Three

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jungkook POV

 

 I sat quietly on a dark brown couch, clutching my knees to my chest. The house smelled sweet, and it looked clean and crisp. Jimin and Yoongi had brought me here, and they were sitting on either side of me. Yoongi had a hand on my lower back, rubbing it. I could practically feel the weight of Jimin's concerning eyes on me. I heard soft footsteps, and walking in from the bathroom was a different man. He was tall, way taller than Yoongi or Jimin, and he had broad shoulders and caring eyes. He walked slowly over to me and sat on top of the coffee table in front of me. He seemed to gesture for Yoongi to remove his hand from my back, and he placed his hand on my knee. I slowly let go of my knees and sat up.

 "You're Jungkook, right? I'm Kim Seokjin, but you can call me Jin," he said. The only way I could describe his voice is that it was soft, gentle, and warm. I nodded, and I felt the lump in my throat eased slightly. "Jungkook, can you tell me what happened?" Jin looked at me expectantly. I opened my mouth, and let the words fall out.

 "My boss has been using me." I whispered, my voice dry and thick.

 "In what way?" Yoongi suddenly asked, his voice taking a darker tone, which I haven't heard before.

 "I-He's been..every time I up..he just.." My voice broke, and tears began rolling down my cheeks. I raised my hands to my face, trying to hide my shameful tears, but strong hands moved them from my face and just hugged me. 'It smells like eomma..' I thought.

Flashback

 "Eomma! I don't like the smell of appa's shampoo! I wanna use yours again!" I said, pouting.

 "Kookie, you can't use my things forever. You're not always gonna wanna smell like sweet fruits." Eomma said, taking a handful of her shampoo and lathering it into my hair.

 "Yes, I will! I will use sweet smelling shampoos and washes and perfumes!" I stated, crossing my arms defiantly. Eomma laughed.

 "Whatever choices you make, you will always be my sweet little Kookie." Eomma bent forward and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled but pretended to pout.

 "Gross eomma.." I mumbled, but I giggled.

Flashback end

 "He ing him, didn't he?" Yoongi shouted, standing up and pacing around the room.

 "Yoongi, calm down. We'll handle this carefully. You and I are the eldest here, we need to keep our heads straight." Jin said, gently my hair. Yoongi huffed, and sat back down on the couch. Jimin just sat still, his face pale.

 "I'm sorry, but I just met you all, and I haven't done anything to deserve this. I don't deserve this, I ed up, it's my fault." I muttered, pushing away from Jin.

 "Jungkook-ah! This is really serious!" Jimin said, sitting up straight.

 "I don't need your help, you all have been far too kind to me. You don't need to deal with a up like me. You actually have something going for you, a future. You're already famous, you don't need to worry about me." I said, getting up and walking for the door. I felt a hand grab my wrist. I gasped quietly out of surprise.

 "I don't give a about my fame. That doesn't matter. Sure, I've just met you, but I don't want you to fall through the cracks Jungkook. Please, just let me, let us help you." Jimin said, staring into my eyes. One of my hands were on the doorknob, and I slowly let it go.

 "Okay..I'll stay." I said, turning back around. I felt Jimin wrap his arms around me. I slowly melted into the hug and wrapped my arms around him. I stared at his neck and saw a faded scar. I wondered how it got there.

Time Skip 3 weeks

 So, it's been three weeks. What has even happened? For one, I quit my job and made up missed homework. Police have been investigating the diner. Chulsoon had been arrested. I've spent every single day, after leaving the study hall, in either Yoongi's dorm, Taehung's apartment, or Jin's house. It's mostly because now I can just barely pay for rent with the student financial aid, and I can't pay for food, water bills, or electricity. I only go back to my apartment to get clothes, study, or sleep. And by sleep, I mean breaking down and crying. When I go to other's homes, I can just barely escape the thought that everything in my life is going downhill. I do whatever I can to distract myself, cooking with Jin, hanging out with Tae and his boyfriend Hoseok at the dance studio, at the gym with Jimin, or just hanging out at Jin's house in one big group watching cheesy horror films, which just happens to be what we are doing right now.

 "Ah, ing ! What the actual hell?" Hoseok asked, basically pressed right up against Tae.

 "Oh be quiet Hobi, it's obvious that it's special effects." Tae says, shoving a handful of popcorn into his mouth. Yoongi seemed to be about to say something, but groaned and rubbed his head.

 "That's what you get from living off soda and candy." Jin said, taking a sip of his iced tea.

 "He's having a suga cwash." Tae said, his mouth still full.

 "Suga..suga..that's sounds great! That's what we should call Yoongi-hyung! All in favor say aye!" Jimin said.

 "Wait, what?" Yoongi said, rubbing his head.

 "Aye." Hoseok said a goofy smile on his face.

 "Aye." Jin sputtered, attempting but failing to contain his laugh. Everyone stared at me, and I realized that I hadn't said anything.

 "..Aye.." Yoongi groaned.

 "Come on, even you Jungkook? I'm a rapper, I can't be called Suga!"

 "Well.." I said trailing off, and looking away. Everyone in the room looked at me, a bit worried. "..Deal with it." I said, smiling.

 "OH MY ING GOD! OH NO HE DIDN'T! OH MY GOD, MAN!" Hoseok said, running around the room. Jimin and Jin were rolling on the ground laughing, and Tae was shaking my hand.

 "Congrats man, you burned Yoon-I mean, Suga." Yoongi grumbled, but then a gummy smile spread across his face.

 "Damn you Jeon Jungkook." he said, sitting up fully on the couch and putting me in a playful headlock. For the first time in a while, I felt normal and happy. I never want this moment to end.