Chapter 12

The University Students

Taekwoon woke up feeling a heavy weight on his body. Opening his eyes, he saw Wonsik sleeping with his whole body on top of him. He pushed the guy quickly because he smelled so bad. He smelled of booze and he hadn’t even changed his clothes. Slowly getting up, he went to the bathroom. After a quick shower, he came out, now fresh and ready to begin the day. When he went towards the living room though, he saw that their place was full of mess. Beer cans and bottles were thrown all around the place, tissues and wrappers filling up the spaces on the floor and two men who were obviously as knocked out as Wonsik.

‘Wonsik invited his friends?’, he thought.

When he went to the kitchen, that was the time he had noticed who they were. Hyuk was on the floor, sleeping with his head on one of the cushions and Hongbin was on the couch. They both looked wasted. Taekwoon was going to make breakfast but he was too scared to face them, especially Hongbin and he did not want it to be at his place with Wonsik around. He quickly made his to the bedroom, changed his clothes, got his bag pack and went straight to university even though it was Sunday. Libraries were usually open so he decided to go there.

On the way there, he got a text message from an unknown number.

 

Hey Taekwoon,

This is Hakyeon, your partner in the language class.

Are you free today? Do you want to work on our project?

 

Taekwoon had totally forgot about the project. Because of everything happening to him, he wasn’t surprised that he had forgotten it. Taekwoon told Hakyeon that he was heading to the library and Hakyeon replied that he will be there in an hour. Taekwoon immediately texted Wonsik that he is in the library and doing a project with his friend. He just prayed that the two friends would have left when he returned later.

Taekwoon looked for a quiet and empty place when he got to the library. He quickly found one since there weren’t many students on Sundays. He went to get some books for his culinary classes as he waited for Hakyeon to get there.

 

“Taekwoon!”, Hakyeon yelled.

“Shhhhhh!!”, the students nearby glared at him. He just bowed his head and walked towards him as fast as he could. He was all embarrassed when he got to him and Taekwoon could not help but let out a soft laugh. Hakyeon also followed him.

“Sorry for being late.”, he said quietly this time.

Taekwoon just shook his head. “So, what do we do?”, Taekwoon asked.

“This book here,” Hakyeon said taking out a big book. “We have to read this and analysis on what the author is actually trying to say. But it’s our own opinion so I don’t think there’s actually like a correct answer to it.”, he shrugged.

“hmm hmm”, Taekwoon nodded again.

“So how do we do this?”, Taekwoon asked as he looked through the book. “There’s only one book.”,

“Ah, you can go ahead and read first, I will take over from where you stop.”, Hakyeon said smiling. “I am gonna have to take the book, so I will do the rest of the reading at home.”

“Oh ok but don’t you think it’s a bit too much work for you?”, Taekwoon asked again. Somehow, talking with him wasn’t a pain, he felt really comfortable.

“No problem. I am from the college of communication and journalism so this book is nothing compared to the others we have to read.”

Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon and Hakyeon gave him a bright smile as if letting Taekwoon know that he was ok with it.

Taekwoon took the book and started reading it. The two never spoke after that. Taekwoon was very busy trying to understand what the book was trying to say whereas Hakyeon was pretending to write some notes on his book when all he was writing was,

Taekwoon is pretty,

Taekwoon is beautiful,

Taekwoon is lovely,

Taekwoon is amazing.

Hakyeon had used all the adjectives he could use to possibly describe Taekwoon. He was sure that he would die if the man ever saw the note but Taekwoon was too busy reading to even notice the guy peeking at his beautiful face from time to time. Hakyeon would smile looking at the concentrated man. He would notice the younger man furrowing his brow when he could not understand what he was reading.

‘Very cute’, he thought as he unconsciously placed his head on his palm and stared straight at the man.

Taekwoon wanted to ask Hakyeon what one of the paragraphs from the book meant but when he looked up, he saw the man gazing at him. Hakyeon’s lips slowly formed a smile when the younger man noticed him.

“Hakyeon?”, He asked.

“Hmmm~”, it was very soft. He liked Taekwoons voice and the way he said his name was music to his ears. He could listen to it all day.

“What does this paragraph say? I don’t quite understand.”, Taekwoon asked, still furrowing his brows.

Hakyeon shook his head when he came to his senses and he saw how Taekwoon was looking at him. He blushed a little.

“Sorry, what did you say—ahh—the paragragh? Which one?”, Hakyeon got nervous.

Taekwoon passed the book and pointed.

“Ohh that one? Its.……….” Hakyeon explained to him very clearly.

“Oh so that’s what it meant. Thanks!”, Taekwoon went back to reading.

‘Phew! That was a close one.’, he thought as he tried to stay concentrated. Hakyeon had already finished reading the book. He could have finished doing the project by himself but he did not want to make Taekwoon feel uncomfortable because just one person doing the work was not fair. He had also wanted to see him outside of class, so the project thing was also an excuse for them to meet.

Half way through the book, Taekwoon could not help but feel sleepy. He was drifting off but he still tried to stay awake because he did not want Hakyeon to be the only one working on it. Taekwoon wasn’t the type that read book so much, he was one of those who liked books with pictures so when the book he was reading right now were just words and sentences, he could not help but feel sleepy.

Hakyeons eyes followed the man’s head as he leaned down and fell asleep.

He laughed softly not wanting to wake the man. He took the book and placed it aside. He also leaned down and laid his head on his hands observing the sleeping beauty’s face. He looked very peaceful as he slept like that. Hakyeon lifted his hand to brush the hair from Taekwoons face and place it behind his ears.

‘He is so cute. I want to hug him’. Hakyeon held back to urge to do that. He placed his hand on Taekwoons cheek this time and pinch it a little bit.

‘Hehehe what a cute chubby cheek’, he thought giggling. He could see Taekwoons face twitching a little when he did that.

It was just the two of them in the library with the neighbouring students now gone and all Hakyeon could do was just stare at him and take in every detail of the younger man.