Chapter 11

The wolf girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a short moment of silence, S.coups opened his mouth and began his explanation… 

"T-they forced me to do it Soonmi. They threatened me with the lives of my mother and little brother. I came to the palace to earn money for my little brother's education but I ended up putting his life in danger. I am a failure." S.coups says sadly as he bows his head in shame.

Soonmi gives a comforting pat on his shoulders encouraging him to stay strong.

"Don't say that about yourself S.coups. You are an amazing person and I'm sure your little brother admires you greatly" she says with a smile.

"Just who is this 'they' you're talking about S.coups? We need to find out who they are and why they are trying to hurt Soonmi." Salem asks seriously.

"I honestly have no idea. That night after we had our fun, I was walking back to my dorm when someone knocked me out from the back. When I came to, I was in a dark room with a man dressed in black with his face covered who spoke to me and when he finished, I was taken back to my dorm with a bag over my head and a knife to my back." S.coups recounts. "Before I could get the bag off and take a look at who it was, they were gone."

"That's so weird!" Avia exclaims as he rushes over to give Soonmi a hug. "Don't be scared sis, I'll protect you." He says cutely.

"Yuck, don't ever do that again." Soonmi says laughing as she hugs Avia back nonetheless. "So what are your plans from here onwards S.coups?" She asks in a worried voice.

"Well with the money I've made throughout the years I've worked in this palace, it should be sufficient for me to leave the palace and take my mother and brother to another town to begin a new life. Hopefully, we'll be able to live safely and happily with a new start." S.coups said with sparkling eyes.

"That sounds good!" Soonmi exclaims cheerfully, her eyes turning in to crescents. "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow, at the break of dawn. I just wanted to come and apologise to you before I left." S.coups replies, turning his head slightly as he hides his blush. "Well I really should get going now. I need to finish packing and rest up for tomorrow." He says as he stands up and walks towards the door.

"Well we wish you all the best" Soonmi says as she, Salem and Avia walk S.coups to the door. "Although things have not gone as perfectly as planned, I'm still really glad we became friends." Soonmi finishes as she gives S.coups a farewell hug.

"Thanks Soonmi. Please stay well. You are someone I treasure greatly" S.coups whispers and in a swift motion, he leans in and gives Soonmi a peck on her cheek before dashing out the door with a red face, leaving the girl frozen in shock. Never had she had that kind of human interaction before. Soonmi lifts her hand to the spot S.coups has kissed and she too begins to blush.

"If I see that kid again, I'm definitely going to have to beat some sense into him" Salem mutters angrily. "It's getting late now, let's get to bed, Soonmi still needs plenty of rest." He announces.

The three settle down in their spots and drift off to dream land.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter