Chapter 8

The wolf girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get your lazy asses up!”  Salem yells as he kicks the two bodies on the floor. If you had not known, you’d probably think that they were two sacks of potatoes. “Soonmi! If you don’t get up now, you’re going to be late to the annual battle of the warriors. Then you can truly forget about winning the battle because the King and Queen would not appreciate such a bad first impression. And you know what that means? No Food!” Salem finished, crossing his arms.

At the sound of food, both Avia and Soonmi jolt up from their huddled mess, knocking their heads together.

“OWWW!” the two groan in sync, causing Salem to shake his head with an amused smile playing on his lips.

“Come on Soonmi. Get up and go get dressed. Jungkook and Jimin brought a set of clothes for you this morning. And remember to wear the mask that old man gave you so you don’t injure your face.” Salem says ruffling Soonmi’s hair.

“Yes mother” Soonmi says in a teasing manner.

Five minutes late, Soonmi calls the boys in from outside, spinning around to show them her outfit.

(If the image of the outfit does not show, click here)

"I must say, those boy's have a good eye for these clothes. It feels just like my other clothes." Soonmi says smiling.

"Woah, Soonmi! You actually look good for once!" Avia says in awe.

Soonmi ignores his sneaky remark and salutes cutely. "Lets go boys. We have a battle to win!"

 

The arena was filled with loud cheers and chattering as the crowd excitedly awaits for the King and Queen's return from their business trip.

Surrounding a large circular arena that was barricaded by some ropes was a large stand for the audience to watch, a small area for the warriors to recover from their battles and a miniature lounge in front for the royals to sit and enjoy the show. In the small area organised for the participants, Avia and Salem stood behind the chair assigned to Soonmi, waiting for the battle to begin eagerly.

At the entrance of the battle area, the participants of the battle stood in a line, ready to welcome the incoming royals.

"S.coups!! How was your sleep yesterday?" Soonmi asks enthusiastically when she sees her new friend walking towards the crowd of audience.

"It was good." S.coup says quietly, avoiding Soonmi's eye contact. "Good luck" S.coup says before he rushes into the crowd.

*Maybe he's sick* Soonmi thinks as she notices S.coups' unusual behaviour.

A loud gong is heard and a guard announces the arrival of the royals. One by one, the seven bangtan boys enter, waving gracefully at the audience, causing girls to swoon and guys to sigh in envy. The boys are quickly followed by Daesom who tries to catch up to the boys in a discrete, hurried manner little did she know that she looked ridiculously obvious. Then Kichan and his wife enter, followed by the King and Queen who enter in an elegant grace. 

After the royals had taken their seats up in front of the arena, the King stands up and gestures the crowd to settle down as he begins to speak

"Welcome to the annual battle of the great Warriors. I hope you all enjoy today's event but before we begin, I have another announcement to make. My brother Kichan has informed me of a guest that will be partic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter