twenty-one

Ever-changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21.

Jackson is so relieved to be back in Korea and with a promising day off ahead. When he asked Joon hyung he told him that Jackson did have schedule on Thursday, but he only need to beg a bit for his manager to agree to do his best to reschedule, after all the man also wanted a break from Jackson’s unstoppable activities. Thankfully, the man had managed to reschedule everything; it was going to be more exhausting, but having that day off to spend it with Mark was worth it, of that Jackson was sure.

Exhausted, he followed his manager to the van and dozed off in it until he was told they had made it home. Thanking his manager and wishing him to have a good night sleep and to enjoy his girlfriend, Jackson got out the van and made his way to the lift, dragging his suitcase with him. The sound of the little wheels against the asphalt had become such a common lullaby for Jackson, to the point he could differentiate from his old suitcase because this one had a funny noise in one of the wheels when he turned right.

His exhaustion starts to be pushed to second place when the excitement to be back home kicks in as the numbers on the panel of the lift change, telling him he’s getting closer and closer to their dorm. He texted Mark when he got in the van telling him he’d be home very soon, he just had to wait a bit more, that’s why Jackson was grinning as he entered the passcode, imagining Mark at the other side, waiting like Coco when they came back after a tour in some other part of the country.

To Jackson’s surprise, when he opens the door there’s no one inside, only Coco waging her tail and barking at him as a greeting. Jackson examines his surroundings, his eyes trying to find any of his mates around to welcome him, but there’s none and it feels oddly cold.

“I’m ho—”

Jackson doesn’t get to finish his call when someone, literally, jumps on his back, scaring the living days out of him. Jackson shrieks and tries to move to get his assaulter off, but as he’s at that, the young idol hears the high pitched giggles he’s missed so much and his body stills, recognising Mark on his back before his boyfriend kisses his cheek from behind.

“Welcome home,” he singsongs, still on Jackson’s back. The younger wraps his arms around Mark’s legs to keep him in place and tilts his head to meet his eyes, in an uncomfortable angle but still successful. Mark’s eyes are glowing and his smile is so precious Jackson feels he’s falling in love all over again. “I missed you.”

“I missed you, too,” Jackson replies, puckering his lips for a welcome kiss Mark is most happy to provide. “Where are the others, by the way?”

“Oh, in their rooms. They said they’d stay there until I was ready welcoming you because, I quote, ‘we are in no mood to witness you two being gross and all clingy, thank you very much.’” Mark giggles happily at that, his tone sounding a lot like Yugyeom’s so Jackson joins him. “I’m supposed to let them know when we stop being gross together.”

“And when is that happening?” Jackson asks, fondness making his heart feel bigger in his ribcage.

“Not yet,” declares the older, tilting his head to peck Jackson’s lips repeatedly, causing the younger to chuckle between short kisses. “Okay, now we’re done,” Mark finally states, but Jackson is not letting him go when he steps forward, heading to his friend’s room. 

Just to mess with the maknae line, he goes to Yugyeom’s and BamBam’s room, still carrying Mark on his back, the older incredibly amused, giggling softly as he clings to Jackson with legs and arms.

“Hyung!” Yugyeom cheers, the first to notice him when he opens the door. “Eiii, we said to let us know when you stopped being gross.”

“This is basically childish, not gross,” Jackson points out. “But when I do this, it’s gross for you,” he continues, turning his head to steal a kiss and making Mark giggle again, especially at the chorus of ‘ewww’s that come after.

Chuckling, Mark finally slides off Jackson’s back, allowing the younger to greet the others properly, excusing himself saying he’ll get the younger’s suitcase in his room in the meantime.

After that is back to normal, greeting and catching up with his friends, handing in the little things he brought for them while he waited in the duty free, telling Mark Jackson’s parents are now aware of their rel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter