Chapter 3

The University Students

Taekwoon hurried to his department. He did not want to be bothered again by a stranger. When he finally noticed that he wasn’t being followed, he lowered his speed and walk normally.

‘Who the hell was that guy?’ he thought. ‘I am never leaving for classes early.’

He was still very early for his class, so he went to the library to kill some time. He had exactly 1hr 30min for his next class. Taekwoon decided to go the the main library of their university which was really really big compared to the one in his department. When he entered, he immediately looked for a table where there were little to no students. He spotted one near the window and he immediately sat down. He left his bag on the table to indicate that the spot was taken so nobody would come by. He went to the culinary section to check if there were books that were not in their college library. He came back with a few and set it on the table. He was looking for a new recipe he could try to cook and have Wonsik try it. He jotted down 5 to 6 of the recipes that he could easily get the ingredients of and when he was satisfied, he closed the book and checked the time. He still had an hour more.

He took out his ear phones and started listening to music. He looked outside the window and stared at the leaves that were beautifully falling down. He was so concentrated at the view outside, he did not notice a man sit at the table he was at. The table was actually for 4 people. Taekwoon was startled when he turned to look and saw the man sitting. He did not feel comfortable. The man just smiled at him. Taekwoon just stared and looked away. He then played with the wire of his ear phones and opened and closed his culinary book from time to time. The other man was observing him carefully as he was doing those thing. He was very intrigued by his character.

After a little while, when Taekwoon went back to looking outside again, the man stood up making Taekwoon flinch. He had seen him stand from the corner of his eyes. He looked back at Taekwoon with wide eyes.
‘Interesting’, the man thought as he went somewhere.

Taekwoon sighed when the man left and was pissed at himself for reacting that way. He blamed himself for flinching and scaring the man. But he was relieved that he was left alone.

The man came back again with a new book but this time he waved at Taekwoon and pointed at the chair in front of him.

“Can I sit here?”, Taekwoon heard him through his music.

He just nodded. He did not want it though. ‘Why here?’, he asked him in his thought.

The man sat in front of him, smiling. He looked really young. His badge said he was from the College of Science. Taekwoon ignored the man and stared blankly at the outside world again, wishing that the guy would not talk to him.

Taekwoon felt the tingling sensation again just like how he had felt earlier in the train when that Jaehwan guy was staring at him intensely. He looked at the direction of the sensation, he saw the man was looking at him. He pulled out his earphone and asked, “Yes?”. He was a little nice since he looked younger and did not want to scare him.

His smile became wider. “You are really interesting.” He said.

Taekwoon’s eyes furrowed, “And why is that?”

“I don’t know.”, he said supporting his chin with his hand. “You are somehow very different from people I have met.”

‘This person is weird’, he thought.

Taekwoon looked at him with a big eye and just when he was about to put back his earphones, the man stopped him by catching his hands.

“I am not weird”, he said. Taekwoon was shocked. ‘how did he know? Is he a mind reader?’

“You see; I am a Psychology student. I predict your thinking based on how you behave and through my observation.”, he explained to Taekwoon. “I have never seen your kind here. Are you by any chance a new student?”

‘My Kind? What the hell does he mean?’, Taekwoon glared at him.

“I meant, you are from the Culinary deparment. I have never seen anyone at the main library from there. So I was wondering if you were new?”

“Listen Kid, I am already a 3rd year student here and this main library is not only for the science department ok? It’s for everyone.” Taekwoon could not help but get angry. Nothing was going his way today. All he wanted was a quiet day and here he was, encountering the 2nd obstacle of the day.

“Oh? So you do talk!”, He said smiling but all Taekwoon could see was an evil grin. “Anyways, I am Sanghyuk but you can just call me Hyuk.”, he reached his hand for a shake.

‘I do not need to know that’, Taekwoon thought rolling his eyes at him.

Hyuk caught his hand by surprise and gave him a good shake. “You need to know cause this will not be the last time we will be meeting. I have a feeling that we are going to get really close”, He let go of his hand. The grip was strong and it hurt a little.

Taekwoon got up abruptly and headed for the exit.

“Jung Taekwoon”, the man said and he quickly turned around.

“How did you know my name?”, He was getting annoyed.

Hyuk smile and lifted what was supposed to be Taekwoon’s student Id.

He immediately moved forward and grabbed it.

“You look really good in that picture.”, Hyuk whispered in his ears. Taewoon blushed and pushed him aside before going out.