Ten

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Two Week Time Skip

Jimin POV

 "I'm thinkin' out loud. People fall in love in mysterious ways." I slightly adjusted my headphones.

 "Good work Jimin-ah! That high note is going to kill all the fans." I glanced at my singing coach.

 "Thank you.." I mumbled, looking back down at the lyrics. "It's hard to pronounce some of these words though." I said, thumbing over the meaningful words on the sheet.

 "Well, you've been studying hard in your english class, and you're doing better than last month already." I took off my headphones.

 "Uhm, can I go now please? I have things..to do." I said quietly, setting down the paper on the table.

 "Of course Jimin, see you tomorrow." 

 I left the practice room with a pit building in my stomach. It was time to meet up with Myung, and I was beyond disgusted with myself at this point. I can't keep this up, as the days keep passing, I'm running out of ways to cope. Everything I did involved Jungkook, and seeing his face hurt my heart. Every week, I've come up with excuses and lies not to show up to classes and practices, every single weak excuse not to see Jungkook worked because he trusted me completely. I just wish I could, tell him, but he would hate me. I just had to keep this up until I found a way out. I arrived finally at the back of the B building. Myung was waiting there as usual, but she had two guys with her.

 "Myung..You brought friends?" I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat.

 "Well, this time I decided that I didn't want to you, oppa. So these guys are here to give me an enjoyable experience." I analyzed her words carefully.

 "Um, care to..explain?" Myung giggled.

 "Don't be stupid oppa. They are here to beat the living crap out of you." I barely had time to process what she had just said before the first punch was thrown, hitting me square in the stomach.

Jungkook POV

I hurried from the bus stop.

 ", the professer is gonna kill me if I'm late." I said, checking the time. I suddenly came to a stop as I heard some groaning sounds. It was coming from behind a building. Curious, I walked over to check it out. As I got closer, the sounds I heard became more familiar. I walked faster, and then I saw two big guys kicking Jimin. Out of instinct, I quickly ran over.

 "Hey! Get away from him!" A fist hit me in the face, and one of the guys kicked me hard in the stomach twice.

 "You little ." He said, kicking me again.

 "Quit trying to play hero, dongsaeng." I heard Myung say. I tried sitting up, but one of the guys kicked me in the face, knocking me back down. I groaned softly, and I heard them walking away. I rolled over to look at Jimin, who was leaning up against the wall. I carefully pushed myself up, and scooted myself next to him. I brought me knees to my chest, and I leaned over to look at him. He had large tears flowing down his face.  "Jungkook, I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have come to help."

 "Jimin, shut the hell up, okay? You've been ignoring me for the past two weeks, and I'm sick of you pushing me away." I said. Jimin glanced at me.

 "Jungkook, I-" He stopped his sentence.

 "Jimin, I'm worried about you. Everytime I ask to hang out, you give me excuses, when I come home you're always smoking or drinking or throwing up or pretending to be asleep, and I want to know what's going on. Something happened during the party that I don't remember, and I know that's what pushing us apart. What happened that night?" I pleaded, tears now coming out of my eyes. Jimin seemed to be thinking quietly.

 "Jungkook, I... I told you about my sister dying." He whispered, turning his face away from me. My angry and hurt face softened.

 "Jimin, I'm..I'm sorry." I said, reaching out to him. He flinched away, and I let out a shaky breath. He turned back toward me.

 "Jungkook, it's okay. Let's just get out of here." He stood up.

"But what about classes?" I questioned, standing up as well.

 "I'll have my manager call in for us. Let's just go." He said, grabbing onto my arm and leading me out of the alley.

Two hours later..

 My eyes were glued to the screen as Henry an Yewon walked down a pathway.

 "They are totally gonna kiss." I mouthed, not wanting to ruin the moment. Jimin was still holding a cold piece of pork in front of his mouth with chopsticks, being too immersed in the show just like me.

 "How much do you like me?" Yewon asked. Henry stretched out his arms and looked up.

 "A whole lot. Why are are you asking me that?" He trailed off. Yewon now was holding his face in her hands, looking at him nervously. She quickly kissed him, and pulled away. I rolled off the couch, letting out a excited cry. Jimin had dropped the piece of pork back into his bowl.

 "They kissed! They kissed!" I exclaimed, hugging the kumamon plushie Yoongi had given me to borrow.

("You better keep him clean and tidy, or I'll never buy you lamb skewers again." I remembered him telling me.)

 Jimin, had put his bowl down on the table, covered his mouth with three of his fingers, and made some sort of kissing motion. "What are you doing hyung? That's werid." I said, laughing. Jimin looked at me, glanced away and blushed. I decided to play with him a bit. "What is it, oppa?" I said, letting the word roll off my tounge. He cringed slightly, keeping his eyes away from me. "Are you upset that you lost the bet? It's okay, I forgive you oppa." I grinned, liking how he reacted when I called him oppa. "Opppppaaaa..Do you not like me? Am I not pretty enough for you opppaa?"  He hid his face with one of his hands, staring intently at the tv screen. I smirked, and was ready to strike again. "Opp-" Jimin surprised me as he turned around, and with a matter of seconds he had grabbed me by my collar and pinned me down on the couch.

 "Don't you dare say that word again, or I swear to Christ I'll make you regret it." Jimin growled, a strange kind of tone to it. Not really angry, but kind of, frustrated. His eyes were glossy, and it made my heart feel a pang of hurt. Did that word trigger him?

 "Hyung?" I whispered, still staring up at him. One tear fell from his eyes and hit my cheek. It felt vas if I had gotten shot in the face. "..Hyung, I'm-" I stopped myself in the middle of my own sentence, not sure what to do. I carefully reached out, and slowly put a hand on his cheek. I wiped the tear mark with my thumb, and I felt his freshly dyed sliver hair. I preferred his orange hair, but it would be a lie to say he wasn't gorgeous. He always was.

 "Hyung, I'm sorry.." I said, not being able to tear my eyes away from his incredibly beautiful, yet hurt face. I took in a deep breath, about to sit up to ask him what was wrong, but he held me down. I looked up at him in shock, and Jimin was blushing again.

 "Jungkook, it's okay. I can never..stay mad at you." He whispered. It was now his turn to gently stoke my face, and his slender finger traced the busted skin on my cheek.

 "I'm sorry Jungkookie. You shouldn't have gotten involved." I stared up into his face, and I saw something. Something hidden, something lost. What is it? What are you hiding from me Park Jimin?

 

Jimin POV

 

As I stared down into Jungkook's face, I vaugely saw something. Something hidden, something that he has kept from me. What is it Jeon Jungkook? What is making you hurt? I decided to hold that question for later, this moment was just too perfect, I didn't want it to end. Thinking carefully, I decided to make a bold move.

 "Jimin, are yo-" I silenced Jungkook's question with a kiss. Not a peck like Yweon gave Henry, or a sloppy tounge kiss like Tae and Hobi have. Just a slow, passionate, deeply meaningful kiss. After three seconds, I pulled back. His face was painted with utter shock. , I ruined this, I ruined all of this. I shouldn't have done anything, I should've- My thought was cut off by Jungkook. he has sat up, and had pressed his lips onto mine once again. He pulled just the slightest bit away and mumbled onto my lips,

 "No words hyung. Only silence." And that is what we did, sat in slience for the rest of the night, and it was perfect.