Colorless World

Alternate Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soulmate AU

DaeRi

 

‘The sky is blue’, ‘the grass is green’, ‘the sunflower is yellow’ are the things Kang Daesung always hears from his parents. ‘The world is full of colors’, his parents said, ‘but after you found your soulmate. The one who will color your life’. When he was a child, he never thought much about it. He was content seeing the things around him black and white. The (supposed) bright colors will turn into white and the dark colors will turn into black in Daesung’s eyes. It never bothered him in any way since almost everything in his world is created to help the people who haven’t met their soul mate like Daesung.

Soul mate.

In the world where Daesung lives, the first color the people will see first is the color of their soulmate first –not even their skin color. Then, if they do intimate things such hugging and kissing, slowly but sure they will see the colors. They will fully see the colors if they make love to each other. His parent, his family, his friends –all of them said that the world is very beautiful once they got to see colors.

Yeah, Daesung never thought that he wants to see the colors other than black and white. There are lots of labels and tools to help the blind colored people to help them distinguish the color. Although there is no discrimination between the blind colored and the ones who can see the colors (or the colored, as they said), there are some jobs that only a colored person is able to apply, like doctors and nurse. Other than that, it is fine to be a blind colored person.

Daesung is never fond of colors despite remembering how to mix colors for his art class in elementary school and junior high school. He is always praised about how well he could mix and match the colors of his outfits, thanks to his parents and his brilliant memory. He even became a fashion consultant for his friends in high school and also in university. Irony, he thinks, because I never loves color. The people around him always think high of the colored people and Daesung is sick of that. That was why he chose a major that will never have to deal with colors: music; with vocal as his minor. The music sheet will always be white and black, the musical notes are not necessarily written in colors –it usually is black.

Perfect for Kang Daesung.

He has been thinking about what to do in university since he was in elementary school, when his teacher scolded him about mixing four colors -blue, red, green and yellow- making nonsense in his watercolor palette. In his defense, he couldn’t enjoy the color anyway, so why should he troubled himself upon mixing the color? The next thing he knew, his father had him sat two hours on the weekend to practice his color mixing. Of course with the accompaniment of a long stick to smack him on his hand if he tried to rebel against the old man.

Daesung passed any art exam related to coloring, just right above the minimum standard. But he excelled in music and singing, making his parents surrendered and decided to support him. He began to learn his first musical instrument, piano, as soon as he entered junior high school and after winning tournament after tournament, he chose his second musical instrument: guitar.

The young kid voluntarily giving up his time to play with his friends just to master the piano and guitar. When the most of kids around his age would play together and making bond with each other outside school, he stayed in his room or spent his time in the music school. But everyone knew him as ‘the kid who excel in music class’ or ‘the one who plays piano in theater club’. No one really knew Kang Daesung p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter