Chapter 14

The wolf girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonmi hastily throws the material over her head and runs out the door, leaving her brothers shaking their heads in amusement...

When Soonmi arrives at the royalty courtroom, she bows her head in embarrassment as she finds the seven boys, Daesom, and the instructor already there, waiting.

"Ah! Soonmi, you're here!" Taehyung exclaims as he runs to Soonmi with open arms. He hugs Soonmi tightly as she stands awkwardly still.

"Yah, Taehyung! You better get over here before I get over there." Jin snarls.

"Gosh, look who finally decided to show up." Daesom says, rolling her eyes.

"Come on children. Let's begin firstly, with some martial arts lessons for the boys, and walking lessons for the girls." The instructor says. 

"Walking lessons? I can walk perfectly fine though." Soonmi says, scratching her head. The instructor chuckles and ruffles Soonmi's hair. "You'll see later." He says.

"Donghae hyung! Let's go!" Taehyung whines, feeling jealousy pile up in his heart as he watches Donghae interact with Soonmi.

The boys exit the courtroom with Donghae and make their way over to the martial arts field.

"Ladies, let's not waste any time and begin our walking lessons." A female voice says from behind.

"Mother! Where's Madam Choi? Why are you here?" Daesom asks upon seeing her mother.

"Madam Choi is busy today, so I'm taking over this class." She answers, winking slyly at Daesom. The girl smirks in reply.

"Where on Earth did that beast girl go?" Daesom's mother yells.

"Do you think we went too far this time?" Daesom asks.

"Of course not, darling! We just did what's right." Daesom's mother replies.

"You're right, mother. She totally deserves this for stealing my oppas." Daesom says.

"We still need to find that girl, though. Can't have the king's 'special guest' go missing." Daesom's mother scowls.

News spread like a wild fire and soon, the boys and Donghae, who were training at the field, had joined Daesom and her mother in the hunt for Soonmi.

"Why did she go missing?" Rap-monster asks worriedly.

"We would like to know that too! She just disappeared when we turned our backs. Maybe the poor girl found the basic walking lessons too much to handle." Daesom's mother replies wearing a fake worried expression.

"Whatever, I'm going to find Soonmi." Jimin says, sending the mother-daughter duo a glare. 

Jungkook follows his brother in a deathly silence before the entire group joins the two in a mission to find the said girl.

"Oh my gosh! Heaven just gave me a bracelet!" Taehyung suddenly exclaims, holding up a bracelet with intricate detailing that had just fell on his head.

"Idiot. That's Soonmi's." Jungkook says, examining the bracelet.

The group looks up and to their suspicion, they find Soonmi asleep on the tree that had branched across them.

"What on earth is she doing up there?" Donghae asks, genuinely curious. The boys burst out laughing, followed by Daesom and her mother who awkwardly laugh along.

Slight shuffling in the tree ends the outburst of laughter as everyone stops and looks up at the sleeping figure.

"Oh no, she's about to fall." Donghae warns. He and the other boys crowd around the tree with their arms spread, ready to catch the girl if she does, in fact, fall.

In a split second, Soonmi falls into the strong arms of Jungkook who catches her with ease.

*How is she so light? She eats like grown man!* he thinks to himself.

J-hope and Jin worriedly checks the girl of injuries when Soonmi suddenly jolts up with a yelp as the boys checked her legs.

"Oww, that hurts" Soonmi says rubbing her legs as she stands from Jungkook embrace.

"What happened, Soonmi? And why were you sleeping in that tree?" Jimin asks with concern evident in his eyes. Daesom and her mother freeze.

"Well..." Soonmi begins with a scowl.

FLASHBACK:

"You stupid girl! How can you not walk in a simple straight line?" Daesom's mother scolds.

Soonmi clenches her teeth and tries for the hundredth time to walk in a pair of shoes that she believed, was made by Satan himself. The shoe was much too big for the girl's little feet and had an uneven sole that was significantly higher at the centre.

"Wrong, wrong, wrong!" Daesom's mother yells, striking Soonmi's legs with a whip she brought along.

Soonmi hisses in pain and tries again as she remembers the request her mother had made back in the woods.

In spite of her efforts, the witch like lady would mercilessly whip her legs while her devil-like daughter giggled annoyingly in the background. This process repeated over the span of an hourm so not being able to stand the duo anymore, Soonmi slips out of the room when the two had turned their backs, whispering to each other.

E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter