Twenty-Five

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jimin POV

Five years prior..

“Jimin? Are you there?” I blinked a few times and met eyes with my therapist. I scratched the back of my neck.

“Sorry, I was just..spacing out I guess.” My therapist flashed me a small smile and flipped to a fresh page in her notebook.

“Now, Jimin, you need to tell me about what happened two weeks ago. Take you time, but include details.” I bit my lip and played with the strings of my hoodie. “Jimin?” She said. I took in a deep breath.

“You wanna know what happened? I ruined a guy’s life. He had so much ahead of him, he was so talented and hopeful. I took that from him. His girlfriend paid me to ruin him, and I complied. I took everything from him, and I never even got to apologize.” I said shakily, touching my neck where a gauze pad was. “Everyone says that he killed himself. That isn't true. I killed him.” Warm tears were already flowing down my cheeks, and I raised my arms to hide my face. I heard my therapist stand

up and walk over to me. She wrapped her arms around me.

“Jimin-ssi, you're not like the other patients I had to deal with in the past. You can still change. There is still time.” I lowered my head even further into my arms.

“How can I?” I whispered. She my hair lightly.

“Stop hanging out with those people. Find a better crowd. Last week you mentioned that you liked to sing and dance, right?” I nodded, then sniffed. She pulled back and reached into her jacket. She handed me a card. I read over it.

“YG Entertainment?” I asked. She smiled.

“It's an audition card I got for you. You should give it a shot.” I smiled back and wiped my eyes.

“Thank you, I'll consider it,” I said, putting the card in my pocket.

Present..

I groaned lightly as I opened my eyes. An annoying pounding kept playing over and over in my head as if a mini marching band was going nuts in my ear. My eyes slowly adjusted to the light, and the first thing I felt was the humidity on my nose. A plastic mask covered my face, and the steady beep of the heart monitor was creating a bothersome rhythm which refused to let me fall back asleep. I saw the nurse walk in, and look at the monitors of several machines which were hooked up to my body. She scribbled a few things down and was about to leave when I spoke up.

“Where is..Jungkook?” I whispered. She stared at me for a few seconds.

“He is in the waiting room, sir.” She replied. I coughed slightly.

“I want to see him. Please.” I said. She walked over to me and removed the plastic mask that covered my face, and propped me up with a few pillows.

“I will be right back.” She said, and she walked from the room. A few minutes later, about ten people ran into the room. The first to get to me was Taehyung, who tightly embraced me.

“We thought we lost you! I was so scared!” He said. I chuckled slightly and patted him on the shoulder. He released me, and Yoongi was the next to wrap his arms around me.

“I shouldn't have left you there with her. I'm sorry Jimin.” He said, his voice thick.

“Aigo, has this hyung been crying?” I said teasingly. Yoongi pulled back.

 

“Brat.” He said, small tears still in his eyes. Yoongi then backed up, and approaching my bed was my mother and father. My eyes slightly widened. They looked incredibly tired and stressed. They both embraced me, and I hugged them both back as tightly as I could muster.

“Eomma..Appa..” I whispered. In the background, I could see our manager and Bang-PD. I smiled awkwardly.

“You always find yourself getting into trouble, Jimin-ssi?” Manager-nim asked.

“PD-nim, please don't kick Jimin out! We won't be the same without him!” Taehyung wailed. Bang-PD shook his head smiling.

“I would never do that, Taehyung. Don't worry.” Taehyung sighed in relief. “Your promotions will be postponed for three weeks, you can go home to Busan and rest, or stay here. For the rest of you, finish the rest of the schedule for this week, and we'll pick up where we left off once Jimin is back to his best form.” All the members nodded, and everyone began dispersing from the room. My parents finally let me go.

“Jimin, we can't stay in Seoul too long, do you want to stay here with your members?” My father asked. I thought for a moment.

“There is something I have to get done. I hope you understand.” My mother smiled.

“We understand, Jiminie. We'll stay in Seoul till you are discharged. Do you want something to eat?” She asked. I nodded, and they walked from the room. I looked around the room, and I saw Jungkook leaning up against the door frame. I smiled at him, but he didn't return the smile.

“Aish, Jungkookie, why are you being like this? Come over here, I wanna see you.” He slowly walks forward and sits on my bed. He hesitated for a moment, and reached out and took hold of my hand.

“It's warm. You really are still here.” He whispered. I nodded and raised the hand he was holding up to his cheek.

“I never should have doubted you Kookie. You saved me.” I whispered, wiping a small tear from his cheek. He leaned his cheek into my palm.

“I shouldn't have kept the trip a secret from you. I am the one at fault here.” He said softly. I smiled.

“What are you talking about? That doesn't matter now. We are both still here, alive, breathing. As long as I am alive, I will love you.” I said. Jungkook slowly smiled back.

“I love you too.” He said. I leaned forward and kissed him. He kissed back, and slowly pulled away.

“I have a broadcast to make, I’ll be back later, I promise.” He quickly said, standing up. I smiled at him fondly.

“Okay, I'll see you later,” I replied. Jungkook walked to the door and turned around.

“I love you, baby.” He said, winking at me. I grinned.

“I love you more.”