One

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jungkook POV

I lay in my bed, hugging my knees tightly to my chest, hoping that it would make me disappear. My ear buds were deep in my ears, blasting my soul full of music. This is real, Jungkook. She's gone. Don't fool yourself. Everything's going to be alright. I turned my face back into my pillow, still sobbing, but I almost smiled into my pillow. Though every rough time in my life, that comforting voice had been there. Softly soothing me, delicately singing me to sleep.

I sat up in my bed, some of my black hair sticking to my face from a mixture of sweat and tears. Just thinking of the gentle voice made me smile ever so slightly. I glanced around my mostly bare apartment. Scattered across the floor were some old clothes, tissues, and a nearly empty disposable bowl of ramen. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and swung my legs from under the covers onto the floor. That morning was kind of a blur for me. I showered like normal, and after I got dressed, I grabbed my book bag and went to go to my lecture. Before I knew it, it was 3 PM, and I had just arrived at work. In the back room I pulled off my hoodie and looked for my apron, and I felt something hit the back of my head. 
"Umph," I mumbled as I realized it was my slightly stained apron. As soon as I had pulled the apron off my shoulders where it had landed, I turned around and was met with a box-like smile. 
"Hey, Kook!' I sighed and smiled, putting on my apron.
"Hey Tae," I said. Taehyung was sort of new here at the restaurant. He worked as a waiter, while I cooked. He had been working here for about three months. He was way, WAY too enthusiastic about this job. I guessed that it was his first job, and he just felt a bit more grown up. He practically screeched with joy when a man left a large tip, along with a note with his phone number. I forgot to mention, Tae is a huge flirt. He, unlike me, was not bi, but he was full on gay. He can tend to be a bit of a playboy, but since that guy, Hoseok was his name I think, he has stuck with him. We parted ways, and he went to go take orders, while I stayed in the kitchen. As the orders started coming in, I was listening to music has I made sandwiches and started making a pot of coffee. Fifteen orders in, I was right in the middle of making a tuna salad sandwich when I nearly slipped up with the knife. The reason for that was the radio station I was listening to suddenly played a song, which was then followed by a voice from the other room
"Oh, this is my jam!" I heard. I could see Taehyung's new boyfriend dancing in his seat, looking like an idiot. It was an American song, from an artist I knew well. Justin Bieber I think. The only part I knew suddenly came up, so I decided to sing along as I walked over to pick up the next order to give to Tae.
"If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go. Keep you on my arm girl, you'd never be alone. I can be a gentleman, anything you want. Cause if I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go~."

I picked up the plate and the cup of black coffee when I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around, and the next thing I saw was my boss, covered in freshly made coffee. I was so shocked that I dropped the plate, which shattered into a million pieces on the ground. Taehyung walked in quickly and frantically said,
"What the hell is going on in her-" and he stopped and gasped. My boss was silent for a moment. 
"Worthless er. You are dead. Clean up this mess, then come to my office." And with that, he left the room. I looked to the floor. As I slowly cleaned up the mess, Tae shot my a sympathetic look before having to go back out to the customers. 
"He's gonna fire me."I thought to myself. I couldn't lose my job, even though it had a crappy salary of 211,000 won, it was barely enough to support me. Every bit of my money went to my rent. Taehyung sometimes out of pity gave me his paycheck. Tae was two years above me in college. The only reason I could get into college in the first place was because of some scholarship. My old school said I had good talent in visual arts, so that's why I'm here. But the only apartment I could rent is an hour bus ride away from my school. My boss knew how bad my situation was, and he was somewhat kind to me, at least in the beginning. After my first mess up, his kindness faded. He threatened to fire me, but I begged for one more chance, so he gave me one. However, I had just used up that last chance. Now I didn't know what would happen. To be completely honest, I should have walked out in that very moment. At least my dignity would have remained intact.

Later..

I my dry lips as I left the restaurant. I tugged my hoodie closer to my skinny body, hoping it would drown out the dirty feeling in my gut. It didn't work. I walked swiftly to the bus stop and thanked god that there wasn't anyone else in the bus. The driver had his headphones on, and I could hear his awful music blasting. I paid him and sat down in the back of the bus. I turned my music up high, and put my ear buds in my ears, my nose twitching every now and then. As soon as I got back, a dropped my backpack by the door and kicked off my shoes. I stumbled over to my bed and collapsed down onto my bed, sobbing into my pillow. You'll be fine Jungkook, don't worry too much. Sleep darling, it will make you feel better. I knew that I couldn't sleep for too long, I had a late night lecture. I let my eyes flutter close, tears sticking to my eyelashes.

2 hours later..

I woke up with a start from my slumber, breathing heavily. I glanced at the clock in the corner of the wall. I rubber my eyes, wiping away dried up tears. "I'm going to be late!" I exclaimed as I saw what time it was. I quickly straightened out my clothes and drank some old coffee that was in a mug on the table. Bad mistake, stupid brain. I gagged at the bitter coffee, and I grabbed my backpack and pulled on my shoes. As I raced out of my apartment I saw the bus just arrive at the bus stop. I just barely made it onto the bus on time, and I rammed into a man wearing earplugs.  I apologized profusely, but he hardly seemed to notice me. As soon as the bus reached my school, I quickly thanked the bus driver and got off, running toward the lecture hall. I rammed head first into someone. Just my ing luck. I stumbled back and swore under my breath. In front of me was the infamous Lee Myung, with a boba tea drink spilled down the front of her white cardigan. Second time today, you deserve this Jungkook.

"Aish! What the hell is wrong with you, ing poor !" She screeched. Myung was known across the school. She was the richest, palest, and in my opinion, iest girl in school. Her bleached hair was in two pony tails, eyeliner so sharp I could have sworn it could have cut me, and her voice was laced with poisonous filth. All her fanboys' heads snapped towards me, glaring at me with pure hatred.
"I-I'm s-sorry.. I need to g-get to class." I mumbled trying to walk past her. She stamped hard on my foot with such a force it caused me to stumble back.
"God, you're so stupid! him up." She snarled. A few guys walked up to me and pushed me to the ground. Myung always found a reason to have these guys beat the hell out of me at least once a week, often times more. I held back my cries of pain and anguish because that only brought more pain. Then one of them stomped on my wrist, and I felt the muscle get pulled at an odd angle. I let out a loud gasp followed by a scream of pain. My arm was filled with a hot, stabbing, excruciating pain. I thought the pain would pass like most other hits, but it kept getting worse, and my screams turned into hoarse gasps. 
Hey! Get lost! Leave him alone! 
I almost smiled. I knew the voice couldn't do anything to help. I slowly passed out from the pain.

???'s POV

"Aish, how can you forget your textbooks at my dorm so easily? I'll have the door unlocked, but as soon as you come in I'm gonna kick you in the balls." I sighed deeply.
"That's fine, I just don't want to fail this test, so if that's what it takes to get my books back, then so be it-" A loud, Earth shattering scream suddenly came from near the lecture hall.
It sounded a bit familiar. I had heard it before on this campus, but it has never been this awful. 
"Yoongi, I'll call you back." I said before quickly hanging up. I ran toward where it had come from, forgetting about my textbook in Yoongi's dorm. When I found where the scream had come from, I saw none other than Lee Myung looking down at a beaten boy, smirking smugly.
"Hey! Get lost! Leave him alone!" I yelled. Myung looked at me surprised, and she blushed, and after speaking with the guys inaudibly briefly, they fled the scene. I crouched down next to the guy. It was nothing new for Myung to have some poor bastard beat up, but for some reason, this one felt different. I flipped him over because he was laying on his stomach. He was now on his side, and although he seemed unconscious he was clutching his arm. His face had a bruise on his left cheek, and both of his hands were scraped, probably from getting dragged across the ground. His lip was bleeding, but I couldn't help but notice his facial features. Soft, and yet sharp. Not exactly masculine, but leaning more on the innocent side. He was tall and lean. Tears were slipping out of his eyes which were squeezed shut. Without thinking, I took this complete stranger into my arms and lifted him up.
"It's okay, you're going to be fine. I'm only picking you up, please don't freak out. There you go.." I whispered softly, slipping one arm under one of his arms, and I used my other arm to support his legs. It was almost scary how skinny he was. His arms were limp. His backpack was still on his shoulders, and I could feel one of his books pressing onto my forearm, but I didn't care. I began walking back toward Yoongi's dorm. He probably knows what to do. I knocked, and Yoongi answered, looking tired and pissed like he always did. But as soon as he saw the beaten guy in my arms, he quickly ushered me in.

"Park Jimin, what do I tell you about playing hero?" Yoongi muttered, getting his med kit. "Make yourself useful and undress him," Yoongi called from the other room. I gulped and ped his hoodie, and pulled off his t-shirt. He wasn't skinny enough that I could see every one of his ribs, but I could tell that he had been missing a few meals most likely. I found his Student ID, his name was Jeon Jungkook. I didn't touch his wallet, I decided to put his things in his backpack.

"Jeon Jungkook..why is that so familiar? What has happened to you?" I whispered. Yoongi came back with his med kit, and he cleaned and bandaged Jungkook's wounds, all the while complaining about the crazy I get myself into. He finished quicky enough.
"His damn wrist is sprained. I'll go get a heat pack to put on it. He got up and left the room. I stared at this mysterious kid sleeping. He looked as if he were in a very deep sleep, but was restless at the same time. He tossed and turned, mumbling and groaning in his sleep. I was worried that his wounds might reopen. I slipped off my shoes, and hesitating slightly, I crawled into the bed next to Jungkook. He rolled over, his head now resting on one of my shoulders. I looked down at him, and decided not to wake him, since he seems so much more calm now. I simply closed my eyes and let sleep overtake me as well.