three

Ever-changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      If someone walked in and caught them making out like this, Jackson wouldn’t know what to say. However, he’d be more pissed because someone is interrupting them. In all honesty, he’d punch anyone who makes Mark pull away and break the kiss because that’s the last thing the younger wants.

Having Mark’s hand on the back of his neck while the other arm is still pinned against the wall, his slim body tightly pressed to Jackson’s, how his own hands bury in the layers of fabric of Mark’s humongous hoodie, wanting to tear it apart. If the younger is using too much strength as he hugs Mark, the older doesn’t complain, instead, he just kisses Jackson harder.

At some point Mark gives Jackson a chance to catch his breath but that does not mean he’s stepping back, on the contrary, the older is now spreading soft, slow and warm kisses across the younger’s jaw and stopping for a while in the crook behind his ear. Jackson shivers when he feels Mark’s teeth scrapping his skin before the older decides to spread more kisses on his neck.

Jackson’s head is spinning and he remembers how not too long ago Mark still could make him feel out of breath and shaken, although not for the same reason as right now. If the younger is honest with himself, he likes this dynamic a lot better.

◦ ◦ ◦ 

With Jaebum’s ultimatum to start to sort out his differences with Mark, Jackson was in a bad mood. He knew he had to do something, but has no clue what he could do. It wasn’t like he could just start being nice to Mark, that would be weird and would make the older suspicious. Furthermore, there were limits for everything that not even Jackson could reach, no matter what. 

Perhaps he should just talk to Mark and call a truce.

But that had to be his decision! Jaebum didn’t need to push him to Mark although Jackson had to give the leader points, knowing exactly how to push the younger. He was aware that if he didn’t manage to set a truce with Mark, their leader would keep pushing them together just to punish Jackson for being a coward.

That was how now they always ended sitting next to the other on the van wherever they were heading to, which made Jackson sulk the whole ride facing the windows and ignoring everyone else around. The more reason to use those rides to catch up on some sleep, but it was quite uncomfortable when his head was resting on the vibrating window and he jumped and hit himself every time they went over a bump in the road.

So terribly painful.

Yet he still managed to sleep, giving his back to Mark and pretending no one was around. However, more than once he woke up resting on the older’s shoulder. And every time Jackson jumped with a start, watching in horror what he had done during his sleep. Mark roused with his shriek of surprise, blinked a few times and stared at him like asking why he was making a fuss, then shook his head and just ignored Jackson, as if nothing had happened. 

Once, the younger woke up on Mark’s shoulder, but not only that, Mark was also sleeping with his head on top of Jackson’s and in his hand was on one of Jackson’s, warm and covered, sheltered in his own lap. Every other time he assumed he was the one who leaned against Mark because the window was too painful, but it wasn’t likely that in his sleep he forced Mark to grab his hand. It wasn’t like Jackson was holding the older’s hand, that he had reached out for it; it was the other way around.

The younger watched how Mark’s hand kept hold of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter