Chapter 5

The University Students

Taekwoon left the class bidding good bye to Hakyeon. Hakyeon was the first one he had ever talked to in that class. Surprisingly for him, he found Hakyeon very comfortable. He did not feel like he was talking to a stranger, it felt like as if they had been friends for a long time. It was a good feeling.

Taekwoon took out his phone and checked the time. It was 2:30pm. He was asked to come to the court at 5, so since he still had a lot of time, he decided he would just go home and come back with Wonsik. He wanted to leave his heavy things too. He reached the apartment after 30mins and turned the door knob. He was surprised when it did not open. Thinking maybe that the guy was asleep, he used his own key and saw that the place was empty. He quickly dropped his things and called Wonsik.

“Hey Taekwoon.”, the guy answered.

“Where are you?”, Taekwoon said in haste.

“Me? I am on my way to the university.”, Taekwoon could hear the sound system of the train. “What about you?”

“I just got home.”, Taekwoon told him. “I was hoping we could go there together since you said it was at 5.”, He was a little disappointed.

“ahh I am so sorry Taekwoonaa. I didn’t know you would come home. I would have waited if I knew.”, he sounded sorry.

“It’s ok.”, Taekwoon went on. “I will be there later. See you.”, he hung up. Taekwoon put down his bag and took a quick rest before heading to the shower. When he came out of the shower, he saw a text message. It was from Wonsik and it said that he was at the outdoor practice court, warming up for his match. Taekwoon quickly put on his clothes and hurried there. When he got there, he saw Wonsik and his team playing a friendly match. He went to sit on the bench near the court and watched the game. Wonsik was too busy to see Taekwoon but he did not mind. He liked seeing him all concentrated and he kind of looked y. He just stared at his man. He was distracted when the ball suddenly flew in his direction and with sharp instinct, Taekwoon covered his head with his arms.

“Careful! You might hurt people around.”, He heard a voice shout. It was very stern and authoritative. Taekwoon slowly lifted to see what had happened. He only saw the back of the man. He was wearing the same jersey as Wonsik. He was quite tall but not as tall as Wonsik. Taekwoon was quickly noticed by Wonsik after that incident and he rushed to him.

“Taekwoona, I didn’t know you were here.”, Wonsik looked at him worried. “Yah!! Be careful with your shootings, you might hurt someone!”, Wonsik shouted at his teammates.

Taekwoon quickly shook his head and told them that he was fine and nothing happened. Wonsik was the protective type. If anything happened to Taekwoon, the person who was responsible would be very sorry.

“I am fine”, Taekwoon told him again. “Go and practice”, he shooed him away.

Taekwoon sighed after he left and he quickly made his way to a safer place but was stopped by the other man.

“You can stay here.”, He looked down at the sitting Taekwoon. “I am sure the balls won’t come here anymore.” He looked back at the team.

Taekwoon slowly went back to his place and searched for Wonsik. When he saw him, he smiled.

The guy slowly sat near him. “I am Hongbin. Are you one of Wonsik’s friend?”, He asked.

Taekwoon just nodded. ‘I am actually his boyfriend.’, he wanted to say that.

“I am their team captain.”, Hongbin said proudly.

‘ahhh’, Wonsik never really talked about his team or sports. Taekwoon knew he usually played sports but all he ever talked about was writing songs and composing them since he was majoring in that field. It was nice getting to know something new related to Wonsik.

Taekwoon was unknowingly smiling. Hongbin found it very contagious as he also started to smile when he saw him. Taekwoon slowly turned and saw the man looking at him with a smiley face.

‘Not again’, he thought, his bright face now turning cold.

“You know, your smile is very contagious.”, Hongbin said looking at him. Taekwoon just ignored him and shifted a little to the side. Seeing as how Taekwoon was moving away from him, Hongbin completely closed the gap between them by pushing his whole body towards him.

Taekwoon froze and looked at him from the corner of his eyes.

“You look very beautiful when you smile like that.”, he gave him a wink.

Even if Hongbin was really good looking and popular, at this moment, Taekwoon could not help but feel disgusted with him. He did not know how to react.

“Wonsik actually told me that he was dating someone. Isn’t it you?”, Hongbin asked him looking at Wonsik who was really into the game.

Taekwoon blinked a couple of times staring blankly at Hongbin.

“Are you the one Wonsik is dating?”, he asked again.

Taekwoon just lowered his head, blood running to his face and ears.

Hongbin noticed how nervous the man got and gave out a big laugh surprising Taekwoon.

“That lucky bastard. How the hell did he manage to score a beautiful guy like you?”

Taekwoon could not understand the situation.

“If you are ok with Wonsik, that means you are ok with men (in general) right? Wanna try going out with me? I am sure I can keep you happier.”, Hongbin leaned back, tilted his head and gazed at the man.

‘What is happening today?!’, that was all Taekwoon could think of. Everything was happening to him in a single day and he was already too tired from it.

Taekwoon stood up but Hongbin caught his wrist. He looked at the man and glared.

“If I score 30 points today, you will have to go on a date with me.”

“And why would I do that?”, Taekwoon pulled back his hand.

“But if I don’t, I will not bother you.”, He smiled at Taekwoon, completely ignoring the question he was just asked.

Hongbin nodded his head as if asking Taekwoon if he was ok with the deal.

“50”, Taekwoon said.

“What?”

“50 points and I will go with your deal.”

“But 50 is impossible.”, Hongbin cried.

“Well, then I don’t want to accept the deal.”, Taekwoon was having a little fun of his own.

“Fine. 50 then. But if I do score that many, you have to keep your promise.”

Takewoon just nodded. Hongbin took in a deep breath and exhaled rather loudly.

“Since you have given me an awfully impossible deal, I will have to do my best to make it possible.”, Hongbin stood up and stretched himself.

“Ok then, love. I will see you after the match. Please be ready to lose the deal.”

Hongbin smirked at him and Taekwoon just blushed at the nick-name he had just been given.