Decipher Me (Ailee x Jungkook)

It Takes Two

I'm super excited for this story because not only did Nursyamimivip give me the pairing and prompt, she also gave me a poster for the story! I want to thank her for being so amazing and sweet with me. I really appreciate all the comments and positivity you send my way. With that I hope I do your prompt justice! 

So this will definitely be an AU and it's going to be based off of various shows and other pairings I love. For this story Jungkook will be older, so instead of 19 he'll be 21. Ailee will remain the same age at 27. MIGHT change the prompt a little!

Prompt:

Darling, you're so fake

You think you know me? Think again.

-

-

-

The whiteboard at the center of the room was filled with information and as he scans it he can't help but feel proud. Pushing back his hair he leans on a nearby chair and savors the moment of another completed case in less than twenty-four hours.

The moment is short lived as a file is placed on his desk with a loud thud. He knows it's his captain and turns to face him, prepared to hear a new case, but the words that come out of his captains mouth are not what he was expecting.

"Found you a partner." Jungkook stares at him in disbelief, opening and closing his mouth as if not sure of what to say as the captain continues, "Thought you'd like to look at her file before she gets here.'

"But, Sir," Jungkook protests regaining his composure, "I work alone. I don't need a partner."

The captain gives him a stern glare. "Go home and rest. She'll be here tomorrow morning." Jungkook knows that look well and knows it's final. As the captain walks away he glares at the back of his head before letting out a sigh in defeat.

He stares at file on his desk before opening it. 

Amy Lee

The name sounds familiar but he gives it no more thought. Opening a drawer, he shoves the file in and closes it forcefully. He does not need a partner. As he takes another glance at his whiteboard he grows determined to not work with this Amy Lee.

-

He enters his office and immediately spots her. She's all curves and beautiful hair and writing on his board.

He all but rushes over plucking the marker out of her hand. "No, no, and no! This is my board."

She turns, straightening as she eyes him up and down. He feels the sudden urge to stand straighter and look more intimidating. She's clearly a bit older than him and he ignores the burning at the back of his neck that comes from her gaze.

"Our board," she finally says taking back the marker. She extends her hand out for him to shake and with a smile introduces herself, "Amy Lee."

He ignores her extended hand instead reaching for the marker. She allows him to take it and focuses on the papers on the desk.

"Well Detective Jungkook," he raises his eyebrow at hearing his name, "you work with me now."

Taking another marker she continues her writing on the board ignoring his death glare.

-

"If you don't want your new partner, can I have her?"

Jungkook rolls his eyes already hating the conversation that will start. Jimin simply laughs at his reaction before continuing, "I'm joking. But in all seriousness I can't believe you get to work with Amy Lee."

This catches Jungkook's attention and he finds himself thinking about why the name sounds so familiar.

"She's the best of the best," Jimin adds seeing the interest in his friend. "Completes every single case in record time, can track down any target, and she does it all alone."

"Well maybe she should go back to that," Jungkook retorts, wishing the conversation would end.

"And," Jimin says ignoring his comment, "she's absolutely gorgeous."

Before he can reply a laugh echoes through the hallway. An adorable laugh that catches his attention. Standing up from his seat at the break room he leans out of the door and looks around for the source. Another laugh makes him look at the room down the hall. He walks toward the room and spots Amy sitting on a desk with a charming smile and an incredibly distracting tight pencil skirt. 

He finds himself smiling slightly despite himself as she talks and brushes a hair strand away. The happy feeling doesn't last long though as he realizes that it's the first time in weeks of working together that he's seen her laugh. 

He turns to the source of her laughter and realizes that it's none other than Namjoon. Although the two aren't close they have the same circle of friends. As she laughs again and Namjoon gets closer he feels the urge to rush in and push them away. The sudden feelings of anger and possessiveness should worry him but he doesn't seem to care as he walks over to the office. Jimin watches him with interest deciding not to hold back his friend.

"What are you doing?" His harsh tone surprises him and by the look on her face it surprises her too. 

"I was looking for some files and you weren't here so-"

"So she asked me to help," Namjoon cuts in holding out a file to show him. He glares at him before pulling the file out of his hands. Namjoon begins to protest but he ignores him. 

"I'm her partner. I'll do it."

He refuses to look at Amy who is watching him with confusion. Reaching for her hand he pulls her near him and with a final glare at Namjoon, walks out hand in hand with Amy.

As they near their shared office Amy let's go of his hand and pushes him away. "What was that?"

He ignores her instead settling into his desk and opening up the file. He refuses to answer her question because he doesn't know the answer himself.

"Are you just going to ignore me now? Is that all you can do because I-"

"You're so fake. Do you know that?" 

He looks up and watches her carefully. She's caught off guard by his comment and he wants to kick himself for saying it. He just doesn't know what to tell her so instead he resorts to his harsh defensive ways.

"Are you really one to talk about ignoring? You've been ignoring me just as much these past weeks and today you're busy talking and laughing with another detective. You are my partner."

The last part catches her attention. Was that jealousy she was hearing? She shakes her head clearing of the thought and instead walks closer to his desk. He watches as she gets closer and almost pushes himself away when she leans her head down near him. 

"Do you really think you know me? Think again." She watches as he squirms slightly at the closeness and with a sigh pushes herself back. Standing straight and with her hand on her hip she continues. "Have you bothered getting closer to me, partner?"

A knock on the door forces him to stand and as he opens the door he can't help but be thankful for Jimin.

"You left this in the break room when you ran out."

His thankfulness for his friend is gone in a second as he grabs his stuff and shoves him out. Amy watches with amusement as he takes his seat again completely flustered and adorable.

-

It becomes a game between them. Trying to decipher each other's words and actions, both trying to learn more about the other. He refuses to admit he's losing.

"Do you really need to be dressed like that?"

He hears her laugh and despite his tone finds himself smiling because he managed to make her laugh. 

"Do you like it?"

He continues walking, forcing himself to not look at her and her very distracting outfit. She really shouldn't be allowed to wear such a tight black dress that barely leaves anything to the imagination. "Anyways it helped me get the information we needed, didn't it?"

He nods his head grudgingly and she smirks. "Jealous?"

He scoffs walking faster to reach his car. Even if he doesn't want to look at her he waits holding the passenger door open for her. 

"Such a gentleman."

-

He had always thought he was the best but she continues to prove him wrong. She completes cases faster than he has ever done and with such precision that he can't help but be jealous.

As the weeks turn into months the two fall into a routine. He greets her each morning with coffee and she brings him breakfast. 

She rarely uses her own desk instead moving her to chair to sit across from him in his desk. He allows her to do all the writing on their white board as he walks around the room giving her details. The room that was once completely dark and quiet is now filled with splashes of color from her jackets and shoes, her laughter now filling the room. Her presence alone radiates in the once dull room and he hates the days she's not there. For once he's thankful for his captain's decisions.

He watches from the observation room as she interrogates a new suspect and can't help but wonder if the suspect himself isn't captivated by her. 

"Only observing?"

Jimin stands next to him with a teasing smile but for once it doesn't bring his mood down.

"I thought you didn't like others interrogating your suspects."

"She's my," he hesitates a bit, "partner. Of course she'd interrogate the suspect."

Jimin nodded grinning smugly. "What happened to working alone?"

He ignores the question instead turning back to watch Amy. 

"You like her."

Before he can deny it she taps on the mirror indicating she's done and a confession has been given. 

"That's ridiculous."

"Whatever you say."

He turns to leave but Jimin calls him out once more.

"You should tell her. You never know what might happen."

-

It's their anniversary.

Or at least that's what she tells him when she walks into the office. 

"I can't believe it's been a year already," he says more to himself than her.

"A year since you got the privilege of working with me," she replies earning an eye roll from him. "Which by the way reminds me," she pauses pulling out a file from her purse, "here's yesterday's case report. Think of it as an anniversary gift."

He takes the file with a smile. "I could kiss you."

"Maybe later," she replies cheekily with a small blush. 

-

Later almost doesn't come.

They head out to catch a suspect and are greeted by gunfire. He pushes her down, taking the lead and closing in on the building. She follows closely behind until she notices the suspect rushing in another direction. Ignoring his yells of staying back she rushes after the suspect. 

She's fast and soon she's tackling the suspect who is double her size. She doesn't care though, she's been trained to deal with worse. Her gun is lost in the process but Jungkook is behind her immediately with his gun. He shoots but is a fourth of a second late.

He watches as the suspect collapses next to her and rushes immediately to her. She's grabbing her side and the sight of blood almost drives him insane. He can barely breathe properly as he pleads for help to arrive faster. He's pulled away forcefully by paramedics as they take over, some watch him with sympathy and others just stare already used to the scene. 

He follows behind them and waits to hear from the doctor. Jimin arrives an hour later having heard what had happened and he accepts the company of his friend. 

Silence fills the waiting room as he pushes the feeling of emptiness in his chest away. 

He needs his partner.

-

He almost collapses when he hears she's okay. There's not enough words to thank the doctor and Jimin is forced to stop him from talking. 

"Don't you want to see her?"

He nods at his friend and follows the nurse to the room where she reminds him that Amy is still in pretty bad condition and recovery will be slow. He doesn't care though. She's okay and that's all that matters.

He takes a deep breath before entering the room and is surprised to see her awake.

"Hey partner."

She turns to look at him and smiles. The emptiness in his chest goes away as her smile fills him with joy. 

"Hey"

He pulls a chair next to her and takes a seat. She closes her eyes slightly and he takes the moment to look her over. Even injured and tired she still looks beautiful.

"Do I need to tell you how monumentally stupid that was?"

She gives a soft laugh but quickly grimaces in pain. He's up and by her side immediately asking what he can do for her. She stares at his face so close to hers and smiles.

"That kiss doesn't sound so bad right now."

He's caught off guard for a moment, but only a moment, because soon his lips are on hers. As they separate he rests his forehead on hers.

"Marry me"

She looks up at him in surprise, "What?"

It wasn't planned. He hadn't even fully accepted his feelings before today.

Except he had.

He had long accepted the fact that he loved her and he needed her with him. The days circumstances had only proven it more. 

If he had managed to decipher anything over the past year it was that he wanted to be with her forever. And the more he thought of it, the more he wanted it.

"Marry me. Let me learn everything about you."

His words take her back to the day she realized he was jealous. To the day she couldn't help but love the way he looked at her as more than just a partner. As she looks into his eyes she weakly pulls him back down to her and kisses him soundly.

She pulls back and whispers her answer, "yes."

"Good or else that kiss would have been quite awkward." She laughs softly ignoring the pain surging through her body but he takes notice.

"Rest up. We'll be having a lot of time to catch up from now on."

She smiled thinking about it and with a quick kiss on her forehead, left her to rest. His partner for life. 

-

-

-

I'm honestly so amazed at finishing this in two days! It's based off of various shows such as Doctor Who, Criminal Minds, I Can Hear Your Voice, and more! I hope you guys enjoyed it. It's definitely much longer than others but I just couldn't picture it being shorter.

Nursyamimivip I hope I did the prompt justice!

Next Pairings

Ailee x Mino