Chapter 10

What Am I To You? (HIATUS!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This fall, we have decided to change. No. The truth is, we needed to change. 

 

 

Mina was sitting in the lobby hugging her bag in her lap. She looked at the people across from her who had bandages around their face or jaw and Mina started to wonder why the hell is she at a plastic surgery hospital. 

"Mina!" a voice called out to her. 

Mina was still zoned at until she felt someone hit her shoulder. She blinked and looked over at Momo who was sitting next to her. Oh now she remembers. Momo had an assignment related to plastic surgey and asked Mina to come with her to find more information about it. Momo started showing pictures to Mina of people who went or assumed to get plastic surgery on her ipad. Mina gaped at a picture of this person who closely resembles Jessica Jung, a solo singer, but Momo assures her that she went never went under the knife. 

"Where'd you find all of this? How'd you know who did and didn't have surgery?" Mina asks. 

"Yesterday, I couldn't fall asleep." Momo replied, heat rising to her cheeks. 

Mina stared at her. She remembered what happened last night... of Momo suddenly kissing her on the lips. 

"Did you sleep well?" Momo asks. 

Mina snapped out of her thoughts and raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" 

"Oh. Yeah, they second I got home I ate ramen with my roommate and fell asleep." Mina admits. She wasn't lying.

When she came back home after Jungyeon finished locking the food truck, they went home to find Nayeon asleep on the couch and cooked ramen on the table. They both quietly ate and after they were done they Jungyeon carried Nayeon bridal style to their room and Mina went to hers. 

Momo pouted. "That's unfair. I couldn't even sleep for a moment."

Mina felt uncomfortable talking about this but she still asked why. 

"Why?" Momo repeats and then grinned. "I was watching Mid." Mina let out a quiet sigh of relief and laughed.. Thank god she wasn't talking about what happened last night.

"Did you watch this season's Game of Thrones? I watched all of them last night and it was really fun."

They began talking about how once you fall into those things, you get curious and can't stop watching.

 

 

Meanwhile, both Tzuyu and Sana were walking around the food market close by their school. They were obviously here for that field trip project Mrs.Jo assigned them too but really this was Sana's excuse to eat but they still had to write notes on how this can attract foreigners.

Sana stopped infront of a vendor that was selling realy spicy food which is apparently very popular among Chinese tourist. She gasped looking at the owner putting a lot of spicy sauce on the barbeque. 

"Woah. It must be super spicy! I feel hot just looking at it, seriously." 

Tzuyu looked up at and read the sign, reading the small details around it. "Is this the place you were talking about earlier?"

Sana nodded. "There was a Chinese survey I found online and they say that the taste Chinese people like is this spicy taste." The taller one made a sound of understanding and looked at the person owning the vendor. 

"Do a lot of Chinese people come here?" 

"I don't know how they know about us, but a lot come nowadays." The lady answers. "They go crazy that it's spicy and all they say is to make it even more spicy. They love it so much that some might even study in that college near there just to eat this." She laughs out loud and it brought smiles to Sana's and Tzuyu's face. 

Sana grinned and patted Tzuyu's shoulder, looking at her like an excited puppy. "Tzuyu-ah, let's e at some too."

Tzuyu laughed. "But they say this is really spicy. Will you be alright?"

The blonde scoffed with a smirk. "This much is nothing. How about you? If you can't eat spicy things, then don't" 

"Aniya, that's not it. I like spicy things too. Yah, did you forget I came from a country that has the World Hottest Chili Pepper tourist stop?"

"Then, for you, young woman, should I give you the most spicy tasting one?" The lady asks.

"Excuse me?" Tzuyu widened her eyes.

"You said you like the spicy taste and you come from a country that has that chili pepper tourist stop. Chinese people ask to make these even spicier than this."

"Ah, yeah. Then please give me the very spicy tasting one." 

Sana gasped, her eyes the size of the moon. "Will you be alright? It'll probably be super spicy. 

Tzuyu brushed it off with a scoff and started to brag a little. "When I was in middle school, I used to grab a few hot peppers from the pantry and eat them when I couldn't find food or when I was tired." 

"Oooooh. then this should be nothing." Sana smiled. 

"Of course." Tzuyu bent down a little to talk to the vendor lady with a smile. "Ahjumma, please give us one normal spicy one and the one you suggested for us." 

The lady nodded with her big smile and started to make the orders. Sana was shaking in her spot excitedly while holding onto Tzuyu's arm. After the vendor gave their orders, Tzuyu immediately payed and after saying thank you, they were off on their way. 

 

Sana was walking along the street's a satisfied look on her face while ripping the barbeque off of the stick. The blonde stopped walking a few moments to turn around and see Tzuyu trailing behind with her sore tongue stuck to a popsicle. Tzuyu looked like she was about to pass out and  Sana giggled at her. After swallowing she asks the younger;

"Tzuyu-ah, are you alright?" 

The taller one looked up and took the popsicle away from and answered. "I'm fine."

"I don't think you are." 

"Aniyo, it was a happy spicy taste." Tzuyu said while sounding like she was close to tears. She immediately brought the popsicle back to her tongue to ease her burning tongue...which isn't doing that much. 

Sana frowned, worry plastered on her face, "You're really okay, right?"

Tzuyu gave her a pained smile and nodded. "It's just because it's really delicious." Tzuyu sniffled a little, the spiciness getting to her nose. 

The older giggled and nodded her head towards their direction. "Let's go."

Tzuyu nods and continues trailing behind Sana in pain. Sana offered to give Tzuyu her last piece of the spicy barbeque but Tzuyu shut her down saying she's feeling full.

 

 

Over at the plastic surgery hospital, Momo and Mina were seated infront of one of the doctors desk in his office. Mina just sat there quietly listening to Momo asking questions about plastic surgery and stuff and the surgeon answers back with detail information Mina had no clue about. She was looking back and forth between them and made eye contact with the surgeon who pointed her pen at her. Mina raised a brow. 

"Ms.Myoui, the corners of your kips go up so high and your gums show. You're called a player often, right?"

"Eh?"

The doctor put down her pen and passed Mina a hand mirror. "Have a look." 

Mina held the mirror and looked at her self doing different faces and angles while listening to what the doctor was talking about how the corners of her lips shouldn't be the way it is like right now. 

The doctor directed her attention at Momo who was smiling at Mina and pointed her finger at Momo. "Look here." 

Mina looked over at Momo who looked confused. 

"Look how they go up slightly here. This smile is the trend." Everyone laughed. 

"So what to do? Since you're here, want to lower them just a little before you go?" The doctor asked.

Mina nervously laughed and refused the offer, scratching her head. Momo held her laugh behind a hand. 

"You're so good looking but it's a shame that one point is like that. Quite a shame." 

Momo started packing up her things. "Thank you doctor for your consultation today." They both bowed respectively and left the office after saying their goodbyes. 

 

Mina and Momo were walking side by side along the streets. Mina had her hands in her pockets and Momo was walking with her hands behind her back. The taller complained how the doctor was kind of annoying but Momo only looked at her with her trendy smile and Mina scoffed. 

"Do they really go up that high?" Mina asked while touching her lips. Momo nodded.

"Then should I get surgery?" 

Momo immediately shooked her head. "No, you can't. That's your charm, Mina. The corners of your lips going up when you smile and your gums showing.

"It's because of the corners of my lips and my gums show that I keep getting called a player." Mina complained with a frown. 

Momo crossed her arms. "Then you're not?" 

"Yah, that's for certain. If there's someone I like, I really become loyal to them." The younger one argued but the other only looked at her skeptical 

"Why is your face like that!" 

"Nevermind." Momo continued walking and Mina just pouted. "I'm hungry, let's go eat something delicious, Mina." 

Mina nodded and Momo put her arm around Mina's and they continued their walk towards a restaurant. 

 

Mina watched with a grin on her face at Momo who was legit eating majority of the food and making satisfied sounds every bite. Her smile slowly changed to a blank face. This scene reminded her a lot like Sana whenever she eats in pure bliss. Mina could only purse her lips together and set down the tongs gently on the table. Momo looked up from her food and pointed at the food with her chopsticks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter