Chapter 8

The University Students

Taekwoon, Wonsik and Hyuk were in the cab with Taekwoon still sleeping. He was so exhausted. He had met so many new people in one day and had talked so much and had been kissed by someone. Hyuk looked at Taekwoon from the corner of his eyes, he saw that some of his buttons were undone. He could see Taekwoons pale skin and he blushed looking away. Wonsik placed his hands on Taekwoons forehead.

“I hope it’s not anything serious.”, He said looking at the man with soft eyes. “I have never seen him faint my whole life.”

Hyuk looked at him. “How long have you guys known each other?”

“We met in high school. I would always follow him around.”, Wonsik laughed remembering the good old days. “Taekwoon ignored me at the beginning. He said I was too annoying but somehow he came to like me and then all these happened.”, He smiled again looking at his man.

“Then why do you not want others to know that the two of you are dating?”, Hyuk had wanted to asked that earlier and he finally did.

Wonsik looked at him with his finger on his mouth. “Shhh”

Hyuk looked at him and nodded. Taekwoon was still sleeping and mumbling some alien words.

“He is very beautiful.”, Hyuk said. Wonsik glared at him.

“Don’t you dare!”

Hyuk now looked at him with an evil grin. “I don’t like getting in between people. I am not like those people.”, he said. When he meant “those”, he was thinking of Hongbin.

“But if the two of you somehow breakup, I will not stop myself.”, Hyuk said. “He is very interesting. I could look and observe him all day and never get tired.”

Wonsik rolled his eyes. “We will never breakup. I will not let that happen. You don’t know how long I tried to get him to open up with me.”

Hyuk just sighed and noticed that the cab was nearing his place.

“Sir, could you stop here?”, the car stopped and Hyuk got out.

“Well, Bro. I am gonna go now. Please take care! Good night!”

The car left and Wonsik saw Hyuk still waving at them. Wonsik let out a big sigh.

When they got home, he had to carry Taekwoon all the way to the apartment. As soon as they got home, he placed him on the bed and changed his clothes. He noticed a red mark near his collar bone.

‘What is that?’, he thought. The first thing he thought of was hickey but he knew that Taekwoon would never do that to him. ‘He must have hurt himself.’

After changing the man, he changed himself and got in the bed. He was still bothered by the mark. He kissed the mark and it deeply, making the mark bigger and noticeable. Satisfied, Wonsik hugged the man and went to sleep.

In the morning, Wonsik was the first one to wake up. He noticed that Taekwoon was still sleeping soundly. ‘He must have been very tired.’

Wonsik got ready to go to the basketball practice. He did not want the captain waiting. He was quite the scary one behind that handsome face. Wonsik kissed the sleeping man’s cheek and headed out.

Taekwoon woke up at 2pm. It was the first time he had ever slept this long. He woke up slowly, looking around the room.

‘How did I get home?’, He could not remember what had happened and how he even got home. He noticed that the man was long gone and he got up and went to check his phone. Just when he saw the time, he almost dropped his phone.

“Damn! I am late for my class!”, He said rushing to the toilet to freshen himself.

In about 15mins, he got out all ready. He quickly made the bed, got his bag and went running. The train always took about 30mins to get to school, so he knew if he takes that, he would be really late. He decided to take a cab. He got to class at 2:35pm. He was 35mins late for the class but he was relieved that the prof hadn’t said anything or given the class anything to do. He was just lecturing and he knew he could catch up on it if he asked someone for their notes. After the class, Taekwoon looked at his phone again. He had failed to noticed earlier that there were 3 missed calls from an unknown number. There was also a missed call from Wonsik. He quickly called him back, exiting the room but Wonsik wasn’t picking up. He looked at the other number. He did not recognize it so he just ignored it.

Taekwoon went to the small park near their university and sat there waiting for his next class which was at 6pm until 8pm. He rested his head on the bench. Today was different. He felt very good because he did not have to use his energy to talk to random people like he did yesterday.

Just when he was about to close his eyes, he heard the phone ringing. He quickly answered without even looking at the name.

“Wonsik, you called earlier? I was in class. Sorry”

“Ahem!”, Taekwoon heard a voice that did not belong to Wonsik.

He looked at the screen and it was from the unknown number.

“Ah, sorry. Who is this?”

“Taekwoon.”, His voice was deep and manly.

“Who is this?”, he asked again. He did not recognize the voice.

“This is Hongbin.”, the answer surprised him. ‘why is he calling me?’

“What do you want?”, He asked.

“We have a date tonight. Don’t you dare forget it.”, His voice was very authoritative. Taekwoon could not help but nod on his phone. He now remembered what had happened with him last night and he was kind of scared at the man.

“9pm. Yesterday’s place.”, He said. Taekwoon could only swallow. Before he could say anything, Hongbin had already hung up.

‘What should I tell Wonsik?’, He thought for an excuse and so he decided to go with extra class.

After his 6pm class that had ended at exactly 8pm, he texted Wonsik and told him that he had an extra class and would be late. He did not want to go to Hongbin but somehow, in the corner of his mind, he knew that if he didn’t, Hongbin would do something to him. With a heavy heart and feeling guilty for lying to Wonsik, he left for the train station. The place was at the 4th station from their university. He got in the train and stood near the door. There were many people in the train around this time. The door was about to close when Jaehwan suddenly managed to squeeze through the closing door.

Jaehwan was smiling brightly at the man who was looking at him face to face. He hadn’t even noticed it was Taekwoon.

“Hi”, he said smiling brightly.

Taekwoon ignored him turning around to break the gaze.

“You know I will keep on talking until you answer me.”, he said bringing his guitar case and placing it on the side of the door.

Taekwoon looked at him again. “What do you want?”

“How are you feeling?”, He asked, this time his face had a worried look. Taekwoon noticed.

“I am fine. Thank you for asking.”

The train suddenly stopped in the middle of the track making everyone inside move against each other. Jaehwan had almost fallen onto Taekwoon. He supported himself by placing his hand at Taekwoon’s side. Their bodies, so close together. Taekwoon had his back against the door. He could feel Jaehwans breath. He smelled good. It was the kind that Taekwoon liked. He blushed when he realized that he was unconsciously moving closer to him. Jaehwan smiled noticing that and he purposely leaned in closer.

“Do you like the way I smell?”, he asked, teasingly.

Taekwoon blushed and looked away. They were still very close to each other and Taekwoon was remembering about last night when Hongbin was also very close to him. He could only think about that forced kiss. He placed his hands on Jaehwan’s chest and pushed him away a little bit.

“Cou—could you please move a little bit.”, Jaehwan agreed. He saw that Taekwoon was getting more red and he was worried that he might faint again.

“So, where are you going?”, He asked him finally.

Taekwoon’s phone rang again. It was Hongbin. He could have ignored it because he did not want to speak in the crowded place but because of the loud sound coming from the phone, he had to answer it.

“Yes?”, he asked.

“Where are you?”, Hongbin sounded even scarier. ‘Is he angry?’, Taekwoon worried.

“I am on my way.”, He replied. ‘It’s not even 9!’, he got a little irritated.

“Be here by 9 or before.”, he commanded.

“Yes.”, Taekwoon somehow could not refuse the man. He did not know why. Was it the way he talked to him? He was very controlling.

Jaehwan looked at Taekwoon the whole time. He had seen the man flinch a couple of times talking on the phone.

“Who was that?”, Jaehwan was the type who wanted to know everything if he felt something was wrong. He did not like the way Taekwoon looked when he was answering the phone.

When Taekwoon gave him no answer, he asked again. This time, Taekwoon also got irritated with him.

“It’s none of your business.”, He rolled his eyes.

The train door lit up as it came to a stop at the 3rd station from the university. Taekwoon was supposed to get out at the next station when he was pulled and dragged. He saw the train leave.

“What the hell?!”, He yelled at Jaehwan. “This isn’t my stop.”

“Mine too.” Jaehwan laughed at the angry man. “Let’s spend some time together.”

“I cannot, I have to go somewhere.”

“Who are you meeting?” He asked.

“None of your business!”, He said again.

“Well then—“, He caught Taekwoons hand and dragged him together with him, exiting the train station.

He tried freeing himself but he was strong for a guy who looked really weak, weaker than Taekwoon himself. Jaehwan just smiled at his attempts to run away.

‘You are mine tonight.’, Jaehwan smiled at the thought.

“Are you hungry?”, He asked Taekwoon. He was. He hadn’t eaten anything since his late lunch at 4pm.

“Let me buy you dinner.”, Taekwoon was hesitant at first but he could not handle it anymore. He still had 20mins so he thought it was ok to eat something with him and leave as quickly as he can.

They ate at an open stall near the road. It was good food at a reasonable price. Taekwoon wanted to pay for himself but Jaehwan paid as he was the one who dragged him there. When they were eating, a group of kids came up to them.

“Hyung, do you play guitar?”, They asked beaming at the Jaehwan. They want to see his guitar.

“I do.”, He said smiling. “Do you want to listen?”

They nodded and Taekwoon just looked as Jaehwan opened the case and revealed his guitar. He started playing. The kids could not help but ‘wow’ at the way he played. Taekwoon also like it somehow. He was drawn to him. Jaehwan looked really good. He had a serious face and it absolutely suited him. He suddenly started singing. It was a coincidence that it happened to be Taekwoons favourite song. He stared at him. His voice was lovely and he looked really attractive.

Jaehwan could not help but smile when Taekwoon looked at him like that. He blushed a little. It was the first time he had felt like that. Even when other people were watching at him the same way as Taekwoon was, he had never felt what he was feeling. It was only after the kids had started clapping that Taekwoon came back to reality.

“Did you like it?”, Jaehwan asked him, excitedly.

He blushed. He had found him so attractive, he did not know how to answer. He just nodded. Jaehwan was happy with the reaction.

“I would sing to you every day if you loved it that much.”

Taekwoon looked away.

“That was my favourite song, by the way.”, Taekwoon did not know why he was opening up to the guy.

“Oh really?”, Jaehwan was surprised himself. “It’s one of my favourite songs too.”

Taekwoon only smiled at the response. Jaehwan smiled too.

“You know; you look so good when you smile. It’s a shame you don’t do that very often.”, Jaehwan said with a serious face.

Taekwoon blushed. “Well, I usually don’t feel comfortable smiling.”

“Why? You look so good!”

Taekwoon smiled again.

After they were done with dinner, Jaehwan dragged him again and the two started to walk side by side. While walking, they would encounter people who would ask to take pictures with Jaehwan. Taekwoon was quite surprised at his popularity.

“You are popular.”, Taekwoon blurted out making the other guy turn around.

“Hmmm.”, He winked at him. “I am. Aren’t I?”

They reached a park where there was an open podium. Jaehwan got up and asked Taekwoon to sit there.

“Any song request love?”, he asked. Taekwoon suddenly remembered about Hongbin when Jaehwan had called him ‘love’.

He looked at his phone. It was already 9:10. ‘!’

“I am sorry, I have to go!”, He stood up quickly.

“Please?”, Jaehwan looked desperate and hurt. He didn’t want Taekwoon to go. “I never see you in university and whenever I see you, you always try to run away or you are with someone else.”, he said moving towards him. Taekwoon stood there silently. He did not know whether to go or not.

“Please stay with me tonight. I will reach you home later.”, He said. Jaehwan was a nice person at heart and it was very visible from the way he treated people. Taekwoon could not help but admire that personality of his.

He sighed and nodded. It was better to stay with him than to see an angry person at the next station. Jaehwan smiled brightly and somehow, Taekwoon also felt happy seeing him like that.

“Now”, Jaehwan sighed, relieved that the man was staying. “Do you have any request?”

Taekwoon automatically replied and Jaehwan started to play his guitar and sing to him. Taekwoon felt a little weird with the way Jaehwan was looking at him while he was singing but he did not hate it. The way he looked at him was soft and loving. Like he would protect him from all the worries of the world.

When he finished singing, he dropped his guitar on the podium and moved closer to Taekwoon. He automatically clapped and smile. Jaehwan leaned down and kissed him softly on the lips. It was different from that of Hongbin, this was very gentle. It felt like he was being very careful with Taekwoon. Jaehwan blinked as he moved away. He saw Taekwoon looking back at him. He noticed Taekwoon moving towards him unknowingly and he quickly got his lips again. It was still a gentle one but a little more forceful this time. He saw Taekwoon close his eyes as their lips met. Taekwoon had his hands around Jaehwans neck. He liked this. It felt very natural and he felt like he was falling in love with this man.

As they parted the second time, Taekwoon slowly opened his eyes and saw Jaehwan looking back at him, never blinking.

“I love you Taekwoon.”