Twenty-Eight

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Yoongi POV

 I glanced back down on the bed, and I saw a sleeping heap quietly breathing underneath the cover. She is pretty, I thought to myself, smiling at what I thought was an accomplishment. How pathetic I must have looked. She really was a pretty girl, from YG. I think she debuted this year. Too bad I'll probably never see her again. I tied my shoes and looked back at her one more time. I saw her eyes slightly open.

 “Yoongi-oppa, where are you going?” I heard her ask softly. I clicked my tongue softly.

 “Nowhere important. Go back to sleep, Ji-chu.” I whispered. She mumbled something else, then rolled back over. I pulled up my mask and walked from the room. As I walked from her room to the front door, I could see her three roommates staring at me. I had a face mask on so they couldn't see me, but I could still feel their eyes on me. The blonde one finally said something as I opened the front door.

 “I'll never understand why unni would sleep with such a loose guy. Don't come back!” I glanced back at her.

 “Baby, I was never planning to.” I said, winking at her. The two other girls had to hold her back from running at me. I wouldn't blame her. I waved and closed the door behind me. Fifteenth one this month. I should probably slow down. I said to myself as I walked down the hallway. Yeah, I know. Fifteen people. It's sad really. I've been so jealous of Jungkook and Jimin’s strong relationship that I started sleeping around. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they are together, but seeing them together just reminds me that I'm alone. So I've been desperately trying to mask it by ing as many people as possible. It didn't seem to be all that effective, at least not anymore. It's sad, really. I just wish I could have what they have. They seem so happy, so lovestruck. That hasn't happened to me in the longest time, I just wanted to feel the warmth of someone else's love. How can I, though. I can't even love myself. 

Jungkook POV

 “Crap..“ I glanced over at Ji-young, and I saw one of the buttons on her designer jeans laying on the floor. “Well, .“ I grinned slightly.

 “That baby is gonna have the same crude language as their mother.“ I remarked, taking a bite out of my apple.

 “ you.“ She flat out said, and she walked to her closet. “Now I'll have to wear a stupid skirt to this stupid dinner. I'm not even going to be able to eat any seafood. This is . Complete and utter .“ She said furiously, finally pulling out a black ruffled skirt. I rolled my eyes and took another bite from my apple.

 “Hey, it's not that bad. Besides, it is family stuff. Even after my..outburst..your dad still, thinks I am a decent human being. He would be disappointed if his only daughter didn't show.“ Ji-young sighed deeply as she pulled off her jeans and slipped on the skirt.

 “Man, if you weren't here pushing me around, I'd still be wearing my sweatpants and watching my dramas.“ I stood up.

 “Yeah, but you would be hungry. And if you're hungry, the baby is hungry.“ I said, walking up behind her and helping her put on her colored cardigan. After I had adjusted the thin fabric onto her shoulders, I placed a hand on her stomach. “Remember?“ She scoffed.

 “That hand better only be there for the baby.“ She said. I chuckled softly.

 “There's no other reason why I'd touch your stomach.“ She turned around and hugged me.

 “I don't know what I'd do without you Jungkook. You're my best friend, you know that?“ She said.

 “Unfortunately.“ I responded, and she punched me lightly in the stomach and pushing me away.

 “You're just like Jimin, ruining the moment like that.“ I smirked.

 “What can I say. Great minds think alike.“ She smiled slightly. “We should probably go now. Jung-hyun will be pissed if we keep him waiting.“ Ji-young nodded, and we left her room.

Jimin POV

 “If you cannot walk then you'll crawl. Even if you have to crawl, gear up.“ I mumbled along with my part.

 “GYEONWO CHONG! JO JUN! BALSA!“ Taehyung practically screamed, turning up the volume on my phone. All the members who were also in the living room began doing a mixture of flopping around and doing the choreo. I sighed, staring at them acting so ridiculously, and I joined in.

 “NOT NOT TODAY!“ I yelled as I jumped up and down. I could see Tae dabbing furiously, and I saw Namjoon accidently step on his fake glasses.

 “Crap.“ I heard him say, looking at the mangled mess of his plastic glasses. We were about to continue with our impromptu dance party when my phone began ringing, automatically turning off the music. Taehyung groaned loudly as I picked up my phone from the coffee table and answered it.

 “Hello?“ I said, my breathing obviously heavy.

 “H..hyung..I need Jin to come pick me up..“ My eyebrows automatically furrowed.

 “Jungkook, what's happening? Where are you?“ I asked. I could hear him sniffling.

“I..I am at the hospital. My dad..he collapsed at dinner. He coughed up a lot of blood. Jung-hyun is with him right now. I need Jin to come get me.“ Jin stood up immediately. 

 “Jungkook, I'm on my way. Just sit tight. Jimin, you come with me, Jungkook needs you. Namjoon, call Yoongi and find out where the hell he is.“ I heard Jungkook letting out a choked sob.

 “Please hyung..Just come soon.“ He said.

 “Don't worry Kookie. We'll be there before you know it.“ I assured him

 “O..okay. See you soon.“ He said before hanging up. I quickly went to the door and pulled on my shoes and jacket. Jin was just behind me as we both quickly rushed out the door.