Chapter 6

The University Students

It was a very interesting match between Wonsik’s team and the other. They were going head to head and everyone in the court were enjoying it except for one person.

Taekwoon still could not believe that he had accepted the deal but since Hongbin said that scoring 50 was impossible, he felt a little relieved. He was busy looking at Wonsik and he was so proud of him. He had never seen him like this. If anything, Taekwoon thought Wonsik was a perfect human being. He was good at everything. He was great with people, with studies, sports, singing, rapping, composing and it could go on and on. Where ever Wonsik moved, Taekwoons eyes also followed him but he noticed that Hongbin would usually come and cover Wonsik from his sight.

While Taekwoon was lost in his thoughts, people started screaming and clapping. He quickly focused on the game again and saw that Hongbin had just scored yet another three-pointer. He could hear girls screaming and talking about him. He was indeed very popular. Taekwoon could not deny the fact that Hongbin was a really good looking person too. He was very handsome and had a gentle manly look with a bit of a seriousness.

It was only the start of 2nd quarter and Hongbin had already scored 28 points. Taekwoon was now a bit nervous.

‘I would have surely lost if I had accepted it at 30 points’, he thought. Good thing he hadn’t.

The court was full of people but Taekwoon was sitting all by himself because he did not want to sit with someone he didn’t know. After about 5 mins in the game, Hongbin was substituted and when he came out, he looked directly towards Taekwoon and smiled brightly. He just ignored him but the girls behind him started screaming even more.

“Oh, my god! Did you see that?? He smiled at me!!”

“NO! He smiled at me!”, the girls quarreled.

Unable to bear the screaming and yelling, Taekwoon moved himself a little further away. He continued to watch the match but occasionally, his eyes would go back to Hongbin who was now sitting at the bench with a towel on his head.

’28 points. Still 22 more to go.’, I hope he doesn’t play this quarter or the next!’, Taekwoon prayed.

Taekwoon got so excited when Wonsik scored that he stood up and started clapping like a seal. Thud! Somebody had thrown an empty bottle on his back. He turned back angrily and looked at the person who had done it.

“Yah, Jung Taekwoon!”, The culprit called. “Why the hell are you so happy about?”

It was the same person from the library. ‘What was his name again? Sanghh—? Hyuk?’ Taekwoon tried to remember but gave up when he wasn’t sure.

He glared at the man and went back to watching without answering him.

“Oh?! Are you angry?”, Hyuk came and sit near him.

“What do you want now?”

“Irritated, aren’t you?”, he teased.

“If you know it too well, why the hell are you even asking?”

“Cause I like it. Especially when you get riled up like that.”, Hyuk grinned at him. Taekwoon ignored. He saw Hongbin looking at the exact position where he was sitting earlier and when he could not find him, Hongbin looked left and right and when their eyes finally met, Taekwoon could not help but try to hide a smile forming on his face. Hongbin looked at him and smiled too.

Hyuk was confused at Taekwoon who had suddenly started smiling and he looked to the direction of the source.

His evil grin coming out, “Hongbin?”, he asked.

“Hmm?”, Taekwoon looked at him confused. “What?”

“Do you like him?”, Hyuk was observing Taekwoon’s every behavior.

“What? NO!!”

“Then why are you smiling at him like that?”

“It’s none of your business.”, Taekwoon ignored him yet again. “Can you please keep quiet? I need to watch the match.”

“Hongbin is really good at basketball, you know.”, Hyuk went on ignoring Taekwoons request for him to be quiet.

“I know.”, he replied harshly.

“In every game, he can score up to 60+ points”

“WHAT????!!!!”, Taekwoon yelled, his eyes wide open.

“He is the best player in our university. I am surprised you didn’t know that.”, Hyuk said in disappointment. “Were you living in a cave all this time?”

“But—he said even scoring 50 was impossible.”

“Pffssh! 50 is nothing for him. If he was allowed to play all the quarters, which he usually doesn’t get to, I am sure he will even score more than 100 points himself. He is that good!”

Hyuk, somehow knew a lot about him.

“But—“

“He made a deal with you?”, Hyuk looked at him smiling. “Poor you. You are in great trouble love.”

The whistle blew and it was the end of 2nd quarter. Wonsik looked for Taekwoon and when he could not find him, he gave him a quick call. Taekwoon immediately answered and told him where he was sitting at.

“Is that Hyuk with you?” he asked.

“you know him?”,Taekwoon replied.

“How do you know him?”

When Taekwoon was about to answer, Wonsik had to hang up cause the coach was discussing their next tactics. Their team was winning by a big margin though.

“You know Wonsik also?” Taekwoon heard it but he was too annoyed to answer. The guy was just too irritating.

“Wait! Don’t tell me you are his boyfr—?”

Taekwoon quickly turned and glared at him. Hyuk was a little surprised but he was very intrigued. Taekwoon saw his face getting more and more evil. He wanted to wipe that stupid grin off his face.

“So, you are the love of his life that he has been telling us about.”

“Are you friends with Wonsik?”, Taekwoon asked him. “And he told you?!”

“He did not really tell us it was you but just the way you look at him is very different from how we look at our friends.”

‘Indeed a psychology student”, Taekwoon shook his head rubbing his temple.

“Who else knows?”, Taekwoon asked.

“The guy you were looking at earlier.”, he pointed at Hongbin. “You are his next target.”

“I am not!!”, He shouted back.

“Well you are going to be. After all, you fell for his dirty tricks”

Taekwoon could not believe that these two were Wonsik’s friends. His kind and lovely Wonsik had some very evil friends.

The match went on and on and the two of them were still together with Hyuk teasing Taekwoon too much. Hongbin had already scored around 43 points and they were now playing the last quarter. As much as Taekwoon wanted him to not score the 50 points, whenever Hongbin got the ball, instead of shooting, he would always pass it and let someone score it. Taekwoon, instead of feeling relieved, felt a little disappointed.

‘Is he not interested in me anymore?’, he thought. He quickly shook his head when he realized he should actually be happy about it. ‘What the hell am I thinking?’

Hongbin had noticed how Taekwoon reacted when he let someone else score. He saw a disappointed look on his face and he was very pleased.

‘It’s not over yet love.’, he thought.

There was only about 2 mins more to finish and it was now his time to win the deal. He started scoring more and more and when he finally scored his 50th points, he immediately looked up at Taekwoon and smile.

“You and Me.”, Taekwoon gulped when he read the movement of Hongbins lips.

“Well.”, Hyuk patted his back. Everyone was now standing and leaving. “You lost the bet. Don’t let Wonsik know about this.”

Taekwoon bit his lips and watched the man leave. He saw Hongbin still looking at him and grinning. Taekwoon was not very happy.

Well, at least that was how he thought he felt.