Fifteen

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Ten years prior..

 "Werido! Why did you hug her?" I flinched at the words, and kept my eyes down.

 "When I speak, you speak back!" My eyes darted up into the angry eyes of my friend's father.

 "I-I'm sorry sir..I just haven't seen her in long time, and I miss-" I tried in broken english, but I was cut off by a woman's voice.

 "I don't want a filthy boy like yourself touching my daughter again!" I made eye contact with my friend.

 "Christi, please tell them that it's okay.." I whispered to her in korean. Christina pushed some of her blonde hair from her face.

 "You're all making a scene. Tae didn't mean any harm." I looked up hopefully. The man still looked very mad, and he began walking toward me. Christina quickly stepped in front of me. "Don't touch him!" I buried my face into her hair, hiding behind her tall figure. The man seemed to stop. Christina turned around and led me away. "Come on Tae, let me show you the Central Park." I quickly followed, holding onto her arm. We got pretty far from the airport very quickly, and we sat down on a bench."I'm sorry kiddo, my dad isn't that nice to lots of people. I'm happy you came even though I told you about him over Skype." I looked up at her, and smiled.

 "It's okay Christi, I really wanted to come shadow your school." She ruffled my hair. "Really, I don't think I would be able to afford to come to school here, I just really wanted to see you." She smiled.

 "That's really sweet Tae, I wish college guys were as considerate as you are. Now, do want to try New York famous bagels?" I nodded, and we both got up from the bench.

Two weeks later..

 I sat in the school yard, feeling over the bracelet Christi had given me before I left. I heard foot steps, and when I looked up it was a huge group of boys.

 "Enjoy your trip to America? Looking real nice with that orange hair." I ran my fingers through my newly dyed hair.

 "S-she said that it looked nice." I mumbled.

 "Well, you do look nice. Might as well become a US citizen. Hell, run back to her and get married so you can get a green card. We all know that's what your future is. You might as well be an alien." They all laughed, and other kids on the school yard began pointing at me and laughing.

 "Run back to your space ship, alien!" A girl yelled, throwing a balled up wet paper towel at me. Several people began throwing things my way, and I quickly crawled under the bench to hide from the debris. A couple boys dragged me out.

 "No! Leave me alone, please!" I begged, but they still didn't stop. A few girls ran over with sharpies in hand. As the guys held my arms, kids began drawing on my face. The awful smell filled my nose, and stung my eyes. I felt tears began welling into my eyes, partially from fear, and partially from the chemicals. I swung my legs wildly, and I hit a girl in the stomach with one foot, and a guy in the chest with my other. This caused one guy to release my arm in surprise, and I took off running.

I sat quietly in the principal's office, my face pink from the scrubbing to get the ink off, streaks of black still left behind.

 "My son said that this boy started it, that he called them poor." A man said, gesturing to me. A woman nodded.

 "He hit my daughter in the stomach, it made her throw up." The principal folded his hands on the desk.

 "Taehyung, you haven't responded to these accusations yet. You're a very well behaved young man normally, this is completly out of character for you." I didn't look up.

 "I wanna go home." I said thickly, wiping a few tears from my face. The principal sighed.

 "I'll call your grandmother. If you do not deny these accusations, I'll have no choice but to believe what your peers have said to be true, and that would call for a suspension. Do you understand?" I nodded. The several adults and students in the meeting room cleared out, one guy bumping into my chair quite forcefully. I sat numbly in the chair until my grandmother arrived.

 "Goodness, honey bear! What happened?" She said, rubbing the streaks on my face gently.

 "Um, your grandson got into a fight. He has not denied the accusations that he started it, so I'm afraid that he will have to be suspended for two weeks." I couldn't bear to look into my grandmother's face, so I just kept staring into my lap.

Three years later..

 I trudged up the last stair, and looking around the hallways, went quickly into the school bathroom. I closed the door and locked it. Taking in a deep breath, I looked at my face in the mirror. Several things were written on my face. I wet a paper towel, and began wiping off the words. I stopped when I was about to wipe off my cheek, and I noticed the word "alien" scribbled there. I dropped the paper towel, and suddenly my whole world started to shake. The strong wall that I had built to protect myself from the hateful words came crashing down, and I let out a frightened scream. I remembered the bullies, the punches, it all came rushing back to me. I looked around myself frantically, feeling myself getting trapped. I then glanced at the mirror, and it morphed into a window. Through it, I saw many of the kids who bullied me, but they weren't scowling, they were smiling. They reached their hands out to me.

 "Ah, there's our favorite guy, Tae Tae! Come on, join us!" I smiled, and began prying at the window. When it didn't open I grew frustrated and I punched it. This threw me back into reality, and I felt several pieces of glass cut into my hand. Gripping my hand, I fell onto my knees, then onto my side. A piece of broken glass cut through my wind breaker and cut my arm. I lay in silence, sobbing quietly. I heard the door get busted down. I looked up and saw a girl standing over me. Weakly, I reached a bloody hand up toward her and grabbed onto her skirt.

 "H-help.." I whispered through choked sobs. She let out a scream, and dashed from the bathroom. I slowly let myself slip into unconsiousness. 

 I lay quietly in the hospital bed, my head hung in shame. My parents and grandmother quickly came into the room.

 "Taehyung, we were so worried! The school said that you were passed out in the bathroom, what happened darling?" I heard them asking.

 "I don't know, I saw a window, and I wanted to get through, but I couldn't open it, so I punched it." A doctor walked in, an pulled my parents aside to talk to them. I couldn't hear much, but I heard the doctor say

 "Medication would be recommended." That was when I knew I was broken and I needed fixing.

Present..

 "Ah you guys are so fun, I love you all!" I gushed, kissing the camera.

 "Tae-Tae is so 4D! I love my little alien!" I tensed up slightly as I read the comment.

 "Uhm, let's hand the camera off to Jin-hyung, he's making some good dinner! I have to shower! Jin, camera!" I said, putting the camera on the kitchen table. I hurried to my bed room and closed the door. I took in deep breaths, counting from one to three several times. I felt around on my bedside table and found my prescription bottle. I popped the bottle open and put two pills onto my hand and swallowed them down quickly with water. Letting out a shaky breath, I heard the door get opened. I turned, and saw Hoseok. He was smiling, but the smile quickly faded. He got onto the bed with me and took me into his arms.

 "Did the fans say the word again?" He asked. I nodded, burying my face into his shoulder. "It's okay Taehyungie, they don't know that it triggers you. I'll talk to Bang-PD about it." I shook my head.

 "No, I don't wanna upset the fans." Hobi my hair.

 "I'm not sure if that's the best idea baby, but if you are, take my advice to make it easier. It's not those terrible people's word anymore, it's your word. They can't do anything to you anymore. You've got me, and Jiminie, and all the members. And don't forget our precious fans. We'll be okay Tae." He said, cradling me in his arms.

 "Okay Hobi." I whispered, hugging him tightly.  I don't know what I'd do without him.