Chapter 5

What Am I To You? (HIATUS!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After everyone got off the bus, the teacher explained this field trip about bonding or whatever. So the teacher told everyone will break up into pairs for their trip, telling everyone to go the location the teacher gave on a sheet of paper and take pictures as their assignment. Knowing Chaeyoung would go to Somi, Somi went to find Momo and ask her before Chaeyoung could partner her. Since Somi knew this field trip was going to be about bonding, she wanted Chaeyoung to be closer to her crush. When Somi found Momo, she quickly held onto her arm. Momo turned to look at the owner of the hand and smiled seeing it was Somi.

"Somi-ah, what is it?"

"Can we be partners for this trip? Since we don't know each other that much, I think we could be really good friends." Somi smiled. She wasn't exactly lying. She barely knew Momo besides her being the leader of the Dance Club and loves jokbal. 

Momo glanced over to Mina who was busy talking to Tzuyu about something. She wished she could reject Somi's offer to be with Mina but since the teacher said this trip was about bonding, she thought she could get closer to Somi. So Momo accepted Somi's offer to be Momo's partner. 

Somi smiled, Success! She looked over to where Chaeyoung was and saw that she just stood there alone like a lost cub. Somi began to feel bad about leaving Chaeyoung but she thought it was for the best. 

 

 

After hearing the teachers instruction, Mina looked around for Sana. She didn't want to admit it but she really wanted to be partners with the older blonde that she would refuse people's offer of being partners. Mina was about to go find the blonde when she felt Tzuyu's hand on her shoulder. She looked over at Tzuyu with a questionable look. 

"I think I'll be partners with Sana," Tzuyu said. Mina's heart dropped. She had a feeling Tzuyu would want to be with Sana. "but I saw Chaeyoung alone since Somi went with Momo. Maybe I'll partners with her?"

"Son Chaeyoung?" Mina asked and Tzuyu nodded. Mina looked towards the direction of where Chaeyoung was and saw that she was just standing there alone, looking around. "Well, its your choice, Tzuyu-ah." Tzuyu stood there silently, debating whether she should be with Sana or Chaeyoung, until Tzuyu held out her hand in a form of a fist. Mina looked at her confused. Is she asking for a knuckle punch? So Mina formed a fist and bumped her hand to Tzuyu's until Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

"No you idiot. Rock Paper Scissors," Tzuyu said. Mina felt like a . "If I win, I'll go with Sana, If i lose, I'll go with Chaeyoung."

Mina felt like this was fair since she also wanted to be with Sana. Mina nodded. After 3 rounds of Rock Paper Scissors, Tzuyu lost all three rounds since secretly Mina is the king of Rock Paper Scissors. Mina wanted to know if Tzuyu was sad about not being with Sana, but Tzuyu was known for not expressing what she feels, she couldn't tell even if she's been with Tzuyu half of her life. Mina watched the youngest go to Chaeyoungs direction and saw how Chaeyoung's face turned bright red. She swore to god Chaeyoung might have a crush with her with the way Chaeyoung would visibly stiffen and blush whenever she's around the Taiwanese.

When Sana realized who she was left with she started shaking her head while Mina came over arms out and open. 

"Ahh! Why does it have to be scene maker Myoui Mina again of all people?" She began whining.

"Don't worry," Mina said with her player grin, putting her arms around Sana's shoulder and looking down at her. "I know how you feel. Strong negativity is a sign of positivity." 

"Ani, strong negativity is real negativity." Sana grumbled pushing Mina's arm away. She let out a frusturated sigh, "I'm already tired thinking about spending the whole day with you."

"You know, protesting that much means the opposite." 

"Tch.Sometimes words mean what they mean." Sana deadpanned. Mina frowned. Why does she have to be so rude.

"Do you think I like being with you?" Mina said in a teasing tone, smacking her lips

Tzuyu was reluctant to leave, lingerng for a bit and walked over to Mina with Chaeyoung a few feet behind. Tzuyu whispered in Mina's ear, asking her where they'll be going. Mina shrugged and asking Sana where they'll go.

"Ahn Mok Haven Cafe, Yesuri Village, and...Mookhwa" Sana said slowly until she fist pumped the air. "Oh yeah! Mookhwa! I'm going to drink a bit!" She started dancing in her spot. Mina only scowled and nudged her to stop. "Tch, you're crazy thinking you're going to drink again. Aish." Sana only pouted and glared at her and continued reading the paper their teacher gave them.

"Sana looks like she's going to have fun." Tzuyu said as she glanced at Sana. "Take care of her"  Mina mindlessly nods before she watched Tzuyu walked off with Chaeyoung walking side by side with her. That request doesn't sit well with Mina. She thought to herself as Tzuyu walked away, I really wanted to congratulate Tzuyu when she had someone that she loved, but now thats going to be difficult

When Mina's alone with Sana, Mina sticks to her most comfortable full-of-herself, blustery facade.

"Be grateful you got paired with me when everyone else was obviously dying to be my partner." Mina boasts, placing her hand ontop of Sana's head while Sana gave her a disgusted look. 

"Yah, look over there. All those girls are only staring at me" Mina said as she gave them her player smile and a wave. She turned to look next to her and realized Sana was walking away farther away from her only to go to a street vendor. Mina scoffed. "Aigoo, the samshik eater started again". Mina shouted at Sana who only looked up holding the food in her hands and started to run off.  

When Mina caught up with Sana, they went around the place. They stopped by a tourist attraction and stopped to take pictures, like Mina making a hurt face when Sana looks like shes about to punch Mina with a big grin on her face. They took another picture where Mina had a smug smile with her thumbs up and Sana smiling with both her eyes, fingers on her cheeks. They took it to where they were so close together that if Mina moved her head a 3 inches closer to Sana, her head would rest ontop of the blonde. 

"Sana-yah! Lets make a heart!" Mina smiled, holding the camera and going through the pictures. Sana scoffed and shook her head but Mina pulled her and started making one half the heart with her left arm, waiting for Sana to complete the other half. Sana just giggled and made the other half of the heart with her right arm. Mina prepared the camera with her right arm and both of them smiled. In all honestly, if someone saw them, they would easily mistake them for dating. 

Sana then lead both of them to find a different tourist attraction, looking around and stopping for a bit to look at flowers or the scenery. Mina would follow behind, looking at Sana's backside sometimes taking pretty pictures of her without her knowing. Sana catches Mina with the camera up to her face, about to take a picture until Sana blocks the camera lense with her hand.

"Have you been taking pictures of me the whole time." Sana furrows her eyebrows, looking at Mina accusingly.

"Just taking proof of the ugliest person in the world." Mina teased. Sana opened obviously offended and started punching Mina's side while the strawberry blonde laughed, blocking all of Sana's hits. A women walked by them, watching the scene with a smile on her face and saying something along the lines of them beign a cute couple. Both of them heard this and Sana blushed while Mina grinned, wrapping her arms around Sana and giving her a big bear hug and shouting, "Thank you!" Sana then pulls Mina's hair, earning a shout from her. Mina began rubbing the spot where Sana pulled, frowning at Sana while she stuck out her tongue and continued walking. 

They both arrived at another tourist attraction where Mina took out her camera stand, locking the camera into place and adjusting it. Mina ran over to where Sana is and rested her chin on the top of Sana's head and placing her arms around her neck, hugging Sana from behind and showed off her gummy smile. Sana laughed at Mina's weird action and the camera made a loud clicking noise, indicating that the camera took the picture. Mina ran over to the camera with Sana walking behind. The strawberry blonde grinned looking at the picture and showed it to Sana.

"Look! Aren't we cute? We would be a good looking couple, Mina said as a joke, but inside she knew it wasn't. "Let's take another one." 

"You're so obsessed with taking pictures it's ridiculous." Sana said while following Mina back to the same spot they took the picture. All she got from Mina for a reply was a shrug and a I-dont-know-what-you're-talking-about face. They took one last picture of them holding both hands and their bodies facing each other, with Mina's forehead leaning on Sana's forehead and their heads facing the camera.

After that, they went to this village with many paintings on the side of the houses and walls, taking a few pictures with weird poses. One of them was this "High-fashioned pose" where Mina said Tzuyu does it every derp picture people force her to take. They had someone who knew well about the village lead them around telling that certain spots are good for a couple date. 

"That's good and stuff but where is the most private place?" Mina grinned. The tour guide looks at her confused. Sana let out a sigh until Mina started laughing at her  own joke. 

"Aish, you're starting again." Sana said and she lifted up a fist to punch her. 

"What's wrong with that? It's good to know." Mina shrugged like it's no big deal as they continued following the tour guide. 

Later, they end up at the beach where Mina and Sana both play around throwing sand at each other. Mina points out into the open asking what's that when Sana turns around to look but only saw nothing. When she turns back around she sees Mina running up to her trying to pull her down into the water with a hug. She fights back by screaming and pushing herself away from the water with her feet. Sana broke away from her hug and started pulling Mina towards the water by her hands. Mina squatted down shouting that she did wrong and will never try to pull that again but since Mina is much stronger than Sana, she didn't budge. When Mina stood up, Sana almost fell back but Mina quickly pulled her forward laughing at her.

Mina makes Sana lie down on the sand pretending that she's disrupting his panoramic shot of the shore, only to take pictures of her. "Yah Minatozaki Sana! You're y!" Mina teased.

"Aish. You made me lay down for nothing! I got sand all over me!" Sana shouted. Mina only laughed and walked over to her spot. "Aigoo was my baby worried?" Mina smiled only to recieve a push from her. After Sana wiped all the sand off of her, Mina pulled her up to her feet.

Tiredly, they both sat comfortably down on a bench. Mina started talking about how great the beach is for a date and how she's starting to remember old times. Sana only scoffed and guessed that she seduced a lot of girls in the past at the beach. Mina denied that saying it was the opposite and that girls tried to seduce her. The blonde rolled her eyes and looked at the scene. 

"This would be a good spot to pick for a lunch date," Sana said pointing at different spots. "you could set an umbrella over there and lay out a blanket. The scenery is great and there's a nice mood to it."

Mina sat quietly,glancing over at Sana and seized the moment and asked, "Who would you have lunch with then?" She waits with anticipation and after a long pause Sana turns to her.

"Mina..."

She lights up. Would she really have a lunch date with her? She grinned like a dork until Sana finshes with, "...you have something on your face." 

Mina pouts and starts disliking this location, which Sana became dumbfounded when literally she was singing praises seconds ago.

They relocate to a cafe where Mina took more scenic pictures from the balcony, and notices Sana dozing off. Mina took this chance to openly stare googly-eyed at her, and moved her hand to block the sun from her eyes, causing some onlookers to gag at the display of affection. As her hand hovers inches away from her face, she wonders, "Just this far... Is this the right distance for us? If I take one step closer, will we grow further apart?" Sana slowly woke up just in time to see Mina pull her hand back in a hurry, covering up the moment by calling her ugly even when she sleeps. Sana just scowled. 

"You were about to her hit me weren't you?" 

"Yeah, I was. So what?" Mina fought back, pretending to be caught redhanded. 

They go shopping at the fish market for fresh catch and eat it raw right there on the beach with soju that Mina told Sana not buy but she bought it anyways using the excuse of her being 22 and that she's of legal age. Mina sighs, setting the food on the picnic table while Sana happily puts down the bottle of soju. They began eating with Sana making this adorably contented face whenever she takes a bite.

Mina shows a disgusted face, "Stop making that face, it's your ugliest."

Sana glared at her and keeps doing it just to spite her. Mina just stared, thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter