Chapter 20 -The End

The University Students

When Wonsik got home that night, Taekwoon had already left the place with all his belonging. Wonsik had immediately called Taekwoon but his phone was switched off. Hongbin and Hyuk were there with him. They had come to reached their friend and the two were sitting on the couch, waiting for Wonsik to fall asleep because he had it rough tonight.

“You shouldn’t have stopped me!”, Hongbin yelled at Hyuk. He had also been calling Taekwoon.

“It was the best thing we could have done for him. He needed space.”, Hyuk told the older man. Hongbin had went after Taekwoon but Hyuk had not let him.

Hongbin tried calling again but it always said switched off.

“Where are you Taekwoon?”, Hongbin said worried.

‘I hope you are safe’, Hyuk prayed.

 

It had been more than 2 weeks now and nobody had seen or heard about Taekwoon. The men would always go to his college and check if he was coming or not but the students there told them that they have never seen him either.

Hongbin called Taekwoon’s number everyday but it always said switched off. He had decided to send him text messages so that when he turns his phone on, he would be able to read it.

Taekwoon had left for his sister’s place after that night. His sister was working in town and was living alone and she had a spare room. When she had opened the door for Taekwoon, she was reminded of the time when her little brother had lost his hamster. He was crying so hard and his sister immediately hugged him.

“Taekwoonaa, what is it?”, She gently patted the boy on his back. “There, there. It’s ok.”

Taekwoon cried out. For someone who did not show much emotions, all the feelings he had been locking down now came out bursting and it was never stopping. His sister was very worried and even after 2 hrs of consoling, his tears were still not stopping.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Taekwoon finally stopped crying and had fell asleep on his sister’s lap. She knew that he was hurt deep inside.

~~~~

“Taekwoonaa! Wake up, you lazy pig!”, his sister shouted at him. “It has already been 2 weeks now and you still don’t want to go back to university?!”

“I want to stay here with you.”, he said waking up. “And you were the one who always nagged me to come here.”

“I did tell you to come here love but I thought you would only stay here for like a day or 2. Not this long!”

Taekwoon sighed. “But I am your brother. You have to let me stay here.”

“Listen kid, if you don’t get your back to university, I will call mom and dad and tell them you are skipping classes!”.

“Fine, fine! You win!”, The two were arguing like when they were younger. “But can I stay here with you? Uni isn’t that far from here.”

“Unless you promise you will start going back.”, she said.

“I promise!”, Taekwoon flopped back in his bed. His sister sighed and gave him a soft peck on his forehead. “Make dinner for me”, she closed the door and went to work.

Taekwoon sighed again looking out from the window. He hasn’t gone outside at all. He looked at his phone that he had switched off ever since that night. He turned it on and within minutes, so many messages came in flooding.

There were some from Wonsik. It mostly said that he was missing him and that he wanted to meet him. There was also one where he had written that he been going to the hospital with Shina and the baby was doing fine.

Taekwoon had a soft smile when he read that message. He knew from the text itself that Wonsik was happy and he also felt happy for him.

Just as he was about to check Hongbin’s messages that filled the whole screen, he got another text from him.

 

Taekwoon,

I am not sure when you will turn on your phone but I hope you do it soon.

The Universities Basketball season is starting soon and I hope you come to see one of my matches. I haven’t been able to concentrate that much for the past weeks because I have been worrying about you so much. So, if you ever read this, please just come and watch one of my matches.

I still love you very much! I am sorry for always scaring you. It’s just how I am.

I miss you!

 

Smile formed on his face as he read that. He did not reply to the text. He went back to the message screen and started reading every messages he had sent him from that night. It was like he was reading a book. At first Hongbin was asking him where he was and how he was doing, after a while, it came to him writing stuffs about what was happening in his life and now it was mostly about basketball but at the end of every messages, he always wrote that he missed him and he loved him.

Taekwoon went through his contacts and called someone.

 

“Taekwoon!”, He yelled from the other side of the phone.

“Hi”, Taekwoon smiled as he talked to him.

“How have you been Taekwoon? I miss you!”

“I am good. How are you and how is Shina?”, Taekwoon didn’t feel any pain talking to Wonsik. He had accepted it and he knew that if Wonsik was happy, he was too.

“We are good.”, there was a long silence. “Shina wants to meet you Taekwoon. I told her about you and she is very excited.”

Taekwoon widened his eyes, “Whatt?!! Why would you do that!”

“Cause that was the only thing I could have done!”

Taekwoon sighed again.

“When can we see you?”, Wonsik asked.

“I am not sure yet. But I will let you know. Please give my love to her and the baby.”

He heard Wonsik laughing a little. “Hmm.”, he nodded.

“Bye Wonsik, see you soon.”

“I miss you Taekwoon.”

“I miss you too Wonsik.”, he hung up.

 

After he had called Wonsik, he felt a little energetic so he woke up and went to shower. He spent the whole day watching tv and listening to music. In the evening, he was feeling so tired. He hasn’t done anything but cook for his sister but he still felt very tired, he needed to rest. When he went inside his blanket again, his phone rang.

It was Hongbin and Taekwoon wasn’t sure whether to pick or not but in the end, he did anyway.

“……”, Taekwoon did not say anything.

“Taekwoon?”, it was very soft. He had never heard Hongbin’s voice that soft.

“Hmmm.”, He just wanted to keep hearing that voice.

He heard Hongbin sighing in relief. “How are you?”

“I am good. How are you?”, he asked him.

“Not good.” He said and Taekwoon worried a little. “I miss you lot!”

Taekwoon smiled at his reply. He found him very cute.

“Did you get my text?”, Hongbin asked.

“I did.”, there was a long pause. “Thank you. I enjoyed reading them.”

“Ah I am glad! So umm….any plans on coming back?”, Hongbin wanted to see the man so much!

“Soon.”

“Ah alright. I will wait for you.”, Taekwoon only nodded.

There was a long silence again as the two listened to their breath through the phone.

“Well, take care of yourself Taekwoon, I will hang up now.”

Taekwoon was quite surprised that it was Hongbin who was hanging up.

“Oh ok. Take care of yourself Hongbin.”, Taekwoon said.

“I miss you”, He sighed. “I love you Taekwoon”

“Thank you Hongbin”, was all he could reply with.

 

It was after 3 days of nagging from his sister that he had decided to go back to the university. But he did not go there directly. He had first called Wonsik and had met him and his girlfriend. The two looked happy together and they said that their child will be named after Taekwoon. As much as he was honoured, he knew that they were just joking and trying to make him feel good. Taekwoon did not feel the pain of seeing them like that. Wonsik always told him how sorry he was but Taekwoon warned him that if he ever said that again, he would not come and visit them anymore. He let Wonsik know that he was fine and doing ok.

 

After he had met them, he went to the university, he had directly gone to the multimedia college and he was glad to see Jaehwan there.

Jaehwan ran to him as soon as he saw Taekwoon and hugged him.

“Where have you been?!”, he yelled. He was also worried sick about him.

Taekwoon smiled at him. “I was with my sister. Don’t look like that! I am doing fine!”, He assured Jaehwan too.

Jaehwan looked at him with guilt in his eyes, “I’m very sorry Taekwoon. It was all my fault.”

Taekwoon only shook his head. “Jaehwan, thank you, if it weren’t for you, I don’t know how long Wonsik would have hidden that. He is happy now and I cannot be happier to see him like that, so thank you!”, Taekwoon moved in to give Jaewhan an awkward hug. He hugged back.

“So, you are still available right?”, Jaehwan . “Wanna go out with me?”

Taekwoon laughed, “Jaehwan, I hope you meet a person who is as wonderful as you are.”,

Jaehwan sighed. “Why can’t it be you?”, he asked and Taekwoon just shrugged.

“Maybe, we are just not meant to be.”

“We can still be friends though right?”

Taekwoon nodded, “Yes, we can.”

 

Taekwoon was on his way back from Jaehwan’s college when he got a text from Wonsik.

 

Hongbin’s match is at 5pm at the grand court.

He really wants you to be there, Taekwoon.

You know how much he likes you.

 

Taekwoon was surprised to receive that message from Wonsik. ‘How did he know?’ was all Taekwoon could think right now. He had completely forgotten about Hongbin’s match too. He checked the time and saw that there was only about an hour for the match to start. He quickly ran to the train station and headed there. He got there at 4:45 and he saw a familiar face among the crowd.

“Hyukk!”, Taekwoon called out.

He turned to look at the direction of the voice and when he saw him, a wide smile spread on his face.

“Hey, good to see you again Taekwoon.”, Hyuk said coming closer to him. “how have you been?”

“I am good, how are you?”

“Good. Good.”, he handed Taekwoon a paper.

“What is this?”

“It’s a ticket. I am guessing you don’t have one.”, Hyuk said, placing the paper in his hand.

“What about you?” Taekwoon asked. “I can buy—“

Hyuk took out another one from his pocket, smiling brightly.

“Hongbin is going to be so happy.”

Taekwoon just blushed and the two went inside.

Taekwoons eyes searched for Hongbin as soon as he got in the court. He saw the man he had been looking for and he was somewhat near the bleacher. He quickly pulled Hyuk and went to sit there. Hyuk got the seats but Taekwoon quickly ran towards the railing in front of him.

 

“Hongbin!”, Taekwoon shouted. The man looked at the bleachers in surprise. He was seeing Taekwoon after 2 weeks. His eyes soften as he saw that Taekwoon was still as healthy as he was and looking good. He had been worried for nothing.

“Hongbin! I want to ask for the 50points deal again!”, Taekwoon could feel the stares but he ignored it.

Hongbin just smiled looking at the older man and he slowly walked near the place Taekwoon and Hyuk was at. Hongbin looked up at the direction of Taekwoon placing his hands on his waist. 

“You promise you won’t break it this time?”, He asked, his face was filled with happiness seeing the man. Taekwoon nodded. He was sure this time.

“ahhh!”, Hongbin turned around and scratched his head. He turned back a little to look at Taekwoon. “Since you have given me an awfully impossible deal, I will have to do my best to make it possible.”, It was exactly the same thing Hongbin said the first time they had made the deal.

Taekwoon smiled as he heard that. He knew it wasn’t impossible for him.

Hongbin went back to stretching his body again, he was just so happy to see Taekwoon after a long time.

The teams walked to the center of the court and Hongbin still could not leave his gaze from Taekwoon. Hongbin also saw the man looking at him and he suddenly blinked, making Taekwoon blush red. Hongbin just laughed out and the referee had to ask him if he was ok and in about few minutes after that, the game had begun.

With each shot that Hongbin kept scoring, Taekwoon’s heart beat more and more. He placed his hand on his poor heart to calm it and Hyuk just watched the older man looking at Hongbin’s every move. His eyes never left Hongbin.  

Taekwoon felt Hyuk staring at him and he turned around to look at the younger man.

“Thank you Hyuk, for always being there for Wonsik and Hongbin.”

Taekwoon gave him a soft smile and went back to watch the other man again.

Hyuk also smiled. ‘I hope you also find happiness just like Wonsik has.’

 

The game finally came to an end with Hongbin winning the deal just like when he and Taekwoon had first made. It was the start of something new.

 

 

Thank you everyone for staying with this story until the end. I hope you all have enjoyed reading it. I want to thank everyone of you who have subscribed, read and commented on this story. If it weren’t for you all, I don’t know if I would have even finished it. So thank you everyone! I hope you all enjoyed as much as I enjoyed myself writing this.

And for those who wanted Luck and Keo, I am very sorry T^T

While writing this, I fell in love with Leobin, so I had to end it with them. But Thank you anyways!