seventeen

Ever-changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

Jackson can’t sleep, even if he’s tired and comfortable in bed, he just can’t sleep. For starters, Mark is just so close, a few steps away in his own mattress, almost at arm reach, but not as close as Jackson wants him to be. The younger can feel Mark’s scent so easily in the room, he can hear the older’s breathing, even and slow, evidently asleep. It’s like he’s hyper aware now and for that same reason he can’t fall asleep. Moreover, every time Jackson closes his eyes he has to war the flashbacks of the day or he bursts out giggling. He wants to crawl to Mark’s bed and just be next to the other idol, but that’s being too clingy and one has to have pride.

Turning once again in bed, Jackson finds a position that allows him to watch Mark on his own bed, the silhouette of his side covered with the duvet, breathing evenly. At first it’s just a shape but as Jackson’s eyes adjust to the darkness of the room, he can appreciate more details, like the fact Mark’s shoulders are showing and these are bare, which means he already took off his shirt while sleeping, his hair is a mess and he’s hugging the pillow tightly. Jackson pouts at that, wanting to be the one Mark is hugging instead of the pillow.

Trying not to be clingy is so hard when you are actually clingy and cuddly.

“Mark…” Jackson whispers, knowing that the other is asleep but still trying. “Markie…” But the older does not stir nor does he give any sign of waking up. “Hyung…”

Nothing.

A heavy sigh escapes Jackson’s lips as he rolls to lie on his back again, staring at the ceiling and bringing one hand to his chest. It still feels like his heart is racing, even after all the hours that’ve passed  and he just can’t sleep.

It’s so unfair that Mark is sleeping when Jackson only wants to cuddle some more. And because Jackson is moping, he doesn’t even realise he’s whining until he hears a groan coming from the other side. His head snaps in that direction and he can see Mark stirring.

“Gaga?” Mark asks with a hoarse voice, clearing his throat before he moves to sit and look at Jackson. “Why aren’t you sleeping?”

“I can’t,” Jackson replies honestly, not even hiding his pout. “How can you sleep? Just knowing you’re there gets my heart racing.”

Mark chuckles at that before replying, “I guess I got used to sleep with the temptation of having you so close.”

Jackson only whines at that, making Mark chuckle happily and clearly more awake.

“Fine, then come here,” Mark calls and Jackson can see how the boy pulls the cover aside in a clear invitation Jackson can’t refuse, so he crawls quickly to Mark’s side. Mark covers them again as Jackson cuddles up to him, wrapping each other’s arms around one another. “Better now?”

“Much better,” Jackson replies, snuggling closer to Mark.

It strikes him again then, that overwhelming feeling when he realises this is true, it’s not some weird dream or anything, he has Mark in his arms and everything feels so much easier. Living like he used to, hating Mark and making his life difficult was so exhausting and now it feels like he can properly breathe.

“This is really happening,” Mark mumbles then, like reading Jackson’s mind. “I didn’t dream it.”

“I was thinking the same,” confesses the other boy. “And I’m just so happy.”

“Do you think it’s going to be difficult? Being together?” Mark asks in a low tone and holding Jackson apprehensively. “Is it wise what we are doing?”

“I think it’s going to be hard at first,” Jackson replies, feeling Mark tensing. “I mean, I’ll have to share you to our aghasaes and not get jealous when they hold your hand in fan signs and the like. I’ll have to control my jealousy when you have to do fan service with the others and try not to get in the middle and just claim you’re mine. Do you get an idea of how hard that is going to be?” Mark chuckles at that, happily and in that beautiful way of his that makes you smile no matter what, just because it’s such a happy sound. “Trying to keep it secret when I can’t get my hands off of you it’s going to be a constant battle.”

“You clingy,” Mark teases him and just to make a point, Jackson hugs the older tighter, wrapping himself around Mark like an octopus would do.

“Can you really say it won’t be hard for you act like we are not together when you know we are?” Jackson inquires, pulling b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter