Under The Rain

Alternate Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GDaeBae

 

 

Youngbae cursed himself as he looked at the drops of water falling down from the sky. He knew that there would be a heavy rain at the evening, but he was confident that he left an umbrella at the storage room, forgetting the fact that he had lent it to his friend last week because he had raincoat with him.

The short man reached out his hand and cupped some water into his palm. By the short length of time it was filled by the water, he just knew the rain wouldn’t stop soon. He sighed heavily. He loved autumn, but not when it rains.

He couldn’t risk to go home by running through the rain as he had to prepare the booth for the free food event the church held. He couldn’t be sick because they had less people to help already. He didn’t have a heart to let the old uncle to do the hard works as it was painful enough to see them staggering while nailing the wood together.

He looked at his phone. The next bus that went straight to his house would arrive in forty five minutes, but if he wanted to take the very next bus that would arrive in ten minutes, he had to take another two buses and it wasn’t convenient for him. Not when it’s raining.

Then Youngbae heard footsteps nearing him. He looked back and his eyes met a pair of familiar eyes of a brunette haired man.

“Youngbae Hyung?”

“Daesung-ah?”

The brunette walked some steps more, stopping when he just two steps away on the right side of Youngbae. The short man tailed every movements of Daesung and then realized he forgot to breathe. Youngbae shifted his gaze to look at the falling rain and smiled.

Yeah, you always steal my breath away.

 

There was a good thirty seconds of silence when he heard the man beside him cracked the silence between them.

“How are you? Are you going home?”

“M-me?” Yongbae tried to steal some time because he obviously didn’t prepare himself to be in a conversation. “Me… M-m-me is good,” he stuttered. “I mean, I am good. I am fine and yeah I am going home but… I can’t. The rain…” Youngbae bit his lower lips to prevent himself blurting another silly answer. He smacked himself mentally for not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter