What You Don't See (Ailee x D.O)

It Takes Two

SweetArmy requested Ailee x D.O so I'm excited for this chapter. Thank you for all your comments and I hope you like this.

So the idea for this came from a random thought I had while at work. It's a bit of a jumbled mess because I wrote in short time but I still hope you enjoy it.

**I'm going to be using italics to show past moments so keep that in mind!**

Prompt: AU. Amy and Kyungsoo are dating but sometimes she can't help but feel like he doesn't care. Baekhyun decides to save the day and remind Amy that Kyungsoo shows he loves her all the time, even when she doesn't see it.

Starts off with the past and then switches to the present! I hope it's not too confusing.

-

Kyungsoo had totally fallen for the cute girl at the flower shop.

He had been on his way home from work when he spotted her. Short wavy hair and a smile that captivates him, she's just perfect. Making a detour he heads toward the flower shop that she's standing in front of.

He stops a few feet away and admires the way she delicately arranges some flowers, brushing away a loose hairstrand. Standing so close only confirms her beauty, just so... beautiful.

"Yes, they are." The warm voice startles him and he looks up, alert. 

"Yeah," he mumbles shyly.

"What can I get for you today?" She asks smiling brightly at him. 

An internal panic takes over him as he grabs at the back of his neck. "I'll... take... a... umm a bouquet of roses." It's a jumbled mess but she understands and nods with a smile, ushering him into the small shop. 

He takes the time to compose himself, switching from looking at the flowers to her. "I'm Kyungsoo," he finally says as she hands him the bouquet. "Yejin, but please call me Amy. I don't use my korean name much."

He nods. "They're both beautiful."

Bowing she gives him a thanks and he hands her the money to pay. "It was nice meeting you Kyungsoo. I hope to see you around in the future."

"Likewise."

It isn't until he arrives home that he realizes that he doesn't know what to do with the flowers. Placing them on his empty kitchen table he can't help but notice the way they immediately brighten up the place. 

The next day he finds himself back at the flower shop... and the next... and the next.

She waits for him with a smile, watching with curiosity as he takes his time choosing what he wants, both occasionally catching the other staring. Kyungsoo who had never been one for talking found himself opening up, her cheery personality a contrast from his. 

"I hope I don't bother you all the time with my visits."

"Of course not," she replies arranging his current bouquet. "It's nice to have a new friend."

Friend. 

It makes him excited to know she thinks of them as friend. Except he didn't really like the term friend... so he decided girlfriend would be better. 

And to his delight, she loved it too.

 

"Knock, Knock."

The recognizable voice brought a smile to Amy's face as she turned around to greet her visitor.

Standing at the door of the floral shop is none other than her close friend Baekhyun, two drinks in his hands. Quickly she ushers him inside and seeing no customers, changes the sign on the door to Closed. It's been a while since they last catched up and she didn't want anyone to interrupt.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked as he put the drinks down along with a bag. A quick glance inside tells her it's pastries and she quickly thanks him. "You didn't need to bring me anything."

He simply ignored her as he pushed the drink toward her. She smiled gratefully before leading him to the back garden that was connected to the shop. "It's been a while. Any reason for the sudden visit?"

He feigned a hurt expression. "Can't I visit my future sister-in-law?" She simply rolled her eyes, ignoring the sudden warmness in her cheeks. "Is everything okay?"

That got her attention. She loved Baekhyun but he wasn't exactly known as the serious type. "I'm doing good. Business isn't too bad."

"Has Kyungsoo come by?"

She paused briefly before letting out a sigh. She should have guessed the visit would be about her boyfriend. 

"I'm sure he's just busy," she finally says, a hint of sadness in her voice that does not go unnoticed. 

"That's not an excuse for him not to come."

She focused her attention on her drink as Baekhyun thought over his next words carefully. It was clear the couple were going through a rough patch in their relationship and he wanted to help. Kyungsoo had changed for the better with the help of Amy and he refused to think about the possibility of them separating. It was a simple problem of miscommunication.

"Did you know that Kyungsoo was almost fired from his job when he first met you?"

Amy looked up in confusion at her friend. "What?"

Baekhyun took it as a no and continued. "He would leave work early or take too long during his lunch to visit you."

 

"Get out of work early?" she commented as he entered the shop an hour earlier than expected.

"Yeah," he replied and once she was gone whispered to himself, "Something like that."

"That's nice. Gives you time to rest."

He nods as she joins him at his side. "Anything I can help you with?"

There's a small boutique of lavender roses that catches his attention and he gestures to them. "Those are very nice."

Upon spotting them she gives a soft smile. "They are, some of my favorites. Did you know that lavender roses are used to express love at first sight? They're a nice reminder of love and eagerness to grow a relationship."

Perfect, he thinks to himself. "I'll take those." 

He gives her the money but when she holds the bouquet out to him he doesn't take them. "They're for you."

"Me?" The surprise in her face is clear and he knows he's made a good decision.  

"Yes, as a reminder of our growing relationship."

 

"He didn't care though," Baekhyun continued, "he loved coming to see you." She remains silent, her thoughts somewhere else. "I remember when you first started dating. He felt the need to tell the entire world." 

A small smile tugs at her lips and he quickly continued. "You were all he talked about. Still does of course."

 

"Did I mention I have a girlfriend?"

The group of friends groan in unity as Kyungsoo looks at them weirdly. They were happy for him, they hadn't expected the shyest of the group to get a girlfriend before them, but they were ready to leave if he mentioned it one more time.

"Yes, yes you did. You're dating the girl from the flower shop," Jongin replies for the group.

"Her name is-"

"Amy! Yes her name is Amy. You told us already."

"Jealous?"

Jongin simply rolls his eyes before returning to his previous conversation with Chanyeol. "What were you saying?"

"I was thinking we could go get some korean barbecue later and-"

"Amy loves korean barbecue."

He's left alone in the living room but he doesn't care. Its a perfect time to call her.

 

She let's out a soft laugh and he can't help but feel accomplished.

"Kyungsoo is quite adorable when he's jealous."

Amy sits up straighter and looks at him expectantly, curious as to what he's going to say next.

"Just last week he spent the whole day pouting."

 

It's just a customer.

He repeats it over and over again as he makes his way into his shared apartment with Baekhyun. 

"Hey Kyungsoo."

"What do you want?"

His harsh tone surprises Baekhyun and he turns to find his friend mumbling to himself. 

"Are you okay?"

"Guys like to make girls laugh to get their attention right?"

Baekhyun looks at his friend in confusion before shrugging. "Not all the time but yeah, I guess. Girls like humor."

Kyungsoo glares at him and Baekhyun takes a step back. "Did I say something wrong?"

Instead of replying Kyungsoo returns to his previous mumbling. "He should of just bought the flowers and left. No point in flirting."

The pieces come together and Baekhyun has to hold in his laughter. Kyungsoo is jealous of a customer.

"I'm sure she didn't flirt back."

For a moment Kyungsoo had forgotten he wasn't alone. Standing abruptly he ignores the smile on his friends face and heads off to his room. 

Finally alone he glances at a mirror and begins to repeat the words. 

It's just a customer.

 

"He's not the best at expressing his feelings in person," Baekhyun concludes, "but he does love you."

Amy sits in silence, her mind full of thoughts. After a few moments she finally speaks. "Thank you." He gives a small nod and the two sit together in silence.

They're interrupted by Amy's phone, a small message. Dinner?

She glances up at her friend and laughs. "I'm guessing you have to do with this?"

"Figured he needed a push back in to the right track."

Her eyes seem to smile as she types a reply and quickly pulls Baekhyun into a hug. "Thank you. I owe you."

He chuckles and pulls away. "Just promise me you'll always remember he loves you. He may not be the best at showing it but the love he feels is there."

"You are so cheesy, you know?" She jokes as he stands up to leave and they walk towards the exit together.

"One of my best qualities. Now hurry, you have a date to get to."

The smile she gives him is reward enough. They'll have enough time to thank him in the future.

-

-

A simple ending because I really couldn't think of anything. I really wanted to update today because *drumroll* it's my birthday! Finally 18 today. What better way to celebrate than with an Ailee x Kyungsoo fic! Anyways hope you guys enjoyed it and that it wasn't too confusing.

Next pairing:

Ailee Love Triangle (Poll still open! Check the previous chapter!)

**I'm excited for the love triangle story! Hope you guys have voted for who you want. Look forward to the first part!**