Chapter 17

The University Students

Taekwoon’s language class had just ended and he met Hakyeon outside of class. Hakyeon invited him for a drink after class but Taekwoon politely rejected. He knows Wonsik’s schedule and by this time, he should be home. Taekwoon wanted to see him since it felt like it’s been a long time since they had seen each other at home.

“You are free though. Please, I beg you Taekwoon~”, Hakyeon whined.

“I am sorry Hakyeon but I really have to go.”, Taekwoon walked away but he stopped midway. “I totally forgot. This! The analysis from the parts I have read.”, he gave Hakyeon the thick paper assignment. Hakyeon got the papers from him and when he turned around to walk again, he felt Hakyeon’s hands holding him.

“What?”, He asked.

“Taekwoon, please”, Hakyeon wanted to spend some time with him.

“I am sorry, I can’t. I really have to go home.”

“But—“

“I said no.” Taekwoon pulled his hands. He was getting irritated from Hakyeons stubbornness.

As he walked towards the train station, he felt someone following him and what do you know, it was Hakyeon again. Taekwoon was at his limits now. He walked towards the man.

“Hakyeon, I don’t know if you like me or not but from what I noticed last Sunday, I think you kind of like me.”, Taekwoon was very sure about this. If not, he would have died of embarrassment. Hakyeon just nodded in agreement.

“So, I will tell you this before it gets any serious. I am already in a relationship with someone so please stop this.”

Hakyeon froze there. He had been rejected before he had even confessed.

“You are really nice Hakyeon and I feel very comfortable around you. I felt we could become good friends but if you have feelings for me, I cannot help but avoid you because nothing will happen between us.”

Hakyeon had heard enough for today. He did not say anything to Taekwoon and just passed by him. Taekwoon watched the man take the train and leave. Taekwoon had waited for him to leave first because he did not want to be in the same train and they got out at the same station so it would have been more awkward.

Taekwoon got home and for the first time in so long, he saw Wonsik there but in bruise. Taekwoon dropped his bag as soon as he saw the condition he was in.

“Oh, my god! Please don’t tell me you were in a fight last night!”, Taekwoon quickly went to help the boy.

“Haha, no no. I just had a conflict with Hongbin.”, Taekwoon’s eyes grew. ‘Hongbin?’

“You fought with Hongbin?”, He asked.

“Yeah”, Wonsik laughed. “But it was a silly misunderstanding.” It wasn’t silly at all. It was something very huge but Wonsik was not ready to tell Taekwoon yet.

Taekwoon helped him cover up his wounds and let him rest. Wonsik had fallen asleep when Taekwoon was cooking dinner for him. He looked very peaceful. All that worried expression he had seen last time was nowhere visible and Wonsik looked relaxed.

The dinner was already prepared and Taekwoon wanted to wait for Wonsik to wake up so that the two can eat together after so long. He sat on the couch and pulled out his phone. He wrote a text and wondered if he should send it or not. Somehow, in the corner of his heart, he was worried about Hongbin too. He was going to send it but he suddenly remembered what Wonsik and Hyuk had said so he deleted it. He sighed and went to the bedroom to sleep with Wonsik. As he got in the blanket, Wonsik automatically wrapped his arms around Taekwoon. This was how the two always slept and it seemed like they haven’t been doing this for a long time.

Hongbin was on his bed looking through his phone. He was looking at Taekwoon’s pictures again. He wondered if Wonsik had told him everything. He knew Taekwoon would get hurt when he finally finds out but he still wanted Wonsik to tell him. Hongbin wanted to be with Taekwoon during his healing time and hoped that Taekwoon would fall in love with him after that. Hongbin knew he was being very selfish. He wanted happiness through some one’s sadness. The whole night, Hongbin kept on looking at his phone, hoping for Taekwoon to call him.