Naive (Ailee x EXO Chanyeol)

It Takes Two

Chapter eleven! I've been gone for a while, I got sick and just things weren't going my way. BUT Ailee is back and so is SHINee! They're my two ultimate biases so I've been slayed with their comebacks.

Also Eric Nam featured on Ailee's song Feelin'! My ship... PLUS Dongwoo and Ailee are back with their cute moments. Life is good lol.

So anyways this was requested by SweetArmy. I'm not too sure on Chanyeol's personality (then again I'm not with a lot of people) so you know I guess it'll be a bit au. Based off fancams, videos and interviews I've managed to find.

Prompt: Shy Chanyeol, Ailee being friendly and when they interact he's a bit naive.

-

-

-

Chanyeol watched with amusement as Kai and Baekhyun pretended to sing the high note, both clearly enjoying the performance. He glanced toward the stage and back at his friends, who had taken to dancing randomly along to the song. Smiling at their antics he turned back and focused on her.

As the performance came to an end she made her way towards them. Quickly they made a path for her and she bowed politely as they showered her with compliments. Deciding that he didn't want to bother he made his way towards the back. 

She spotted him of course. She was always so alert to her surroundings, never wanting to purposely ignore anybody. That was what made Ailee so special. With a smile that simply captivated his attention, she made her way towards him and bowed politely. He returned the smile although he didn't believe his was nearly as beautiful as hers. 

As quick as she'd come she had left, leaving him to return to his spot and prepare for their performance.

-

The next time they meet she greets him more warmly. They see each other quite often at music shows and concerts, and she feels as if they've passed the aquintance stage. So cheerfully she goes up to the group and makes sure to greet all of them. 

Chanyeol is more prepared this time around so when she smiles at him he isn't completely flustered. He offers his hand to shake but she pulls him into a half hug. Stiffening a bit he ignores the chills at the back of his neck as she whispers a hello. 

Pulling back she watches as he squirms slightly, trying to form the right words without stuttering. She raises an eyebrow at his weird behavior before moving on to the next person.

He deflates for a moment, embarrassed at his own shyness toward her but brushes the feelings aside. He had other things to worry about.

-

Everytime they meet, she surprises him.

They aren't close. They do talk from time to time but he doesn't understand why she's so kind to him. Shouldn't she be closer to Kai, who had actually shown more interest in her?

He brushes the thought aside as he focuses his attention to none other than the person in his mind.

She's rambling on about her current injury and how she always gets injured before a comeback. The way she talks so openly and comfortably with him is weird but he doesn't mind it. Not when she looks so adorably frustrated. 

She stops suddenly before apologizing for bothering him. He quickly assures her it's no problem but she simply smiles before changing the subject to him. It was clear she didn't want to come off as rude and he loved that about her. They may not be too close yet but her personality captures him.

"I hope you are taking care of yourself during all these promotions," she tells him as they wait for their comeback stages.

"Thank you. Please take care as well."

She chuckles a bit at how formal he is with her before excusing herself to greet those coming back from their performances. He watches her as she walks away, smiling unconsciously at the happiness that flowed around her.

"Someone's extra happy."

Chanyeol turned his attention to Kai who was next to him, in the spot Ailee had been. "It wouldn't have to do with a certain girl would it?"

That caught his attention. "Are you jealous?"

Kai let out a short laugh. "Honestly, I was at first. But its clear she prefers you."

"What do you mean?"

Kai looked at his friend in confusion. "Are you really that naive?" When Chanyeol only looked at him with a blank stare, he sighed. "She likes you. She's trying to get close to you but it seems like you don't even realize it."

Chanyeol stared at his friend in disbelief. "You're crazy."

"I wish I was," Kai replied looking around, "but why else would she try so hard to get close to you?" Hearing no reply Kai turned his attention to his friend who happened to be lost in thought. "Hello?"

"I heard you," he replied not moving his gaze from the direction where she had left. "I was just thinking about something."

Kai looked at his friend weirdly but simply patted him on the back and made his way towards the rest of the group. They all observed as Chanyeol leaned against the wall and smiled slightly.

-

She spotted him from far away and she felt her heart beat increase.

The feelings surprised her. They didn't talk often but even the most minimum conversation caused her heart to flutter. She felt comfortable around him and found herself constantly looking for him.

Yet to her it all seemed one sided. She had developed a crush on someone who didn't seem to be interested at all, but she genuinely liked him as a person and was happy being friends. There was no need to force anything on him. 

She glanced over once more in his general direction and was surprised to see him looking at her... and even more surprised when he called out to her. Looking around she made sure he was talking to her before going over to him. 

"Hello."

"Hello."

A comfortable silence fell between them as Chanyeol fumbled looking for something in his pocket. "I wanted to give you something."

She watched him with interest as he pulled out a folded paper and handed it to her. Taking it in her hands she opened it to reveal a number, a phone number to he exact.

"My number. I realized we only talk when we see each other. It would be nice to talk more even when we're not in person."

She couldn't stop the smile that came across her face as she looked up at him. He rubbed the back of his neck, smiling back at her shyly.

"Thank you. I'll call you so you can save my number as well."

He nodded as she quickly pulled out her phone and added him as a contact. 

"Chanyeol!"

He turned to look at s who were ushering him to hurry up. "I'll look forward to your call. I better go." She nodded and he rushed off. 

Kai greeted him with a high five. "Maybe you're not as naive as I thought. Good job." Chanyeol shoved him off but smiled as Kai shot him a thumbs up.

-

Although he had been reserved at first around her, he soon opened up to the lively person he was. He found that even though he tended to be considered the energy in the group, she knew when he was feeling down and was the one to provide support. Similarly she appreciated the fact that he never treated her any differently for not being born in Korea.

The more time they spent together, the more they didn't want to seperate. The changes came naturally. Hugs lasted longer, they sat closer, and both began loving even the smallest things. The way she scrunched her nose when she ate her favorite meal. The way his hair stuck out after a dance rehearsal.

It was nothing dramatic but it was clear the atmosphere around them had changed from friendship to love. 

So when somebody else began to show interest in her, Chanyeol decided he couldn't stay still anymore.

He had arrived to support her in her first solo concert. As the concert came to an end he went looking for her but found her talking to him. It took all he had to remain calm.

"- It would be fun to collaborate together."

Before she could reply he cut in. "Sorry to bother but I need Ailee for a bit." He didn't wait for a reply as he pulled her away with him. She didn't resist.

"Is something wrong?" She asked as he stopped walking. They were far from the stage and from anybody else.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you-"

"This day is about you. I should be asking you what you want to celebrate but I want to he selfish. There's something I want."

"What do you want?"

"You."

There was a silence as Ailee stared at him completely stunned.

"I don't think I can continue like this. Not when I want you so bad."

He dropped his head as he waited for her answer.

"Let's date then."

Her reply surprised both of them but Chanyeol wasted no time. He pulled her closer in an embrace and placed a kiss on the top of her head. She wrapped her arms around his waist, tightening her grip when she felt his kiss. 

"So can I go out there and tell him you're taken?"

She pulled back and laughed. "Was someone jealous?"

Instead of replying he gently placed his fingers under her chin, lifted her face, and kissed her. She returned the kiss immediately allowing herself to melt into his arms.

As they seperated he chuckled. "What?"

"To think that if I hadn't been so naive we could have gotten together a long time ago."

"Well," she finally said getting closer to him, "it was definitely worth the wait."

Reaching for her hand he interwined their fingers. "Yes it was. Now let's go. I have to make it clear to someone you're mine."

-

-

-

Okay so this was pretty bad. I'm still trying to get back into my writing mode so this was kind of just a random mess of ideas. I couldn't even come up with a title lol. Anyways hopefully my next one will be a bit better.

Next pairings:

Ailee x Jay Park

Ailee x D.O

PLUS

Next chapter will include the options for the three part fanfic of a love triangle. Make sure to comment below who you think should be included in the love triangle special!!