fifteen

Ever-changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Jackson’s made his mind, it’s hard not to just want to do it, go to Mark and just kiss him. It makes the idol so anxious and picturing the scene can almost bring him to a burst of giggles. Mark doesn't notice because he's too sleepy so he just drags his feet back inside the dorm while Jackson can’t take his eyes off of the other idol. When they make it inside their shared room, it’s the first time Jackson is actually excited and so glad they are still roommates.

The first thing Mark does is checking himself in the mirror, Jackson follows the idol’s movements as he sits on his mattress.

“Okay, I don’t have drool on my face or anything else so why are you staring so much?” Mark asks, turning around, confused expression drawn on his features.

And there goes the theory Mark didn’t notice Jackson staring.

“I’m just looking at you, that’s all,” Jackson explains with a little shrug, trying to make it look casual.

Yet Mark doesn’t seem to be satisfied with the answer because he only arches an eyebrow like waiting for the younger idol to confess so Jackson starts feeling the pressure. It’s not like Jackson is a coward and is afraid of voicing his feelings, it’s just that he has to remind himself to be careful. Everything with Mark is kind of unstable. They have just begun to be friends, Jackson hurt him so much before so it feels too hypocritical of him just confess now. Still, beating around the bushes isn’t Jackson’s style and that’s why the idol isn’t sure how to approach the situation.

“Come on, out with it, Jackson,” Mark pushes. “You have something to say, don’t you?”

“I guess I’m curious about something,” Jackson begins and Mark is evidently listening. “Like… mmm, so what if you like someone?” Mark’s expression immediately tenses and his eyebrows arch, but he doesn’t interrupt. “We are not allowed to date, although that doesn’t keep us from starting to like someone. My question is: is it good idea to tell that person how you feel if you can’t pursue a relationship? In the case that other person likes you back, of course.”

Talking about dating is a good idea to introduce the topic, right?

“Do you like someone, Jackson?” Said boy tries not to get intimidated by the question and pays more attention to the way Mark asks that, the inflection of his voice and the look in his eyes. Is there worry there? Jealousy? Hope?

But Jackson isn’t good at reading those details and can’t be sure, which really? It .

“Perhaps,” Jackson answers, looking away.

“Well,” Mark continues, clearing his throat before saying the rest. “It depends. I can’t tell you to go for it just because you like someone. It’s a complicated issue and it affects all of us if any of us starts something. But if that person you might like is someone trustworthy who will protect you instead of becoming a hindrance, then I’d tell you to be brave.”

Jackson stares at Mark knowing the idol is indeed someone trustworthy that will protect him no matter what, so the younger idol isn’t worried about that, at all. What worries Jackson is that Mark might not want the same.

“In your case, though,” Mark adds and Jackson blinks to focus on what the idol is saying and not just the man. “I don’t know how viable a relationship is. You are always so busy and we already barely see you. How would you manage that?”

“I guess I’d have to date one of the members only,” Jackson blurts with a big grin so Mark thinks he’s only joking, when in fact he’s trying to find out Mark’s opinion about it.

“That’d be killing two birds with one stone,” Mark agrees. “You get to see your significant other and work.”

“Very convenient, right?” Jackson continues and Mark starts smiling more comfortably, relaxing.

Instead of standing Mark begins to crouch to sit in front of Jackson and after realising Mark doesn’t seem to think it’s even absurd the idea of dating one of the members, the younger boy decides it’s a good m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter