Chapter 2

The University Students

It was 8:15am when Wonsik left for his classes, Taekwoon could not go back to sleep. His sleep was disturbed and as much as he tried, he could not. He had an afternoon class and he had wanted to rest for a while so he just stayed there laying on the bed staring at the empty ceiling. Wonsik’s scent was still lingering.

After about 30 mins, he woke up and went to take a bath. He came out after 15mins and went straight to get his things out of his bag. He took out his tools and practiced cooking the food he had learned yesterday. He was reading through his notes and perfectly executing whatever was written. He made a very delicious meal and he was very satisfied with it. It was much better than what he had made in the class. Very happy with the outcome, he put the dish inside the fridge and wrote a note that said,

 

Wonsik,

I made this for you. I hope you like it.

Love, Taekwoon.

 

Wonsik only had morning classes today so Taekwoon saved the food for him. He wasn’t very comfortable with writing “Love” but he thought he might as well put it there since he hadn’t said that to him earlier.

It was still too early for him to go to university since his class only started at 2 in the afternoon but he still left his apartment because there was nothing else to do. It was already 11:30 when he got to the subway station. It was the first time he had ever been so early there. All of his classes started after 1pm, so being there at that time, he had to do a bit of getting used to.

He walked into the train and found himself a place to sit. He took out his earphones from his bag and plugged it in his ears. Being inside the train was very hard for him as many students from the same university takes it, he would sometimes meet his classmates that he doesn’t know well and would always have to find an excuse to avoid them. Since he was the timid and introverted type, he did not like talking to random people, so he would usually listen to music and pretend he was sleeping.

The university was like 30 mins ride from the train and it was at the last station, the 12th station. At the 4th stop, a rather cheerful guy entered the train with 2 girls beside him. Their voices pierced through Taekwoon’s earphones and he found them very irritating. The three of them sat right in front of Taekwoon.

Taekwoon’s eyes met the mans and the man just stared at him, slowly taking his seat. Taekwoon avoided the eye contact first and pretended to look somewhere else whereas the other guy went back to his cheerful self.

“Jaehwan-oppa, aren’t you going to give us free tickets for your concert?”, one of the girls asked.

“Ah, sorry girls, you are too late. I already gave it to my friends.”, he said frowning at them.

“Awww”, the girls whined. “But we really wanted to come.”

“You could ask the other members, maybe they have it?”, Jaehwan smiled.

The three were very loud. Even when they were talking amongst themselves, they could still be heard from far away. Jaehwan could see that the guy in front would occasionally look at them and he noticed, it wasn’t a very pleasing expression but more of a pissed or annoyed look.

Jaehwan just smiled when Taekwoon looked at them again. Taewoon, unable to respond to that, just bowed his head and pretended to sleep.

At the 7th station, the girls bid Jaehwan goodbye and he was left alone. He still made small talks with people sitting next to him. He was very good looking and he looked like a kind person. Taewoon envied his friendliness with people and wished he had the same characteristics too. He was imaging how it would be like to have those personalities.

‘Would people like me?’, ‘Would they be friendlier to me?’, Taekwoon just thought to himself.

Taekwoon was just thinking about those things while looking around the train when he suddenly stopped to look at the cheerful guy. When their eyes met again, the guy gave him a big smile and he did not know what to do again. He avoided his gaze yet again but this time he felt a tingling feeling on his face which you usually feel when someone is staring at you intensely.

Taekwoon peeked again and he saw the man was still looking at him and whenever their eyes met, he would give him a bright smile. Jaehwan found him very cute. It was like as if he was teasing a small kid. Taekwoon could not help but pray for the train to reach the destination faster.

At the last station, he quickly stood up and headed for the door avoiding the stare that followed him until he stopped before the door opened. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the man following his path and stopped behind him. He felt a soft thump on his back and when he looked behind, the man was just smiling. Taekwoon felt a little scared and thought that the guy was very weird. When the door opened, he walked as fast as he can.

“Hi”, Taekwoon was shocked when his earphones got pulled out. “I am Jaehwan. Nice to meet you.”, He said smiling at him.

Taekwoon glared at him.

“I believe we are in the same university.”, Jaehwan continued with Taekwoon still glaring at him. Their university had a uniform and it was same for all the students except that they had a different badge for every college.

“I am from the Multimedia Arts department. And you?”, he continued on ignoring the way Taekwoon was looking at him.

He just looked at Jaehwan and walked faster. He was caught up again.

“You know, I am not gonna leave you until you tell me your name.”, He said with his hands in his pockets.

Taekwoon stopped and turned to him. “My name is Taekwoon. Happy now?”,

Jaehwan smiled.

“Leave and don’t bother me.”, Taekwoon plugged back his earphones and proceeded.
The man saw Taekwoon disappear as he walked towards his department. He noticed Taekwoons badge was from the culinary.

“What an interesting man. Kinda cute.”