Between the Lines (Ailee x Xiumin)

It Takes Two

Prompt: Saying "I love you" without actually saying it.

So I actually wrote a different story for this pairing but half way through I realized I didn't like it so I deleted it and decided on this. Once again I'm not the best writer but I try my best so I hope you guys like it!

Special thanks to MeganNicole for commenting and recommending this pairing!

-

Minseok never grew up hearing those words.  

He never even realized the importance of them. Movies and stories always described the way those words could cause an impact but he had yet to experience it for himself. He didn't feel the desire to use them.

She understood it perfectly and instead focused on what was being said between the lines.

 -

I made you lunch. Eat up because you have a busy schedule today.

She smiled at her phone and walked to the front door of her apartment, opening it to find the lunch he'd prepared. Picking it up she noticed there was a note attatched.

Remember to take breaks between rehearsals.

Taking the note she stacked it with the rest on her living room table. Taking a look into the bag she couldn't help but notice he'd included some of her favorite snacks. Happily she grabbed a few last things and headed out the door to her car. Before she could start it another text message entered.

Drive safe.

With a quick thank you text she made her way to the studio where she would be busy rehearsing all day. He was just as busy and it made her feel lucky to have someone who cared so much. As usual his notes and texts gave her the energy to go through rehearsals with a big smile. 

It didn't surprise her when she took a break and saw another message.

Stay hydrated and rest your throat. Don't overwork yourself.

She held back a smile and typed a response. You too mister. I better not see you later with no energy.

His response came quick. Sorry I won't be able to come over later because of concert rehearsals. 

Her smile faltered but before she could text back another message came in. But I'll call you.

Just the thought of hearing his voice made her beam with excitement. Okay. I'll be waiting for your call. Love you.

This time there was no reply and she gave a small sigh. Looking at the lunch next to her she knew he was already expressing his feelings. But sometimes it was hard to pretend she didn't want to hear them. Instead of focusing on it too much she stood up and prepared to get back to work, taking one last glance at his messages.

It was tiring to arrive so late and all she wanted to do was sleep. But the promise of a call kept her up. So instead she made herself a cup of coffee and headed to her room where she the tv and forced herself to stay awake. 

It didn't take too long before her phone started ringing and she eagerly reached over to the nightstand to pick it up.

How was your day?

Just hearing those words made her relax. She told him about the new routine she learned, the new songs she was working on, and the fun moments between the dancers. He smiled as he listened and would hum to assure her that he was still there. And when she asked about his day he was glad to know she cared just as much. He talked about his upcoming concert and the struggle of perfecting the dance that he had helped choreograph. She listened carefully, offering words of encouragement and praise when he expressed doubts on his work.

They continued talking and soon he realized that she was falling asleep. He paused mid sentence and just listened. It was barely audible but he could hear her soft and calm breaths as she fell deeper into sleep. He didn't know how long he stayed there listening to her but in that one moment he felt the urge to say something. As their breathing became one the importance of the words finally registered and he smiled shyly...

...I love you 

-

-

-

-

So definitely shorter than the last one but I realized that I prefer having a short story that I like over a long one that I don't even know what I'm writing about. So yeah the stories will probably vary in length but I hope you enjoy the content!

Hope to hear some feedback and other ideas for the next pairing!

POSTER CREDIT TO