me money, and she told me to make him pay. I stayed silent for a few weeks, and I spied on him.

 Several times, he made eye contact, and that made me feel woozy inside. I thought at first that it was the guilt that I was going to embarrass this poor kid, but then I started noticing small things about him. The way he walked, the way he slipped half of his hand into his pocket when talking to someone, his smile. I knew that these were the stages of a crush, and I felt awful. I finally had enough, and I gave the info to Myung. She turned almost the whole school against him in a matter of days. He lost friends and respect. People dumped paint on him, trashed his notebooks, and threw papers at him. I remember someone egged me on to fight him, and when I declined, the way he looked at me with such a gratefulness made my knees weak. I was falling for him. Then one day someone drew a bunch of things on his locker, taped razor blades to it, and wrote 'KIll YOURSELF' all over it. Two days later, he was standing on the school rooftop. Everyone was either too shocked to say anything, or were egging him to jump. He shouted that he hoped that everyone was happy, and then he yelled something that I'll never forget. "I love you, Park Jimin!" After he yelled that, I felt like time froze. I ran forward out of instinct, but it was too late. He jumped, and he landed on top of a car. Pieces of broken glass went flying everywhere, and one cut into the side of my neck. It didn't cut super deep, but the blood that spurted out scared me, and I fainted. After that happened, I always blamed myself. I gave that information to Myung. I let it go that far. I was the one who caused him to jump. I went to see a therapist, and eventually my depression went away. But I've never truly forgiven myself. I don't want the same to happen to Jungkook. I want him to live past this. I won't let this happen again. My thoughts were suddenly interuppted my the sound of my room door opening.

 

  "Hyung, I got you some lunch! You must be hungry!" He said, plopping down on my bed. I smiled. "Thanks Jungkook. You're a lifesaver."  He smiled back, and went to turn on the console. 'Please. I want things to be different for Jungkook. I won't give up on him.'

 

(A/N: A little Jimin backstory, and this update is short, because short updates is all I really have time for. I'm sorry, next update will be longer, promise!)