The Wrong Time (Ailee x JB)

It Takes Two

Update time!

HannaRye requested Ailee x JB, angst + fluff! I'm pretty excited for it because I haven't done any angst yet so I'll do my best.. This will be based off a few fancams that I managed to find. Thanks for the request!

I have a feeling this chapter will be pretty short but I'll do my best to make it longer. Let's get to it!

-

-

2012

Many times the leads in dramas will develop feelings for each other. It shouldn't be a surprise since they spend so much time together acting like they're in love. In JB's case it was different. He fell for the new rookie who debuted at the same time as Dream High 2 aired. 

Ailee wasn't the female lead but he spent most of his time on set with her. Her character had a small love line with his close friend Junior and it helped as an excuse to get closer to her. Junior became his wingman and the two became close friends.

2014

As the years went by they debuted as part of Got7. The popularity of the new group helped them have more opportunities to be together and soon they were dating in secret, completely ignoring his dating ban. Ailee got close to all s and they all loved her as an older sister. 

They used every opportunity they got to get closer. Immortal Song allowed them to appear on the same episode together and they used the opportunity to really cheer for each other, not realizing it would be their last. 

2015

It was interesting how things could change so much in a year. How the things most important to you could disappear. How the person you love could be forced out of your life.

It was bound to happen soon. The dating ban was three years and it would be hard to keep his relationship a secret from the agency for so long.

He was given an ultimatum: remain with Ailee or leave. 

For a moment he thought about leaving. He could join a new agency, be put in a new group, and most importantly he could remain with her. But she refused. 

He begged for her to listen to him. He was a mess as he paced back and forth in her studio trying to control his emotions. One glance at her was all it took for him to yell out in frustration

She remained still, silent tears threatening to fall. She couldn't allow him to leave the group, not when he'd worked so hard to get where he was. His fans and group members needed him. She wasn't worth losing that.

They stood in silence, both afraid to look at the other in fear of breaking down. With a sigh Jaebum asked her if that was her final answer. She nodded, a tear escaping her eye. He shook his head in disbelief and with a final look at her, walked out of the studio. She allowed the tears to fall but refused to cry out, convinced that he'd made the best decision.

He ignored their sympathetic glances when he arrived back at their dorm. Instead he walked to his shared room and slammed the door. They looked at each other and pretended not to hear the cries that echoed through the dorm.

-

They were going to see each other sooner or later. They'd broken up in the middle of the year and preparations for the year end shows were beginning. They were going to spend a lot of time nearby in the next few months. 

KBS Song Festival brought them together. She was posing on the red carpet, unaware that before her had been Got7 and they were currently backstage. She was directed to the back and with a smile headed over there. 

She recognized him immediately. He was the closest one to the entrance and even with his back turned she knew it was him. She thought about turning back but Yugyeom spotted her first. 

"Ailee sunbaenim!"

They clapped and cheered with wide smiles. Jackson extended his hand to her and pulled her closer. She smiled, genuinely happy to see them after such a long time. But she didn't miss the way his body tensed. She stood next to him trying to ignore the pain she felt as he quietly made his way to the other side of the table. She wanted to reach out to him, pull him back to her but instead simply stood there.

"Should I stay? Because I could just-" 

They immediately urged her to stay as they made space for her to get closer and gave her a mic. Being with them brought back happy memories and she laughed whole heartedly with them. 

Behind her JB watched silently. He longed to be the one next to her making her happy. Her laugh filled him with sadness and for the first time in months he allowed himself to think about her.

They only stayed a few seconds and soon were heading out. He watched as she high fived Jr and waved to the rest. He followed behind them turning slightly to bow. They made eye contact and even though it was only a fraction of a second both could see something was there.

Jackson was the last to leave as he picked up a plant and handed it to Ailee.

"I'm your fan"

She laughed and gave a quick thanks. They locked eyes and he nodded slightly before leaving off with a laugh. She placed the plant down before turning her attention back to the cameras, suddenly feeling better about the whole situation.

-

He felt frustrated. Months had gone by with him refusing to think about her but now... she had taken over his thoughts. He replayed the encounter over and over again, thinking about how he had moved away from her. It had killed him to move away and he realized just how much he missed her by his side. How much he needed her.

She was awake when she received a message. Without looking at the sender she opened the message.

Two years. Please wait for me.

She didn't have to check to know who the message was from. Setting down her phone she stared at the wall in front of her in complete disbelief. Tears welled up in her eyes as she repeated the words quietly to herself. As it sunk in she finally let out a soft cry.

He paced back and forth through the dorm as s watched him. Had he made the right decision? He knew he meant what he had said. Waiting two years was nothing to him if the reward was their relationship. A small vibration alerted him to a new message and he fumbled nervously as he opened the message.

I'll wait

He re-read the message over and over again before letting out a laugh. The members watched him in confusion, it had been a while since he'd been so happy. He didn't notice, too busy grinning from ear to ear.

They had come together at the wrong time but the love they had for each other was still there. And that was all that mattered.

-

-

-

Had a bit of a hard time coming up with the ending but I hope you guys like it! Thanks so much to everyone commenting on the stories. I know I say thank you a lot but I'm seriously grateful for you all!

Next pairings

Ailee x Jimin

Ailee × Jungkook

Ailee × Eric Nam

I've been getting a lot of comments for another Ailee x Eric Nam fic and it makes me happy to see others who ship them as much as me! I'll try to work on all these others first though so I hope you guys can be patient with me.