Not-a-Couple (Ailee x Eric Nam)

It Takes Two

So I've been getting lots of requests for another Ailee and Eric Nam one shot and I thought why not? They're absolutely adorable together! So thanks to Princesssenpaii, Nireveon04, and SweetArmy!

Based off of another short imagine I did of Eric Nam and also on Amber and Ailee's One Fine Day where they totally matched and denied wanting to look like a couple! 

-

-

"Ah go change your clothes!"

"Why did you copy me?"

Ailee stared at her friend in disbelief. The two had brought matching fur coats to their planned snow day with friends.

"I don't want to look like a couple with you!" Eric yelled out at her as he caught up with the group.

"Ahh this is driving me crazy," she replied laughing. The group of friends consisting of Amber, Kevin, Jackson, Jimin and Peniel watched with smiles as their two friends acted like little kids. It was something common as the pair spent a lot of time together.

"I know you love me but I didn't know you would go this far."

Ailee scoffed before grabbing some snow and throwing at it him. "Love you? As if!"

He turned to look at her pretending to be hurt and immediately bent down to grab some snow. She was prepared for it and ducked the moment he threw it at her.

"Missed me!" She yelled out making a run for it. Eric watched her with a smile before following. The two ran together forgetting all about their friends, too busy in their own little world. 

"I'm gunna get you!"

She let out a giggle as he grabbed her by the arm and spun her around. He lost his balance and they landed side by side. They remained there waiting for their laughter to subside. Whenever they thought it was over, one look was all it took to get them laughing again. 

He sat up first and watched her as she played with the snow trying to make a snow angel. "Wow..."

"What?" She asked turning to look at him. 

"We really do act like a couple."

They stared at each other before bursting out in laughter. He stood up and offered her his hand which she took with a smile. 

"There you are love birds"

They turned to look at their friends who'd caught up with them, both rolling their eyes in the process. Before anyone could say anything else Ailee changed the conversation and soon the focus was back on the snow.

The group made sure to make the best of their day off. Eric, Jackson, and Peniel decided to make a snow man while the girls hiked around the area looking for a good place to sled. Once they'd found a good place that assured no one would get hurt -Amber pretended to cough *Peniel* - they went looking for the guys.

They arrived to Jackson and Peniel arguing, the latter having apparently ruined the snowman, and soon Peniel was grudgingly building the snowman again with Jackson supervising him. Eric who'd been hiding behind the snowman the entire argument brightened hearing Ailee's laugh and was quickly by her side.

"So did you girls find a good spot?"

"Yup. There's a spot behind the cabin we're staying at."

He nodded before pulling her away using the excuse that they were going to get the sleds. 

Jimin turned to Amber and they shared a knowing look. "Do they really not notice how obvious they are?"

Amber shrugged as they watched the happy pair walk away together, bumping into each other occasionally from how close they were. "They'll realize it soon. For now let's go get the guys."

-

"The hot chocolate is ready!"

Everyone ran towards the cabin where Jimin waited for them with mugs. Even though she was the baby of the group she tended to act like the mother. They thanked her, each taking a mug, and settling down to play board games. As Jimin, Amber, Jackson, and Peniel got more into the game, Eric excused himself to go to the restroom while Ailee chose to go outside and watch the snow fall.

Jackson, who had been the first to lose, watched with amusement as Eric came back from the restroom and immediately began to look around the room. He smirked, sitting up straighter, "She's outside."

That got the attention of the rest who looked up in time to see Eric letting out a sigh of annoyance at being caught. "Thanks."

They chuckled watching him take his mug before heading outside.

-

She stood with her back facing him and he instinctively smiled, his mind telling him to get closer. He realized just how much he wanted to wrap his arms around her waist. How much he wanted to pull her closer. How much he wanted to tell her he loved her. 

They were right. He was absolutely in love with his best friend.

She stood watching the light snow fall, her hair adorned with specks of snow, and he resisted the urge to run his fingers through her hair. Instead he moved to her side. "Hey there copycat."

She turned, a teasing smile on her lips, and he felt the urge to lean in. "You're the one who copied me. I was dressed first."

"I wore the coat yesterday so I think we know you copied."

She didn't answer, instead she looked down and laughed. 

"I'll take that as a yes."

She opened to reply but a cold breeze made her shiver. He thought about getting closer to her but worried that she wouldn't like it. As he battled with what to do, she moved in closer to him and settled her head on his shoulder.

He froze, afraid any movement would make her move away. Carefully he lifted his arm and placed it on her shoulder, pretending to be focused on his hot chocolate. Smiling she snuggled closer to him and he let his arm lower onto her waist. She closed her eyes focusing on his breathing and in the moment was worried she was dreaming.

He thought about how she had been the one to get closer and for a second he began to think she might like him too. That second was all it took for him to make a decision.

"Go on a date with me."

It was a whisper but she heard it. Opening her eyes she lifted her head to look at him. They made eye contact and she could see he was serious. The thought of ruining their friendship came to mind but the thought of saying no hurt more because she knew she loved him. 

"Okay"

She felt his grip on her waist tighten as he pulled her closer into a hug. "Can this count as our first date?"

She laughed whole heartedly. "First of many?"

He smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead. "First of many"

Inside their friends watched them with smiles. They weren't sure exactly what had happened but it was clear that the "not-a-couple" was definitely a couple.

-

-

-

This was supposed to be uploaded last week but I got sick and just wasn't feeling good enough to sit down and think which explains why it's not that good. But I hope you guys enjoy it!

Also Ailee completely slayed me with "If You" and her performance on Immortal Song. Her voice is on point as always! Such a queen! If you haven't seen it check it out!

Next Pairings

Ailee x Jungkook

Ailee x Mino

*A bit random but I thought I'd be cool to share some things about me because I want to get to know all my subscribers! So here are some random things about me and I hope you guys comment some of yours down below!

1. I'm  17 (I'll be 18 next month)

2. I graduated high school this summer

3. I work as a Dental Assistant

4. I have three younger brothers (I'm the only girl)

5. My ultimate bias group is SHINee with Jonghyun being my ultimate bias!

6. Ailee is my favorite solo artist and I just love her to bits!

7. I'm not too confident with my writing

So there's that! I was gunna do 10 but I didn't know what else to write haha! Can't wait to read your comments!