Chapter 9

What Am I To You? (HIATUS!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina quietly sat next to Sana in their shared desk that no longer have the Great wall of Textbooks in between the two and staring at her computer screen. They didn't have any classes today but they still went to school to finish unfinished work for their classes. The essay that Mina has been working on for about 3 hours was still blank and all she could do was let out a frustrated sigh. She glanced over at her desk partner and sees she's not having any trouble with the essay. She let out a small scoff and started typing random words onto the blank page. 

"Ah, I'm hungry. What time is it right now?" Sana said as she looked up from her computer and at the clock hanging above the door. She looked over at Mina's direction and tapped her computer screen. Mina turned her gaze away from the screen and to the person who got her attention and raised an eyebrow. "Lets go eat." 

Mina shifted her eyes to her screen and back at Sana and scratched her neck. "I have to finish this first. Go down with Tzuyu and Momo first." 

Sana pouted but nodded her head anyways. "Okay. I'll have yours ordered." She stood up from her chair and went over to Tzuyu's and Momo's desk.

We are getting along well just like before. 

Mina watched as Tzuyu and Momo followed behind Sana and looking over their shoulder to look at Mina. 

At least... publicly. 

The two nodded their head at Mina and she responded with a hand raised and they walk out through the exit. 

Just like that, our suffocating summer went by. 

Finally, autumn has found us. 

After a few hours, Mina and Sana continued finishing their work while Momo, Chaeyoung and Somi were hanging around in Momo's infront of them watching dog videos. Tzuyu left awhile ago to do some business but announced she'll come back later. 

"Yah. Sana do you have that folder with that rubric thing again?" Mina spoke up, still keeping her eyes on the computer. 

"The rubric?" Sana started to look around her messy desk, going under a few papers until she found the blue folder and handed it over to Mina who grabbed it without look and finally looked away from her screen to read the rubric. 

Just then, Tzuyu walked in with her hands in her pockets and Somi let out a squeal which everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and looked up to see Somi running over to Tzuyu who had a confused look on her face. 

"Tzuyu-ah you look handsome today!" Somi clapped. Tzuyu kept her straight face but she was looking down in embarrassment. Tzuyu was wearing a sweater vest which was totally out of Tzuyu's fashion sense but it got most of the girls in the classroom fawning over her. Sana smiled at the change of Tzuyu's style while Mina only stared at her best friend in disbelief but smirked and let out a laugh. 

Wearing the best clothes this fall is this punk, Chou Tzuyu.

"You seem like a different person, Tzuyu-ah. You should have dressed like this sooner." Momo said. She narrowed her eyes with a smirk and asked suspiciously, "You're dating someone, right?" 

Tzuyu looked at brunette but averted her eyes and slowly turned her head to look down and a smile appeared on her face.  

"Omo!" Somi shouted and pointed a finger, "Chou Tzuyu, did you smile just now?" 

The girl in question looked up with a straight face and a confused look. "What?"

"It's so good to see our rock finally smiling!" Somi grinned. Tzuyu scratched her neck and nodded. Mina held in her laugh hearing the name Somi called her and covered it up with a cough.

When Tzuyu was about to head towards her desk, Somi stopped her and started patting both of her shoulders. 

"Oh, Tzuyu-ah you're really cool!" Somi laughed and Tzuyu just gave her a fake smile. While Somi and Momo continued bothering Tzuyu, Mina's thought started to drift off. 

All this time, Tzuyu, too..

Mina turned away and glanced at the blonde who was sitting next to her, watching Tzuyu being annoyed by Somi and Momo and laughing at them. 

has probably spent a frustrating and very long summer like me. 

Even though Mina and Sana didn't have classes today, Mrs.Jo made them stay and listen to her lesson which Mina internally held her scream in. She was about to go home until that devil spawn walked in the class and stopped her from leaving the room. Mina sat on her seat glaring daggers at Mrs.Jo's back. She totally ruined her plans on going home to take a nap and then going out for drinks with Tzuyu later. 

Speaking of her, why is she and Momo still here when they're supposed to be in a different class. Mina only shrugged and started mindlessly drawing in her journal. 

The marker that was writing on the white board stopped and was harshly placed down onto the teachers desk. Mina glanced up and saw Mrs.Jo had her hands on her. Mina let out a sigh. She knew what was gonna come up next. 

"As you all know, our college is close to being kicked out of the number 1 spot." Mrs.Jo spoke up after a long silence. "That's because someone is failing miserably with some of their classes." She made eyecontact with Mina and Mina only shrugged. 

"But since our principal, Mr.JYP, liked that field trip we did a few weeks back, he suggested another one." Mrs.Jo closed her eyes as the class began to cheer. The cheering stopped immediately after they heard the sound of a folder bang onto the desk. "All of you will think of an idea about what the next field trip will be that could attract foreingers to Korea and hopefully attend this college." 

The class began to thinking about what places they could go to, until Tzuyu raised her hand. Mina raised an eyebrow at her best friend. Tzuyu was usualy someone who wouldn't suggest ideas and just go along with the plan. 

"What about an anciet and modern time tour? They can sightsee while learning about Korea and this college." Tzuyu said. Mina gaped at her. Only Tzuyu would suggest something like that. Just then Sana spoke up.

"What about a street food eating tour?" Mina saw Mrs.Jo roll her eyes at this, but it seems that Sana didn't see that as she continued explaining. "They can shop at Tongin market or Dongdaemun market, and eat the street food thats infront of this college." Sana smiled to herself.

Mrs.Jo sighed and placed a hand against her face. "Again and again. She's talking about eating again." Sana's smile disappeared and began to frown. "Miss Minatozaki, i guess there's nothing for you to talk about if it's not about eating. How can a person-"

"I think it's a good idea." Tzuyu interuppted. All heads were turned to Tzuyu now. "Nowadays, the best sightseeing course in Spain is the Sammigu market tour. If you go to a traditional market, can't you feel that country's culture?" 

Mrs.Jo crossed her arms and looked at Tzuyu with furrowed eyebrows. 

"When you say Korean food, we always think of galbi (Beef short ribs) and bulgogi or kimchi, but I think that it would be a good idea to plan something new in the traditional market with food."

The teacher was silent for awhile, thinking about Tzuyu's explanation. She nodded slightly and looked up to meet Tzuyu's stoic face, "Alright. Then, let's try it once."

Tzuyu turned around and gave Sana a ssmile and Sana returned it back with a flash of her teeth. Mina looked at the both of them. They were suspiciously starting to look all coupley again. Mina pressed her lips together and looked down at her desk. Mrs.Jo clapped her hands together to gather the students attention and once she did she cleared .

"Class is over. Go and leave this place." The students cheered and immediately started packing up and left with their friends. 

Mina sighed and began putting her journal away. Sana was about to get up but was immediately stopped when Somi, followed by Chaeyoung, bursted into the room and ran towards the two shared desks in the back of the room. She stopped infront of Tzuyu and Momo's desk, her hands slamming down onto the desk. Both Tzuyu and Momo flinched at the sound and looked up to see a grinning Somi and a tired Chaeyoung. Mina raised an eyebrow at the younger girl. 

"Yah! Tomorrow is Friday, right?" Somi looked at the 4. They all nodded simultaneously. "Let's have a group dinner since it's been a while!" 

They all started to look away and unsure looks started to appear on their face. Somi frowned at the sight of this. 

"What's with this mood? You guys don't want to have a company dinner?" 

"Ah, No. That sounds good." Mina interuppted with a grin. Everyone nodded. 

"Why don't we go to a karaoke, too." Momo suggested. Somi's face lit up and started jumping in excitement which erupted laughter from the group of friends. 

It was around 3pm when Mina arrived at the location where her, Sana, Momo and Tzuyu would be having lunch. Unfortunately Somi couldn't come because she needed to help out her sister at Kimchihyo's and Chaeyoung tagged along with her. Mina walked in the small restaurant on the phone with Nayeon who was bothering her about Jungyeon, not forgeting to bow her head at the staff. 

[No I'm sure she's not cheating on you.] Mina sighed. 

[Nayeon she's literally with you 24/7, I don't know what you're freaking over about.] Lately Nayeon has been complaining to Mina about Jungyeon and she wouldn't stop until Mina assured her that that short haired girl wasn't, what Nayeon calls, 'hoeing' around. 

[Okay. Are you good? Alright. Bye.] Mina took the phone away from her ear and pressed the end button. When she looked up she saw that Sana was the only one sitting at the table. She glanced at the two other empty chairs and then to Sana, who was looking up at her from her phone. Mina pursed her lips together and scratched her neck. 

"Where are the others?" Mina asked while taking a seat infront of the blonde. 

"Oh, restroom." Sana answered, not taking her eyes off her phone. 

Mina tapped her fingers against the table. "What did you order?" 

"Let's order when they come back. The dishes here are really simple and delicious." 

"It looks like it. There are so many people here." Mina observed the restaurant. It wasn't too crowded or too empty and it gave out a comfortable feel. But it didn't feel comfortable between Mina and Sana. Mina sat there, looking at Sana scrolling through her phone. She started to think of ways to start a conversation with Sana and when she did, she immediately took out her phone with a smile.

"Ah, Ryu Hyunjin is pitching today, right?" 

When she didn't recieve an answer she glanced up at the blonde who had her eyebrows furrowed but still on her phone. Mina frowned. She feels Sana's wall of ice when she tried to engage her in a conversation. They sat there staring at their phones, and it's only when Tzuyu and Momo arrive that Mina relaxes again. 

Momo took the seat next to Mina who gave her a smile and Tzuyu came over to the other side to sit next to Sana. Tzuyu sat down and smiled at Sana who leaned over and brought the menu between them. 

"Choose something from the menu." Sana said. 

"You didn't order yet?" Momo asked.

Mina hummed in response. "She told me we would order when you guys got here." 

"What do you want?" Tzuyu asked Sana, her left arm resting on the top of Sana's chair while her other arm was layed out on the table. From Mina's angle it looked like Tzuyu's arm is wrapped around Sana.

Mina looked at them with a grim look on her face. They were starting to look all coupley again and it was iritating Mina inside but she lets it out with a heavy sigh and started to drift her eyes around the restaurant, avoiding to look at the two infront of them. 

I have to pretend I didn't say anything.

Her eyes landed on the two, laughing together. 

I have to act like nothing happened.

But...

"Mina-ah, I think I'll order the same thing as you." Momo said as she leaned closer to the other with a smile. 

Mina looked over at the older and flashed her gummy teeth. "Sure." 

I think I need a bit more time.

 

 

Momo and Sana were hanging out at the latters house in living room watching tv and drinking coffee. After their lunch break Momo decided to hang out with Sana because apparently they haven't had their bonding time for quite a while now. 

There was a comfortable silence between the two besides the few loud sips Sana makes whenever she took a drink from her mug. Momo set down her coffee and crossed her legs. 

"I think Tzuyu can be strage sometimes." Momo spoke up. Sana sighed. She knew where this was going. 

"When I first saw her, I thought, 'What a scary person,'" Sana giggled at this. "but, now that I got used to her, I think she's getting cuter."

Sana scoffed with a grin on her face. "You think Tzuyu is cute?" Momo shrugged and nodded. 

"Tzuyu definitely has something. She definitely seems to have someone she likes." The brunette gave the other a knowing grin. 

The blonde's grin instantly changed into a serious one. "Yah, why are you starting again." Sana scoffed and brought the coffee mug up to her lips. Momo giggled. 

"By the way," Momo leaned her body forward to get closer to Sana. Sana raised an eyebrow at her best friend. "do you know if there is anyone that has a thing with Mina-ah?"

Sana was quiet. She knew what the answer was that but came to the conclusion that her brunette best friend doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter