Chapter 14

What Am I To You? (HIATUS!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DING DONG! DING DONG!

 

Mina and Sana turned their heads to look at the door. Mina furrowed her eyebrows and directed her attention back to Sana.

"What's that? Did you order a midnight snack again?" 

Sana pouted and shooked her head. Mina dropped her hands to her sides and gave Sana a doubting stare. Sana looked at her door and yelled loud enough for the other person on the other side to hear. "Who is it?" 

"Sana-yah! It's Tzuyu." 

At this, Sana began to panic knowing that Tzuyu will find out about them. She immediately grabbed Mina's arm and dragged her away from the door. 

"Hold on, Tzuyu-ah!" Sana turned to look at Mina who had a straight face on. "Aish! Mina, what do we do?" 

"Move. I'll handle it." Mina says cooly. She began to walk towards the door but Sana's grip on her arms stopped her from making any more steps. 

"Are you crazy? What are you going to do?" 

"It's something that's going to happen eventually, so it would be best for her to know first." Mina started to walk but was again stopped by the shorter.

"No, you cant." Mina looked down at Sana's widen eyes. It was the same face the blonde made whenever she felt panicked and Mina didn't like the fact her girlfriend wasn't in a stable mood right now. "Don't you dare even try coming outside."

Mina frowned as Sana, pushed her gently towards her room. The strawberry blonde scowled and feels extremely unhappy about handling things this way. She watched as Sana turned around to the direction of the front door. "Tzuyu-ah, I'm coming!" 

 

Sana stepped out of her home to see Tzuyu giving her a small smile and holding a brown bag. The bag contained some herbal medicine since Sana claimed to be feeling unwell that day. The blonde stared at it for a while and looked back up to the dark-haired girl. It's unclear whether Tzuyu heard another voice inside, but she definitely picks up that something is off. 

"Tzuyu-ah..." 

Tzuyu took a hold of Sana's hand and placed the bag ontop of it. "If you drink this every morning, they say you'll feel better." 

Sana remained quiet and knowing she had nothing to say, Tzuyu turned to take her her leave but was stop when the other girl called her name. She laughed a little to release the tensed mood. 

"It's nothing. It's because my uncle is a herbal medicine doctor. Don't worry about it." 

"Truthfully, I..." 

"I said it was nothing." 

Sana stared at Tzuyu. Tzuyu wasn't usually one who interrupted people and would let the other speak their thoughts, but lately she's being doing that often. Tzuyu gave a sincere smile but Sana knew her eyes spoke differently.

"It's cold. You should go back in." With a final word, Tzuyu walks off and down the stairs, leaving Sana to stand in front of her door, holding the bag of expensive herbal medicine. She goes downstairs and quietly watches Tzuyu's back disappear into the distance. Mina, who came out of the apartment and stood in front of the door, watched her best friend walk away sadly. 

Both of them looking miserable for having deceived their friend.

 

Sana solemnly walked into her apartment and placed down the bag of medicine onto the table. She let out a sad sigh and turned her head upon hearing footsteps coming her way. The sight of her girlfriend with her arms out wide lifted her mood a little but not by much. Mina gave her a lop sided grin and motioned the older girl to get in her arms. 

"Come here. I'll give you a hug."

Sana heaved a sigh. "Stop it." 

This didn't bother Mina one bit and walked over to the blonde and wraps her in a big bear hug. 

"I said to stop it. I'm not in the mood to do this." Sana got out of Mina's hold and Mina frowned. 

"Yah, Minatozaki Sana. Why do you think so much?" Mina pulled Sana back into her arms, the blonde's head resting on her shoulders

"You're not alone, and the two of us are dating. So why do you keep suffering alone? I said I'll be the bad guy."

Hearing that, Sana began to relax in her lovers arm and close her eyes, feeling Mina's fingers combing through her hair.

 

If you don't have the confidence to fall head over heels in love, you dont have the right to love. 

 

 

Sunlight peeked between the blinds of the windows, shining right into Mina's eyes. There, on the bed, is Mina, drool coming out of the corners of . Her phone that was laying right next to her began to play her alarm, causing the laying body to wince and move. She picked up her phone and turn off the alarm before rubbing away the sleep blurring her eyes. Her fingers automatically pressed onto a familiar contact name and began typing out a message with a dumb smile on her face.

'Are you awake, sleepyhead? I miss you.' - Mina

Faster than when she sent it, her phone buzzed. She looked at her phone expecting a reply back from the girl but to her disappointment it was only a message from the group chat with her, Sana, Tzuyu, Momo, Chaeyoung and Somi. She smiles seeing the messages from Somi and Chaeyoung about how their teacher should take a 9 day vacation trip instead of 3. To avoid being rude, she just sends a stick emoticon to the chat. 

Mina rolls to her back and stretches her arms above her head, the same goofy smile still on her face. She hears her phone vibrate and pick up her phone to look at the incoming message. 

Sitting up to lean on her elbows, she scrolls down the group chat, rubbing the remaining sleep in her eyes, to read the new text that was sent from Sana... in the group chat.

'I miss you too, idiot. See you later. [Selca pictures of her in bed]' - Sana

Mina widen her eyes, moving them back and forth to read between her text and the group chat name. After realizing it wasn't a dream, she started flailing around her bed, screaming into her pillow.

"Aish! This !" 

 

A loud scream erupted from Sana's apartment, causing the birds that were sitting on the rails to fly off. 

"AH! What do I do?! Minatozaki Sana, you're crazy! What do I do?!"

Sana was kicking around in her bed and pulling on her hair, frustrated. How could she be so dumb? She sent the wrong message to the wrong chat and now everyone will find out she's in a relationship with someone. Ah, Sana you're so a dumb . She screamed out as many curse words she knows both in Korean and Japanese.

"What do I Do? I'm crazy! I'm crazy! I'm crazy!" 

She covered her face in her pillow and let out another screeching scream.

 

 

At school, Chaeyoung was in the Tzuyu's classroom with Somi and intently staried at her phone, rereading the message from Sana a few minutes ago. She looked up at Tzuyu who was reading a book at her desk and nudges her gently, causing the latter to look up with a confused face.

"Tzuyu-ah, is there anything you know?"

Tzuyu frowned and shook her head. "No."

Chaeyoung turned to look at Momo who was sitting next to her. "What about you, Momo-unnie?"

"Eh?"

"You're close with Sana-unnie."

Momo shrugged and gave Chaeyoung the same answer as Tzuyu's causing the younger one to let out a huge sigh. 

Mina was uncomfortably sitting behind them, pretending to be typing on her computer and listening to Chaeyoung trying to break the conspiracy of who Sana is dating. Mina let out a sigh. 

"Who could it be? I don't know..." Somi began saying, drifting her eyes to look at Mina who was giving her a cold glare that basically says '-you-better-not'.

Chaeyoung turned to Mina with a hopeful smile on her face. "Mina-unnie! You know, right?" 

"Excuse me?" 

"You know, in that group chat on Kakao Talk earlier this morning, Sana-unnie sent "idiot" and then a heart. I'm sure it was for her boyfriend." 

Girlfriend. Mina said inside her head. 

"Oh, so itchy. Why am I so itchy?" Mina turned to look at Somi who was scratching her arms and her neck and fidgiting in her spot. Right then, the blonde finally entered the classroom, her bag hanging from her shoulder. 

"There she is! Sana-unnie!"

Sana walked towards her group of friends with a small smile. "Yes?"

Chaeyoung cleared and tried to stand up straight, even thought that didn't really help her height. "Spill it immediately." 

"What?"

"Who's "idiot"?"

Sana cursed in her head, wishing that her friends didn't bother her about it. She was looking around and saw the pair of eyes from her friends, waiting for an answer from the blonde.

Quickly Sana, think of something! Sana thought.

"Uh.. That? I was sending it to my friend but I sent it to the wrong chat." Sana nervously laugh, taking a seat at her desk. You ing idiot! No ! 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and let out a groan. "Yah, unnie, do you think I'm some idiot?" 

"It's the truth." Sana kept her act up, trying to laugh it off. 

"You're not dating anyone in the school right?"

Sana let out a fake loud laugh, and gave the small cub a waving hand in denial. At this, Tzuyu and Momo rolled their eyes, noticing how fake Sana is being right now. "What? No way! What do you mean dating in school?"

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes at the blonde. "That seemed really fake. How suspicious." She turned to look at the others. "She's suspicious!"

"Ah! I heard there's this new noodle shop that opened down the street and they put in a lot of clams. We should go there for lunch!" Sana said, hoping this would divert their attention about her dating someone. 

Chaeyoung smirked. "So you went there with that "idiot"?"

The blonde laughed. "It hasn't been a while since it opened."

While Chaeyoung kept bothering and annoying about Sana and Sana having to pretend like everythings fine, Mina has to cringe inside seeing how Sana is being fake and even had to close her eyes so she could avoid this painful sight. Her phone vibrated and looked at it to see a text message.

'Let's go to the roof.' - Tzuyu

Mina glanced up at Tzuyu who turned to look over her shoulder at Mina. 

 

 

Mina was stood there awkwardly next to Tzuyu, with her hands in her pockets while Tzuyu was looking off at the distance, holding the rail. She knew what Tzuyu wanted to talk about it bothered her more that she has to continue lying to her best friend.

"Who could "idiot" be?"

"Huh?" Mina looked at her friend.

Tzuyu looked down at the roof ground. "The message that Sana sent this morning. Did she really mean to send that to her lover?" Tzuyu sighed. "To tell the truth, I went to Sana's place yesterday." A wave of nervousness shot through Mina's body, biting her lower lip. "But she seemed weird. She couldn't even make eye contact with me."

Mina just rocked back and forth on her heels, looking away from Tzuyu, a feeling of guilt stirring in her body. 

"One-sided love can make you look pathetic." Tzuyu laughed to herself. She then turned to look at the fidgeting strawberry blonde. "But... do you know anything?"

Mina blinked and stared at Tzuyu for a second but swallowing the lump in . "Oh, Sana..." Right then her phone began ringing and looks up at Tzuyu. "Hold on."

Mina answered the call and put the phone against her ear. On the other end she can hear Sana sounding stressed.

"I could die."

"Yeah, okay, I'll go in right away. Yes" Mina made up the conversation.

"Hurry! Im not joking!"

Mina sighed, "Okay." She ended the call and looked at Tzuyu and gave her a wave which the taller one responded with her shooing her away and continued staring off at the scene.

 

 

In the stair case, a blonde is repeatedly banging her head to the wall, calling herself idiot multiple times until Mina opened the door to the staircase and walked in. The strawberry blonde sighed and roughly nudged Sana's hair causing her to yelp in pain. 

"Aish. What an idiot. You should just broadcast it all over the school." Mina leaned against the wall. 

Sana groaned and stomped. "Im seriously going to go crazy. This won't do. Starting from today, Kakao Talk in the morning is banned. IF you have something to say, call me."

Mina rolled her eyes and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter