Chapter 14

The University Students

Wonsik had woken up early and left for university already and Taekwoon had just finished reading the text he had sent him. Wonsik mentioned that he would be a little late today as he was busy doing project for one of his subjects.

Even though it was early, Taekwoon got ready to go and as he made his way to the train station, he heard a familiar voice calling out to him.

“Taekwoon! You take the train too?”, it was Hakyeon.

He nodded.

“Nice, let’s go together then. Do you have a class at 10?” Hakyeon asked.

“My classes are at 2pm”, Hakyeon raised a brow.

“Why are you so early then?”, The train had arrived and the two got inside.

“I am gonna work on the analysis. I will give you the paper tomorrow.”, Taekwoon said sitting a little further from Hakyeon. He noticed the man moving a little away from him but Hakyeon just ignored it.

“Sure, no problem.”, He smiled but he felt a little hurt.

Taekwoon was still thinking of what Wonsik had told me about how he was drifting away from him. That’s why he was more focused today and wanted to avoid all unnecessary contact with people he did not know very well.

Hakyeon, being the cheerful and talkative one, kept on talking with Taekwoon and he didn’t have a choice but to reply to some of his questions because he did not shut up if Taekwoon did not answer.

When they reached the last station, the two exited along with some of the students from their university. Hakyeon kept on following the man and Taekwoon knew that if he went to the main library, Hakyeon would just end up following him there too, so when they reached the intersection, he quickly turned to Hakyeon.

“I am going that way.”, Taekwoon pointed towards his college.

“Oh, you are not going to the main library?”, Hakyeon asked in surprised.

“No, it’s probably crowded so I am just gonna go to our college library. BYE!”, Taekwoon waved walking away as fast as he can.

Hakyeon frowned as he walked to his class.

When Taekyeon was half way to his college, he saw Jaehwan coming towards his direction.

Taekwoon quickly turned around and walked the other way.

“Yah—Taekwoon!”, he called out.

He immediately stopped. ‘Damnit!’

Jaehwan ran to him. Surprisingly, he didn’t have his guitar with him today.

“I have been looking for you!”, he said coming near Taekwoon.

“What do you want?”, he asked. Taekwoon was still annoyed with Jaehwan because he still thought that Jaehwan was the reason why he woke at Hongbin’s place.

“Why did you leave the bar without even telling me? You said you would watch me sing and when I was finally on the stage you were nowhere to be seen!”, Jaehwan’s voice got louder and louder with each words. “The bartender said you went home with someone name Hongbin. Who is he? Are you dating him?”, He moved closer making Taekwoon flinch.

“It’s none of your business. Please leave.”

“It is my business because I love you.”, Jaehwan said holding Taekwoons hand. “And I don’t want to lose you to someone else.”

Taekwoon blushed a little when he heard that and remembered that lovely time with him but before he was able to respond, somebody grabbed his arms and pulled him away from Jaehwan.

“Hy—Hyuk!”, Taekwoon stuttered. “Why are you here?”

Hyuk had been watching and listening to their conversation and he had had enough when Jaehwan told Taekwoon he loved him.

Hyuk pulled him aside and glared at Jaehwan when he tried to say something.

 “You have to let them know who you are dating Taekwoon, you cannot let this go on.”, Hyuk told him gripping his arms tightly.

“Ack! It hurts, Damnit!”, Taekwoon could only complain.

“Do it now!”, he commanded.

“Who the hell are you?!”, Jaehwan asked Hyuk.
Hyuk glared at the man again, ignoring his question. Hyuk had come to hand Taekwoon the book Hongbin had stolen from his place yesterday morning when they had left. Hongbin’s plan was to make Taekwoon come to him for the book but Hyuk was too tired and fed up with this back and forth relationship that was going nowhere and was only creating more problems that when he had visited Hongbin’s place, he had stolen the book and was now here, returning it.

“This is the last time I will be telling you Taekwoon. Your situation is going out of hand. You are already involved with more than 2 people and if you don’t settle it soon, you will lose everyone!”, Hyuk’s words sounded very scary but Taekwoon knew it was the truth. He cannot go on like this for so long. He took a deep breath and nodded to Hyuk. He let go of his arm and left the scene.

“Who was he? And What did he say?”, Jaehwan asked, his cheerful personality was nowhere to be seen.

“Jaehwan, here’s the truth.”, Taekwoon looked him directly in the eyes. “I am already dating someone and his name is Kim Wonsik.”

“HAHA Wonsik? The one from the college of Music?”, he laughed. “No you are not! That guy just now told you to say that!”

“He did but it’s the truth.”, He said again, this time his voice was firm. “Wonsik and I have been together since high school so I cannot do this with you.”

Jaehwan could not say anything for quite some time and Taekwoon was getting more and more anxious.

“Why are you telling me this now?”, Jaehwan broke the silence. He voice was wavering and Taekwoon knew he had hurt the man. “You could have told me that when we first met.”

“I am sorry. I never thought it would turn out this way.”, Taekwoon told him. “But I was very happy when you told me you liked me. I am just very sorry that I cannot return your feelings.”, Taekwoon was feeling bad now. When he had first gone out with Jaehwan, he knew for sure that he was falling for him but after what Wonsik had told him yesterday, all he felt was guilt. He felt very guilty for having enjoyed his time with Jaehwan and now, whenever he thought about it, he just felt the guilt and pain growing more and more.

“Just one last question, who is Hongbin?”, He asked Taekwoon not meeting the eyes.

“He is also someone like you that I cannot return the feelings of.”, Taekwoon replied and Jaehwan just sighed.

“Well, so much for a great morning!”, Jaehwan said passing by Taekwoon. Heading towards his college, Taekwoon felt very bad for Jaehwan who had tears in his eyes. Taekwoon had pretended not to notice.

 

:'<