Chapter 13

The wolf girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing that the other boys had not noticed the commotion, he takes Soonmi's shaking hands and leads her away from the crowded courtyard, ignoring Daesom's demands that he return to dancing with her...

"W-where are you taking me Jungkook? I'm fine, we can go back." Soonmi says quietly, as Jungkook leads her away.

"I want to show you a secret place of mine." Jungkook says, turning his head to give the girl a smile.

With that being said, the two walk in a comfortable silence until they reach a secluded area at the back of the palace. It was a little field next to the horse stables that had hay stacks everywhere.

"This is my favourite place to go to in this palace." Jungkook says, spreading his arms and stretching. He walks over to a hay stack and lays down, waving Soonmi over to him. "The stars look the best here." he whispers.

Soonmi joins him and lies next to him, though she leaves a small distance between their bodies. "It's beautiful." Soonmi says. "It reminds me of the days when I use do this in the woods."

As the two enjoy the scenery, Jungkook watches the girl, admiring her side profile as the moonlight reflects from her delicate features. "You're more beautiful." he mutters under his breath.

"Did you say something?" Soonmi asks. 

"N-no. I didn't say a-anything." he stutters in reply, as he turns away to hide his flushed face.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook! How dare you steal Soonmi sway like that!" a voice yells. "I've been looking for you guys for eternity!" 

The loud voice sends Jungkook and  Soonmi jolting up from their position, looking around for the owner of the voice. From behind a haystack, a sweaty Jimin emerges, panting hard with his hands on his knees.

"Jimin hyung, what are you doing here?" Jungkook asks.

"I should be asking you that! You and Soonmi just disappeared and Daesom wouldn't stop crying because you left her." Jimin says angrily.

"Sorry, hyung. It was just that Jonghyun was giving Soonmi a hard time before." Jungkook explains.

"Come on, Soonmi. Let’s get back to the feast. Mother and Father had some things to tell you." Jimin says smiling at Soonmi, sneaking Jungkook a glare while totally ignoring his explanation. Jungkook gulps and rubs his neck while awkwardly following Jimin who was now leading Soonmi away, holding onto her hand.

"Soonmi, darling! Where had you gone?" The Queen asks once the three returned.

"Soonmi and I just went for a walk." Jungkook replies after seeing Soonmi struggle to find words, which earns him more glares from his brothers. Hearing this, Salem and Avia also turn to give the sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter